Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite series and favorite game from that series?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default What's your favorite series and favorite game from that series?

Just as the title said, im interested in what peoples favorite series are and their pick of best game from that series. As might guess from my avatar my favorite series is Castlevania. My favorite game from the series is a toss up between SOTN and Dawn of sorrow. Dawn seemed to take a lot of the great stuff from SOTN and added a bunch of great new stuff, but SOTN was just so damn epic when i first played it. its hard to pick between games of different generations.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow. Too many genres. I'll go with 1 0n 1 Fighters and pick Mortal Kombat. I haven't played MK vs DC yet, but have played about everything before that and can appreciate the things they've tried over the years (Anthologies, Shaolin Monks, etc). But my favorite would have to be MK II. It improved on the original in every way possible. Thank God it didn't have combos and an endurance meter (I HATED part 3).
    Your ad here.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Easy.......Turismo. Don't even have to think about it. My fave is most likely 3. It's a big enough game, but not overwhelming in it's scope.

Insert Coin (Level 0) genesisguy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was going to say Sonic, but I think the first 3 US Super Mario Bros for the NES are it. If only for pure nostalgia factor. #3 gets my vote for best of series.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'll go old school and say the Donkey Kong series, with my favorite being the original, one and only Miyamoto classic - Donkey Kong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I go back and forth on this one, so I'll just say both the Elder Scrolls series and the Diablo series. Diablo 2 is unquestionably the best in its series, but I can't settle on whether Morrowind is better than Oblivion. Morrowind did a few things that I absolutely love, but then Oblivion is a better game overall. Still.. I can't decide.

Startin' From Scratch Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hmmmm. Hard to pick a series as a favorite, especially when I'm delving into a new sector of gaming I hadn't gotten to yet. But for what I have enjoyed...

Final Fantasy - with VI being the best I've played... but VII being the favorite I replay repeatedly. Reasoning

VI - best overall game

VII- GREAT battle/skill system... meh plot that's never really resolved. Plus, if it weren't for the storyline I could've avoided 2398792837412 Cloud/Sephiroth slashfics on the nets.

King of Fighters - '97 is my favorite. Period. 2003 is a close second but '97 man. '97.
    -AB+

Holy crap. It's been a while.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    PentiumMMX

I'll go with Donkey Kong Country (And it's spin-offs) as my favorite series, and as for favorite game from it, it's a toss-up between Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest and Diddy Kong Racing (DKC2 improved upon an already great platform game, while DKR is what kept me from trading in my N64 and getting a PlayStation)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    JCinc421

The Suikoden series is my favorite with the best one easily being Suikoden II.

And as an honorbale mention the Final Fantasy series of games, with my favorite from that series being FF Tactics.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sabz5150

The Master of Orion series, and of course my fave is MOO2. I don't wanna think of the hours I have put into that game.
    Wants:
    Starflight Starmap and Code Wheel
    Starflight II Starmap
    Got these for sale or trade? PM ME!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Flippy8490

This is such a difficult question to answer XD.
    Well in the classic realm, Im going to have to go with the Mega Man original series for the NES, and my favorite from it has got to be Mega Man 2.

In the current realm, I have to go with the Ratchet and Klank Series. So epic. My fav from that is 'Going Commando'...such a good platformer/adventure game.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Probably the Zelda series, with Ocarina of Time just beating out Link to the Past.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Tex Murphy series on the PC (Mean Streets - Overseer) is my favorite, and Under a Killing Moon is my favorite. Whilst not technically the best of the lot (that would be The Pandora Directive) for some reason it's the one I enjoyed the most.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Castlevania series, Castlevania III - Dracula's Curse

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

Street Fighter.

I'm gonna go with Street Fighter Alpha 3 as my favorite. Lovely game.

Strawberry (Level 2) Arcade_Ness's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll have to say the Mother series. My favorite would have to be Earthbound, though Mother 3 comes a close second. I preferred the more laid back setting, the epic feeling of visiting several places around the world, instead of being constricted to a single island. Most of all I like the way the game is a parody of sorts of JRPGs.

is neither blue nor fast thom_m's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

It's a tie between Metroid and the original Megaman series. Super Metroid and Megaman 4 (yeah, yeah, I know) are my favorite games on each. Funny thing is, while I've been playng Megaman since I was a kid, I only had my first contact with Metroid games a few years ago, and I got instantly hooked.

The Sonic the Hedgehog series on the Genesis comes on a close second, Sonic 2 being my favorite title.
    Last edited by thom_m; 04-06-2009 at 03:10 PM.
    Blowing on cartridges since 1987

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Castlevania is my favorite series. The majority of the games are some of the best out there, not to mention how many good games it actually has in its lineup.

Super Castlevania 4 is my favorite.

My second favorite series is the Ogre Battle series. Never has there been a bad game in the series, though even how good Knight of Lodis is, the game is extremely flawed with the damage system and would be a much better if the problem was fixed. Makes me remember the days when the majority of games Atlus localized were actually good. The localization of the SNES March of the Black Queen was done by Enix, though.

Tactics Ogre Let Us Cling Together is my favorite in the series and also my favorite game.

Check out my Advance Wars DS Ogre Battle stage. Sharom District. Added more cities where each location was to make the battle more AW-ish. I also added a few new locations to even the playing field. There's an updated one, pretty much the same, but with a few adjustments to make it follow more closely and look better. Put fog of war on and it resembles the Ogre Battle games even more, just that it's turn based.

Last edited by kupomogli; 04-06-2009 at 07:21 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    Castlevania is my favorite series. The majority of the games are some of the best out there, not to mention how many good games it actually has in its lineup.

Super Castlevania 4 is my favorite.

My second favorite series is the Ogre Battle series. Never has there been a bad game in the series, though even how good Knight of Lodis is, the game is extremely flawed with the damage system and would be a much better if the problem was fixed. Makes me remember the days when the majority of games Atlus localized were actually good. The localization of the SNES March of the Black Queen was done by Enix, though.

Tactics Ogre Let Us Cling Together is my favorite in the series and also my favorite game.

Check out my Advance Wars DS Ogre Battle stage. Sharom District. Added more cities where each location was to make the battle more AW-ish. I also added a few new locations to even the playing field. There's an updated one, pretty much the same, but with a few adjustments to make it follow more closely and look better. Put fog of war on and it resembles the Ogre Battle games even more, just that it's turn based.

HELL YEA! i totally have to agree with you, my second favorite series is ogre battle too after castlevania. thats crazy cause i a lot of my friends dont even know what ogre battle is. I fricken loved tactics ogre, probably my favorite GBA game.

Insert Coin (Level 0) calistarwind's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Even though Earthbound would be my favorite game, I have yet to play any of the others in the Mother series. Mainly I don't read japanese and have not downloaded the emulators.

So that being said I would have to say my favorite series would be a toss up between Shadow Hearts (first being my favorite) and Suikoden (the second being my favorite).