Thread: Steep Slope Sliders World Record [VIDEOS POSTED]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Steep Slope Sliders World Record [VIDEOS POSTED]

I guess this is the best place to put it, but I think it is pretty cool. I am going to videotape a full run and go for a world record high score for the Steep Slope Sliders. Pretty cool.

I am also going to put it up on youtube when I make the run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V_BfrhJOaE (Part 1)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a1ty...eature=related (Part 2)

If you watch, the way my score got so high so fast is that I hit the half pipe with the sickness and only messed up at the very beginning, and very end, but at that point I had over 10,000 points on that one course. I also learned where I should not do tricks, as it only slows me up. You might notice a few places where I purposefully go around them, and I do that because time to point ratio wise, it is not worth it to go after a trick spot and risk only getting 150-200 points. I also dominated the last course as well. I got almost 8,000 points on that course. For some of the stuff, I played it safe to ensure that I did not mess up and actually hit a good score. I could have went ape shit and went just crazy, but I made sure that this run would be good. The score is possible to beat, but rest assured, it will not be an easy one to beat, as you will need to hit half pipe pretty much perfect to be able to get a score that high, as the rest of the tracks I only missed a tops of 1 or 2 trick spots that would have gotten me tricks with points over 200 points. It is safe to say that there is a reason why I am submitting that score, as it is pretty insane.

I don't know the rules with sending stuff into Guinness that is on youtube, so I might have to take these down once I submit this to Guinness.

Why go to the work of submitting to Guinness? They will send me a certificate. I say it is worth it to me.

And yes, I am making my full on youtube debut in a Sonic hat and a DP shirt.

If I get squirrely, I might try to submit the course scores individually as well to Guinsess. Doing a full run and course runs is pretty easy to submit to twingalaxies though

So you know the point break down of what the levels require compared to what I actually scored, I will post that right here for you guys so you have an idea before you watch the video (or after, whatever)
    Course 1: 500 points, I got 3536
    Course 2: 700 points, I got 4759
    Course 3: points awarded based on time, but I got 6750
    Course 4: 1750 points, I got 4446
    Course 5: 4500 points, I got 15930
    Course 6: 3000 points, I got 5299
    Course 7: 3250 points, I got 7949

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SegaAges View Post
    I guess this is the best place to put it, but I think it is pretty cool. I am going to videotape a full run and go for a world record high score for the Steep Slope Sliders. Pretty cool.

I am also going to put it up on youtube when I make the run.
    Dude, thats awesome!

Steep Slope Sliders is a great game... good luck! I look forward to the Youtube vid.
    If a god is willing to prevent evil, but not able, then he is not omnipotent. If he is able, but not willing, then he must be malevolent. If he is both willing and able, then why is there evil? If he is neither able or willing then why call him a god?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    raindog151

Seconded! Can't wait to see the youtube vid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You guys will also get to see the work I have been doing to this as well since I got that marquee and buttons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am impressed with myself. I hit 48,000 on my first run. I tried to press my luck and go to beat that, and got 42,000 (I think). I recorded them both, and am going to make some dvd's to send to twin galaxies and Guinness (I read up previously about requirements on sending scores directly to Guinness).

I am also going to post both of the runs up on youtube. You guys will get to see me hitting that 48,000 point run.

I did a small intro on the runs to show that I was really using a full on Jamma cab instead of mame or something.

Getting that score on my very first run when recording, wow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have 2 runs I am putting up. These are the final scores of the 2 runs.

Run 1: 48669
    Run 2: 41528

I got the dvd's made, I just need to get them ready to mail out and fill out the paperwork for Guinness, and I will upload the runs to youtube here in a few days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am giving this a bump since I finally got everything sent in to Guinness.

It seriously took 3 months since it takes about a week or 2 to hear back after filing a claim, then about a month or 2 (for me it was 2) waiting on them to accept the claim, and now I sent in the video on dvd as well as a cd filled with pictures of the arcade machine. It is safe to say that they wanted those to ensure that I was not doing nothing funny (like playing some wierd version of a Mame Cab).

The pictures I posted of my cab are just some of the pictures that I submitted (I submitted about 30 pics I took to be safe about it).

Now is the waiting game. I either get to hear that it is official and get a certificate, or it gets rejected (hopefully not).

That score is super hard to even get close to now. I got super lucky and beat that score and got a little over 50,000 the very next day, but since then, I am lucky to score in the 40,000 mark. I am normaly in the 35,000 mark.

Now here is the test: who will take longer to count this as official, TwinGalaxies or Guinness. I am still waiting for TwinGalaxies to even add the game to their database. It has been about 2 months on that.