Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Default Earthbound - What's a fair trade

Trader has a cart only copy of Earthbound and sent me this message:

I see that you want Earthbound. What would you trade for it?

I'm interested in:

Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus - complete
    Kingdom Hearts II - complete
    Brave Story: New Traveler
    Final Fantasy XII - Limited Edition Official Strategy Guide
    Kingdom Hearts II -- Limited Edition Strategy Guide
    Conker's Bad Fur Day -pristine complete
    I sent an offer for Conker's thinking in that condition it's worth $60, but he seemed almost insulted. What would be a fair trade?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Gasshu-kun

Quote Originally Posted by Daria View Post
    Trader has a cart only copy of Earthbound and sent me this message:

I sent an offer for Conker's thinking in that condition it's worth $60, but he seemed almost insulted. What would be a fair trade?
    Conker is worth nearly that much, I don't know why he'd be insulted. :/
    For a cart only copy, don't trade anything over $80 in value. They hardly sell for over that, unless the copy in question is complete.
    You may never make a deal with this guy if he happens to be another "OMG EARTHBOUND IS ULTRA RARE AND EXPENSIVE!" screamer.
    In Heaven, everything is fine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Throw in a copy of KH 2 and see what he says. It's practically worthless but it's another game off the wanted list.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I agree with Kyle, ask him what more he expects for the trade to measure the value he has in mind for his earthbound.
    Las calles no son basurero, POR FAVOR TIREN LA BASURA EN SU LUGAR !!!!

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Is Conker's BFD really worth almost $60 complete? I sold several factory sealed copies for $15 each a few years ago, I found there to be only a few people interested in them at that price as nobody bought them at $20 each(someone else told me that I should expect to get $10 each for them, he personally wasn't interested in buying them at all).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Gasshu-kun

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    Is Conker's BFD really worth almost $60 complete? I sold several factory sealed copies for $15 each a few years ago, I found there to be only a few people interested in them at that price as nobody bought them at $20 each(someone else told me that I should expect to get $10 each for them, he personally wasn't interested in buying them at all).
    Loose copies have been going for $20-$30. A complete one would be at least $40 or so.
    In Heaven, everything is fine.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Update: He said he wanted just

which, would have been beyond awesome, but later in the day someone sent him an offer for Silent Hill and Resident Evil 2 and he accepted.

Oh well. I got a new cat yesterday. Way better than a videogame. :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    I remember back when the N64 died, all the stores had stacks and stacks of Conker and Perfect Dark for like five bucks. Ebay was saturated. Eventually, though, they got absorbed into the secondary market and I guess the price has went back up? $60 seems way high, but $15 also seems too low.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tubeway View Post
    I remember back when the N64 died, all the stores had stacks and stacks of Conker and Perfect Dark for like five bucks. Ebay was saturated. Eventually, though, they got absorbed into the secondary market and I guess the price has went back up? $60 seems way high, but $15 also seems too low.
    It really didn't help that Conker wasn't a very good game. Camera issues on par with the 3D Sonic games and platforming that had been done to death. The game's sole selling point was cursing and adult content. Funny that people will pay a fortune for the N64 version when the Xbox version is practically unwanted.

Right, forgot... the Xbox version was WORSE, with even more broken gameplay and lots more censorship.

As you can tell I just don't like the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Update: He said he wanted just

which, would have been beyond awesome, but later in the day someone sent him an offer for Silent Hill and Resident Evil 2 and he accepted.

Oh well. I got a new cat yesterday. Way better than a videogame. :P
    Crap, that could have been a fair trade ... that game is getting more expensive everyday :S

To be honest, i prefer a cart of earthbound to a cat :P
    Las calles no son basurero, POR FAVOR TIREN LA BASURA EN SU LUGAR !!!!

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tubeway View Post
    I bought them when they were being cleared out, they were cheaper than $15 each when I bought them(I still feel I got a fair amount for them). For the longest time the Wal-mart near me still had copies for over $75, but they finally sent them back to the supplier. I also remember seeing copies of Conker, Perfect Dark, and Turok 3 everywhere.

