Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: April 2009 Finds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDavid View Post
    A long search finally ended yesterday. While most kids that had them cut their teeth on Commodores, TRS-80s and the like, I spent my computing time back then in front of a Tomy Tutor. (and of course Apple II's in school) I've always loved the Tomy Tutor especially for the games on the platform. However I've also always been unable to expand my collection beyond the three cartridges I've had since all those years ago. You never find this stuff in the wild, it just doesn't happen. So longer story short, a big lot was up for auction and it turns out it was a DP member selling off most of their stuff before moving.

With only ten games for the system released in the USA you'd think I would have acquired more by now. With the arrival of this package, I now have the entire USA cartridge library, as every game released was included in the package. It only took 25 years.

Tomy Tutor computer
    Tomy Tutor Joy Controllers
    Tomy Tutor - Car-azy Racer (loose)
    Tomy Tutor - Cave Crawlers (loose)
    Tomy Tutor - Deep Six (loose)
    Tomy Tutor - Hyperspace (loose)
    Tomy Tutor - Jungler (loose)
    Tomy Tutor - Loco-Motion (loose)
    Tomy Tutor - Pooyan (loose)
    Tomy Tutor - Scramble (loose)
    Tomy Tutor - Torpedo Terror (loose)
    Tomy Tutor - Traffic Jam (loose)

Works great and I spent most of last night playing the games, nice that it has native composite video and audio output - or the good old RF. The computer, Joy Controllers, Jungler, Loco-Motion and Traffic Jam cartridges are all duplicates so I'll more than likely be putting them up for sale here as a lot soon. (or for trade for Japanese Pyuuta stuff)

Now that I have them all I can continue to expand my Tomy Tutor column at RTM. Honestly I felt like a kid in a candy store when I was unpacking the cartridges - awesome to finally have them all.
    Damn, dude! That's a hell of a sweet buy! I've always wanted a Tomy Tutor, but I've never seen one in person before. I only found one game back in the day, at some home computer store in 1984 or 1985 that was clearancing out their dead stock. I wanted to buy it because I thought it was a TI-99/4A game, and the sales guy who was watching me rummage through their junk box said, "Wow, you have a Tomy Tutor?" I put the game down, disappointed that I couldn't play Scramble on my TI Home Computer. Then years later, researching the Tutor online showed it to be strangely related to the TI-99/4A, since techology-wise it was pretty similar to TI's cancelled TI-99/8 computer. I've always wanted to get my hands on one, but since I don't do eBay, it's pretty much impossible.

You have got to put some gameplay videos up on YouTube!

All I found today was Hotel Mario, Mad Dog McCree, and International Tennis Open for the Philips CD-i, $1.19 each. I also picked up a lighted USB printer cable for $5.19.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Not much really over here. Some great prices at Sears (game related).

I did pick up Rockman Battle and Fighters (NGPC), complete, so I am very happy.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I just looked up the Tomy Tutor, the box is hilarious, it's like the Brady Bunch.

Just curious, how much could one expect to pay for a Tomy Tutor?

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I couldn't find any charged batteries for my high tech 2 megapixel camera, so you'll have to close your eyes to imagine this find.

I went to value village today for my find of the year, so far.

I found a loose but working Gameboy Advance SP2 for $.80. It's really strange, because they had 1st generation GB's for $10 behind a glass counter. It's even stranger because I found a loose original GB for $.60 last year. I found the SP on a peg hook near the back of the store, where they hang their Bag's O' Crap. It had a big KSwiss sticker on it, which I removed with goo-gone. So I went to Play and Trade where I overpaid for an AC adapter ($10), and a GBA Gradius game for $5.

Also today I found five nintendo sleeves for $2, and a TG-16 World Class Baseball game - CIB for $2.10. Good overall day, for finds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Got a couple things this evening:

PlayStation:
    Alundra 2 (boxed)

DS:
    Dream Pinball 3D (complete)

$15 for both.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Traded Bally Astrocade Controller number 3 for Power Stone for Dreamcast

Insert Coin (Level 0) chrissylas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Found some perfect condition games at Value Village today! All disc based games are complete

Bust A Groove 2 (PSX) - $1.99
    Board Game Top Shop (PSX) - $1.99
    Crazy Taxi 2 (DC) - $.99
    NBA 2k2 (DC) - $.99
    Backyard Skateboarding (Sealed, GBA) - $1.99
    Gitaroo Man (PS2) - $4.99
    Flight of the Intruder (NES) - $4
    Fisher Price: Perfect Fit (NES with Instructions) - $5
    Power Blade (NES) - $3
    Indy Racing 2000 - (N64) - $2.50

I'm getting really close to finishing off my US NES Licensed release list as well as my N64 collection!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got a sealed Sonic Wings Special for PS1 today for €7 at the flea.
    Wii: 8285 8147 1575 6278

Insert Coin (Level 0) jermandaim's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JanLazer View Post
    I enjoyed them. Also have the collection series. I prefer Space Quest, though.
    A friend of mine bought a complete copy of Space Quest (Not sure which one but it came with 3D glasses) for some insane amount a while back.

