I was browsing through Craigslist yesterday, when I found an ad for some Final Fantasy soundtracks (FF IX Plus CD, FF X OST, & an FFVII OST).

So, I emailed the guy and asked him to send some pictures. He sent me some pics showing the front covers, and some of the discs. After looking at the pics, and doing some research, I determined that the FFIX & X OST are bootlegs.

However, it appears that the FFVII OST may be legit. The discs have the DigiCube logo. And underneath it shows the catalog number: "SSCX 10003" and "1997 DigiCube Co., Ltd", and then the SquareSoft logo. (There's a couple of other things on the disc, like copyright notices and stuff, but I didn't want to type all that out.)According to the site http://vgmdb.net/, this catalog number is for the limited edition version of the FFVII soundtrack. Also, the pics the seller sent of discs 1 & 2 look the same as the ones I've seen online. There aren't any pirated versions that have the DigiCube logo on them, are there?

Now, the only thing that makes me question it legitimacy, is the fact that the case the CDs are in doesn't seem to match what I've seen online. In the seller's pictures, the FFVII CDs are in a double thick case, and appear to have a slip cover with Cloud on a motorbike printed on it. However, the seller did state the following in his email: "note, FF7's case is broken, i replace a new case. the cover is missing also."

I've asked the seller to send some more pics of the Cloud slipcase, and of discs 3 & 4. I've also asked him whether the FFVII case shown in his photos is the original one, or a replacement Hopefully, this will give me some more answers.

By the way, does anybody know where I can find pictures of everything that came in the FFVII limited edition soundtrack, so I can do a proper comparison?