I personally wouldn't trade a copy of Earthbound for Conker, to me it doesn't seem like they're worth the same(plus I don't like the N64 that much). I still regret passing on a copy of Earthbound for $7.99 several years ago, I didn't know about it at the time and I didn't have a SNES. I won't do that again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by eskobar View Post
    To be honest, i prefer a cart of earthbound to a cat :P

Earthbound would very likely sit on my shelf and collect dust. A cat's a friend for life (well his life anyway). There will be other Earthbounds. Deals have a habit of just popping up for me.

Objection! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Worst case - there are a couple of Earthbounds (2 at last check) sitting at a local game store @ $50 cart only, next to the $75 Final Fantasy VIIs (also 2 of them).

I just don't like to go there because every time I do, I feel severe rage. Amazon prices (for things that don't sell at those prices because they're too high) should not persist at B&M stores, especially in small towns in Kentucky.
    Last edited by Sailorneorune; 04-06-2009 at 07:07 AM.
    Serving the retrogaming community since March 2005

DP feedback: +47(!), no negatives
    can be found here: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66092

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by Sailorneorune View Post
    Worst case - there are a couple of Earthbounds (2 at last check) sitting at a local game store @ $50 cart only, next to the $75 Final Fantasy VIIs (also 2 of them).

I just don't like to go there because every time I do, I feel severe rage. Amazon prices (for things that don't sell at those prices because they're too high) should not persist at B&M stores, especially in small towns in Kentucky.
    Yeah tell that to CGX and their $99 copy of Ogre Battle. A good $40 - $50 above going rate.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sailorneorune View Post

If you think that's bad you should check out some of the game stores in Seattle. THe whole reason we have such a thriving CL scene here is b/c all the stores think ABOVE Amazon prices is great. We're also home to Pink Godzilla, the price-gouging import store. XD The worse has to be Al's, tho, with their loose Phantasy Star II cart marked $50. Unbelievable.
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com

Insert Coin (Level 0) chrissylas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mobiusclimber View Post
    The worse has to be Al's, tho, with their loose Phantasy Star II cart marked $50. Unbelievable.
    I found a boxed copy in Al's for $11 once. They are a decent place to go as long as you are willing to look through all of their games thoroughly and leave empty-handed sometimes.

You're right though.... all of the Seattle game stores suck. Which still makes no sense to me. This place should be the mecca of classic gaming!

Objection! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

On the off chance they get some of the so-called "rare" games, I prefer Book Broker above all.

Anything older than PS2? Manga? DVDs? All of it - less than $10.

Getting Guitar Hero III and Rocks the '80s for $10 each before they got semi-cheap in the 3-packs was very nice.

I guess that some of these insane prices were put into effect from all the flipping, and the stores wanted a piece of the action.

As far as I'm concerned, I'll wait for the 2049 price drop on Final Fantasy VII from $75 to $25, which is where it should be now.
    Serving the retrogaming community since March 2005

DP feedback: +47(!), no negatives
    can be found here: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66092

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chrissylas View Post
    I found a boxed copy in Al's for $11 once. They are a decent place to go as long as you are willing to look through all of their games thoroughly and leave empty-handed sometimes.

You're right though.... all of the Seattle game stores suck. Which still makes no sense to me. This place should be the mecca of classic gaming!
    You can certainly get deals at Al's but the reason is b/c no one really knows jack about games there. It's just tough for me to look for the deals when most of what they have is insanely overpriced.

I'd post about the BEST place(s) to get games here but I'd kinda like to keep that info to myself! Unfortunately, they've been getting pretty bad lately too. You can still get great deals on strategy guides tho. And that's all I'm sayin'...
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com

Insert Coin (Level 0) chrissylas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mobiusclimber View Post
    I'd post about the BEST place(s) to get games here but I'd kinda like to keep that info to myself! Unfortunately, they've been getting pretty bad lately too. You can still get great deals on strategy guides tho. And that's all I'm sayin'...
    I know of a few places as well that aren't too bad. I generally hit up all of the surrounding areas on weekends so I do a fair bit of traveling

Yeah, Al's is generally terrible but sometimes it pays off. You just have to hit it on a good day with a good guy behind the counter. I think the store in the U district is the worst of the lot though.