Thread: Bubble Bath Babes!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Bubble Bath Babes!!!

Just got back from the local flea market. Picked up Flintstones:Rescue of Dino & Hoppy, Trolls on Treasure Island, Metal Fighter, and Bubble Bath Babes. I'm a collector, but I'm not going for a full NES set and I really need the cash. I checked the Rarity Guide for Babes ($400) and ebay (none on there). Does anyone have any idea what it's sold for in the past on ebay? It's in good shape, but cart only. Haven't tested it yet. Pics or it didn't happen, I know...I'm at work and I'll get some posted tonight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Probably more than $400.... I haven't been following the cart-only prices as much, but I think it goes for like $600 or something.
    The CIB price jumped quite a bit since a few years ago.... the cart price did as well, but I'm not 100% sure what it is at right now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I dunno, but if you're wanting to flip that Bubble Bath Babes, NintendoAge would be a good place to post it to generate interest.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryborg View Post
    her partially exposed butthole offends my christian sensibilities yet makes me want to play jet force gemini

<skaar> Let's triforce our dicks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll check out NintendoAge. I talked with the guy from ChasetheChuckwagon, too. He seems pretty cool. Haven't quite decided yet where I'll be posting it, but I don't think I'll be keeping it. I found Super Starfox Weekend a few weeks ago at the same place and sold it. Add in this game, and my collection has almost paid for itself (no more complaining from the wife that my hobby is too expensive!).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

jesus christ, that has to be the find of the month, you are so lucky

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sounds like I'm taking a road trip to Eastern Kentucky to do some thrifting and flea marketing
    her partially exposed butthole offends my christian sensibilities yet makes me want to play jet force gemini

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Exclamation

Here's the only pic I have so far. My flash on my cam is broken, but I was able to get a couple screenshots tonight. Here's some titular 8-bit goodness to hold you over until I get some cart shots. I really had to shrink this baby down to get it on here.

P.S.- Carey85, you're too close! Keep away...it's mine..all mine!!! Just kidding. This is a pretty good area to find some gems. No one here knows what things are worth, they're just happy to make 5 bucks off their games. I can recommend some good areas here to hit if you do make it. There's a whole box of Atari games I still haven't had a chance to rummage through yet at the same place.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There's a flea market in Russell, KY that I hit once or two a year but it's a solid 2 hours or so from Jackson and I hate the 2 hour drive from Cincy just to get to it. I love finding rare 2600 games, but 3-4 hours chasing a needle in a haystack is a little much. However, I've had my best finds in rural areas where people were just setting stuff out at the roadside flea market or at yard sales and the like.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carey85 View Post
    There's a flea market in Russell, KY that I hit once or two a year but it's a solid 2 hours or so from Jackson and I hate the 2 hour drive from Cincy just to get to it. I love finding rare 2600 games, but 3-4 hours chasing a needle in a haystack is a little much. However, I've had my best finds in rural areas where people were just setting stuff out at the roadside flea market or at yard sales and the like.

This is one of the best places I've had luck, and I've looked everywhere between here and New Mexico. You should try to get down here around August, I think, for the 52 mile yard sale on HWY 52. It's pretty good, but a TON of old clothes to sort through.

Back to topic at hand, the sun came out and I got a pic of my game now (DEFINITELY going to get a new camera after I sell it).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Great score...that's one game I haven't seen in person since the early '90s at a local movie rental store. Loose cart, you should be able to get at least $500 for it. I think the last one that sold went for $575 or so, btw...
    World's greatest Internet game store: http://blastedmachines.com

Also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/BlastedMachinesTechShop

Wanted: Any and all Dragon Quest, Lufia/Estpolis, Tales of series, and NIS games, strategy guides, and miscellaneous items. Will pay $$$ or trade well for items I don't already have.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mb7241 View Post
    Great score...that's one game I haven't seen in person since the early '90s at a local movie rental store. Loose cart, you should be able to get at least $500 for it. I think the last one that sold went for $575 or so, btw...
    I hope you're right. If all goes well, I'll have enough to get a new camera and a Wii with the Wii Fit (ah, the fruits of my labor going to fund my wife's desires...). Anyway, I listed that sucker on ebay. Should be on there later this afternoon. I included a link in the Everything Auctions forum. Now if I can only get some time to sit down and play it before someone wins the bid (I have small children in the home).

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i'm looking foward to sitting back and watching this auction! awesome find!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i would think you could get $550 without trouble ... you could probably get $650 without too much work ... and if you really wanted to work for it someone might eventually claim it for $700 but i really think that would take a few months

Insert Coin (Level 0) RagedGamer's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What a find! Last game I picked up at a thrift store was a Mega Man 5 cart and I thought I hit the lotto. You've just raised the bar just a little. Last one sold for $407 and another with box for $640:

http://ragedgamer.com/showthread.php?p=16273#post16273
    Last edited by RagedGamer; 04-14-2009 at 02:44 PM.
    All classic. All the time. www.RagedGamer.com

Strawberry (Level 2) misfits859's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey, I claimed central Kentucky awhile back. No claim jumping!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, the one that went for 407 was mine. Soon as the PayPal transfers I'm off to get a Wii (200 bucks with Mario, Zelda, GC controller and memory card) and start my own small business (I do portraits and murals...been needing some business cards and a few other things).
    Your ad here.