I thought I struck gold a week or so ago when I picked up mint big boxed copies of King's Quest IV, King's Quest VI, and The Black Cauldron for 2 bucks a piece at a thrift. I was pretty surprised to see that they aren't worth all that much.

The Quest for Glory collection seems to be worth quite a bit these days.

Anyway I found this at the thrifts yesterday for $2 (Sorry my cat won't leave me alone when I'm taking pictures ). Does anyone remember this game?

I seem to remember playing a shareware version of this but never the complete game.
    My CTCW Listings
    ---------------------
    My eBay Listings

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jermandaim View Post
    Does anyone remember this game?
    I seem to remember playing a shareware version of this but never the complete game.
    I played the demo way back when it first came out. I remember it being quite fun, but I guess not good enough for me to try to buy it on my meager allowance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

At an Antique place, they buy estates:

Atari and CV: $2 each

Ice Hockey
    Wargames
    Victory
    BC Quest for Tires

NES and Genesis - $3 each

NES:

Urban Champion
    Burgertime
    Break Time
    Yoshie Cookie
    Wheel of Fortune (CIB)
    Robo Warrior (CIB

Genesis: (all CIB)

NHL 95 (yea I know but its my favorite)
    Taz Escape From Mars
    Stargate
    Spiderman
    Wolfchild

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Atarileaf View Post
    At an Antique place, they buy estates:

Atari and CV: $2 each

Ice Hockey
    Wargames
    Victory
    BC Quest for Tires

NES and Genesis - $3 each

NES:

Urban Champion
    Burgertime
    Break Time
    Yoshie Cookie
    Wheel of Fortune (CIB)
    Robo Warrior (CIB

Genesis: (all CIB)

NHL 95 (yea I know but its my favorite)
    Taz Escape From Mars
    Stargate
    Spiderman
    Wolfchild
    whatever you do dont play spiderman, its horrible. Dont even try it, it will haunt you forever

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Today I went to my first garage sale of the season (I guess it was more of a moving sale, though), and was not disappointed. It helped that the one we went to had playstation and "ninetendo" stuff listed in its CL ad. They also had Lego stuff listed. I'll get to that in a minute. We got there at 10 to nine (ad said 9am start) and there were cars lining the street on both sides already. It was definitely a lot more people than I expected, but it is early in the season and there aren't a lot of sales yet, so that concentrates people.

Most of the sale was inside the house, and it was a total feeding frenzy on the Lego stuff. These people easily had 5-10 grand worth of lego sets, mostly Star Wars. We're talking the big death star, star destroyers, millennium falcon, tie interceptor, y-wing, and new star wars vehicles that I don't know the names of. That's just the big stuff! There were tons and tons of smaller and medium things as well. I might have looked for some lego stuff since I really like them, but it was all in a kind of small corner by the kitchen, and the whole scene was just mad. I think a lot was priced decently (for the seller I mean... $40 for the y-wing comes to mind, $40 for a med-large Falcon), but some stuff wasn't priced at all. Mix in the clear professionals that had tubs of legos and more stacked on top, and yeah, total chaos.

Fortunately the games appeared untouched (I surveyed the lego scene after dealing w/ the games). There was a sign that said video games were 2 bucks each, so I picked out what's in the pic (list below). Well, first I asked how much for the nice boxed NES Action Set. She wanted $75 for all the NES stuff (what I got plus ~5 more games and the boxed system: games I left were the likes of Cabal, Top Gun, etc). I didn't have that much with me, and it seemed a bit high, so I just cherry picked this stuff. There was one of those holders for controllers/zapper & games, and it had a huge stack of manuals... mostly for SNES and N64. Unfortunately those systems/games weren't anywhere to be seen . Earlier in the week they had had their phone number on the ad (it was removed later), so I wonder if someone didn't make a deal on those ahead of time. I just can't bring myself to be 'that guy', though, so I lose on stuff like that now and again. I picked those manuals out and handed them to her and explained that they didn't go with this stuff... she seemed grateful, but she was so swamped it might have just been the lull right then and I was trying to be helpful.

Oh yeah, after we tallied up the stuff to 35, I asked how much for the PS2, and she said, "I don't even care anymore, 20 bucks". Mind you, it was only like 9.05am. Yeah, it was that crazy, I don't blame her for being frazzled. I'd forgotten to check the disc games for actual discs, but when I got home I was happy to find an 8MB memory card in the SW Legos case (and all discs accounted for and in nice+ shape)! Love little bonuses like that.

