I searched through this gigantic message board and couldn't come up with any place where this has been asked anytime recently. So, I pose this question now.

Which is the best Crash Bandicoot game ever made?

Personally, I like Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back the best. It's probably the shortest of the games (on home consoles), but the one I find the most enjoyable. I think it also has the best music in the series.

Crash Bandicoot 1 is good, but more difficult than 2. The Perfect formula is tougher for getting gems and some of those levels are pretty long for having to get through the whole thing without dying (Sunset Vista)

Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped is definitely a good game, and probably the zenith of the series. Wasn't really a fan of the flying levels.

Crash Bandicoot 4: The Wrath of Cortex was designed to capitalize on the previous games, but added some other stuff. Cortex's previous minions (Tiny, Dingodile, Dr. N. Tropy) were reduced to slightly higher than regular enemies, and a new character, Crunch Bandicoot was created to replace them. I think the game's ok, but I don't like the load times (infamous for their god-awfulness), and the mech levels. Probably too many levels with vehicles in them (something like 10 or 11, I know). It's also significantly harder than the previous two Naughty Dog games.

As for Twinsanity and Crash of the Titans, I haven't gotten the chance to play them, so I have no opinion of them, but I know that the series seems to have lost its way.

Thoughts, anyone?