Probably the coolest thing I came away with is that Zelda Tips & Tactics book. I didn't think much of it at the time, bud hadn't seen it before. Pretty cool now that I flip through it, and looks like it is not real easy to find. Kind of funny, on the inside back cover is some art depicting Link loaded down with all his gear on his back: raft, ladder, bow/arrows, boomerang, shield, sword, bracelet, potion, bomb, wand, flute, key on a string around his neck, map book tucked in vest... am I missing anything? The funny part is he is standing upright like he's out for a casual stroll.

NES: SMB2 & 3, Dr. Mario, Tetris, Zelda x2, Zelda 2 (classic), DK 3, Mario Bros. Boxed advantage was $5
    PS1: Galaga, Dark Forces
    GC SW Rogue Squadron III and a CIB N64 Mem Exp Pak
    Fallout 1 & 2 were at a thrift on the way home. (just checked ebay: Holy Shnikeys, I didn't know CIB copies were so nuts. Don't think just a disc is too special unfortunately.

We also passed a church rummage sale on the way home and stopped. It was on its 3rd day, so I wasn't expecting to find anything. But then there was this SMS lot for 10 bucks. Didn't know the Gen games or card game were in there till I got home. Anyone need a PS1 Road Rash 3-D manual? Volume 5 Sampler?

SMS w/ 3 control sticks (1 busted), regular controller, phaser, games: F16 card, After Burner, Mono Poly, Gangster Town, Altered Beast, Great Baseball, Choplifter, Out Run, Great Basketball, Zaxxon 3-D, Rambo.
    Gen: Shadow of the Beast, WWF Royal Rumble
    Hunt for Red October was in the box too, they just threw some other stuff that wasn't selling in there I think.

How's that for a wall of text! Anyway, not a bad kickoff to the garage sale season.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I got a brand new Tyco Power Plug thing for the Genesis for cheap. It's got a dent in the front but is otherwise in great shape.

It's up for trade if anyone's interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by hellfire View Post
    whatever you do dont play spiderman, its horrible. Dont even try it, it will haunt you forever
    . Really? That bad?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Atarileaf View Post
    . Really? That bad?
    yes its that bad

Cherry (Level 1) ErmangelnSeelen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Picked up:

$3 SNES Cleaning Kit (CIB)
    $3 Illusion Of Gaia
    $3 Dragon Ball Z butouden 3
    $8 Suitcase full of random nintendo stuff (the suitcase looked like the one in fear and loathing haha)
    *3 NES controllers
    *1 n64 controller (beat to hell)
    *like 7 SNES games, Killer instinct, Mortal Kombat, Star Fox, rest were sports
    *SNES console
    *Broke ass SNES power adaptor

Not too bad I guess.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Found a complete copy of Operation Europe for the Genesis today. $2.99 Smiley

-Atarian75

Trade List: http://gametz.com/user/Atarian75.html
    Last Game Finished: Earth Defense Force 2017 on Normal. 5/27/2009

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Decent trip to the flea market

All of this for $40

New Tetris N64 complete
    Super Mario 64 complete
    Zombies Ate my Neighbors SNES cart only
    Zelda Ocarina of Time n64 cart only

Atari 7800 system with all hookups, and 2 games
    3 Old complete microprose games: Command HQ, Knights of the Sky, and Lightspeed. All are complete with all the inserts, etc.

NEW Sealed PS2 Network Adapter

So not bad, the PS2 network adapter is going on ebay to pay for everything I bought today

Apple (Level 5) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    GameOverRG

Had a great day today at the flea market.

Cib Galaga Atari 7800 .50
    cib City connection NES .50
    cib Back to the future NES .50
    cib Marble Madness NES .50

Loose nes games .50 each

Slalom 5-screw
    Metroid w/manual
    Mach rider 5-screw
    Pinball 3-screw
    Gradius 5-screw
    Thunder and lightning
    Gumshoe 5-screw
    Soccer 5-screw
    Ice climber 5-screw
    Millipede
    Excitebike 5-screw
    Ikari warriors 3-screw

Nes boxes $free

Tengen pacman with insert
    Mtv's remote control
    Pac-Mania w/insert
    Dragon warrior
    Skate or die
    The legend of Zelda
    Gradius
    Super mario 3
    Bubble Bobble
    Contra
    Super Mario Bros

Nes manuals $FREE
    Zapper
    Nes cleaning kit
    pac mania
    tengen pacman
    Dragon warrior maps and book
    Zelda tips and tricks x2
    Bubble Bobble (Now I have a complete one sweet!)
    Mario 3
    Contra x2
    Gradius
    Mtv remote control
    Skate or die
    Monopoly
    and a few nintendo power inserts and such

Stack of nintendo power mags $free

The guy still had a good amount of nes for .50 each im probably going to get most of it tomorrow.