Thread: CIB Gameboy Games

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Default CIB Gameboy Games

Picked these up not too long ago, and they are wasted on me. Thinking of selling or trading them, and wondering what they might be worth. All are in excellent condition all around, complete with original inserts, trays, manuals, and I think they all even have their baggies. I don't follow GB stuff, and don't seem to see boxed examples on eBay (or anywhere else) for reference.

Mortal Kombat
    Super R.C. Pro-Am
    Kid Icarus
    Tetris
    Tetris 2

I had this picture handy from when this was a find, so for what it is worth:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

c'mon, I know there's a few GB collectors around here somewhere!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

final bump. If I can't get an estimate, or possibly a good offer, I guess I'll roll the dice on ebay or CTCW.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd say you're looking at $15 for each of the CIB gameboy games, with Kid Icarus at about $30. I'd be interested in the Kid Icarus and RC pro am if you're selling or trading.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I just saw this completed auction on eBay. Anyone want to comment? Is this just nutty eBay, or do the 3 different bidders give it some reliability? I've heard that GameBoy collecting has really ramped up, so is this a product of that trend?

Strawberry (Level 2) icarwngs55's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

*Shrug* I personally think that is overkill...mainly cause it is not sealed

But what do I know

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
    I just saw this completed auction on eBay. Anyone want to comment? Is this just nutty eBay, or do the 3 different bidders give it some reliability? I've heard that GameBoy collecting has really ramped up, so is this a product of that trend?
    WOW!

To think, I was going to place a bid! O_o

People on Ebay are just plain nuts...or desperate. I know I fell victim to said desperation a few times, but thankfully managed to regain my grip on reality. I recall a copy of Montezuma's Revenge for SMS fetched $75 once!!!!!!!!

EDIT: Found out that the nut who placed such a high bid also did the same with a few other games...can't wait for him to leave feedback so I can show him the things I have for sale! Maybe I can get a few thousands from the guy
    Last edited by megasdkirby; 04-18-2009 at 07:06 PM.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

I would have said $10 each except for Tetris which would be higher(as complete copies are hard to find), but I guess I'm not with current pricing after seeing that completed auction. I know that loose games aren't worth near that much.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They could have been thinking that they were bidding on all 4 games. Would make some sense especially with Metroid II in the picture.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Yeah, that's possible. I try never to underestimate peoples' stupidity, but I really have a hard time believing 3 different people didn't read the auction that they bid ~$70 on. It is clearly stated that it is for 1 game only.

I guess we'll find out, as these games are going on eBay later this evening!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, that's possible. I try never to underestimate peoples' stupidity, but I really have a hard time believing 3 different people didn't read the auction that they bid ~$70 on. It is clearly stated that it is for 1 game only.

If it's something of interest and requires some reading to understand what exactly it is it's bound to attract a few people who will get carried away and over bid without carefully reading and understanding the auction if it's not as simple as could possibly be. I saw somebody selling R.C. Pro-Am 2 but when you would read the description the seller said that the board inside wasen't R.C. Pro-Am 2 but something else and he couldn't remember what it was (probably the first game). This didn't stop buyers from coming in and bidding up the game to about $25 shipped.

I was selling the soundtrack & making of disc for Lunar SSSC on eBay with the case missing the back part & the insert for the back and I still had to list it 3 or 4 times before I had somebody that paid and didn't complain that they though they were getting the actual game. The description under the tile said some like "READ DESCRIPTION!! Making of & Soundtrack ONLY" and I went into great detail much like this post about what they were getting

In short it's not hard for me to picture a few buyers seeing that picture (especially with a complete Metroid II in the mix) and getting carried away and bidding it up high.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

I originally thought the selling price wasn't bad for everything included, but then I read that only one game was included. I guess it's possible that nobody really read it, it's happened before. Lots of people are stupid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    packers17

i might need to sell my wii box then and see what kinda cash i get
    42 is the answer to everything
    BOYCOTT SHAMPOO
    DEMAND REAL POO
    http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126987--trade/sale thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FOnewearl View Post
    If it's something of interest and requires some reading to understand what exactly it is it's bound to attract a few people who will get carried away and over bid without carefully reading and understanding the auction if it's not as simple as could possibly be. I saw somebody selling R.C. Pro-Am 2 but when you would read the description the seller said that the board inside wasen't R.C. Pro-Am 2 but something else and he couldn't remember what it was (probably the first game). This didn't stop buyers from coming in and bidding up the game to about $25 shipped.

I was selling the soundtrack & making of disc for Lunar SSSC on eBay with the case missing the back part & the insert for the back and I still had to list it 3 or 4 times before I had somebody that paid and didn't complain that they though they were getting the actual game. The description under the tile said some like "READ DESCRIPTION!! Making of & Soundtrack ONLY" and I went into great detail much like this post about what they were getting

In short it's not hard for me to picture a few buyers seeing that picture (especially with a complete Metroid II in the mix) and getting carried away and bidding it up high.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    I originally thought the selling price wasn't bad for everything included, but then I read that only one game was included. I guess it's possible that nobody really read it, it's happened before. Lots of people are stupid.
    Just to add to the puzzle, Metroid II also sold for about 70 something using the same picture/format from that seller. Blades of Steel, also in the picture and listed, didn't get any bids with a starting price of 2.95. The TMNT in the picture does not appear to have been listed at the same time.

I did list several of mine tonight if you want to bid and/or follow along! Here are my current eBay auctions.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That KI should do very well. It looks absolutely pristine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

And you might get $15-$20 for that Pokemon Yellow. At least every loose copy I ever sold went for somewhere around there.
    "Game programmers are generally lazy individuals. That's right. It's true. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Since the dawn of computer games, game programmers have looked for shortcuts to coolness." Kurt Arnlund - Game programmer for Activision, Accolade...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I guess maybe that previous CIB Kid Icarus auction was a fluke, since mine is currently at 1.04 with less than a day left! Still a lot of time, I know, but I've never seen one of my auctions jump that much in the last day before.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I guess maybe that previous CIB Kid Icarus auction was a fluke, since mine is currently at 1.04 with less than a day left! Still a lot of time, I know, but I've never seen one of my auctions jump that much in the last day before.
    Just bid on a couple of yours actually. I'm sure I'll be sniped at the last minute.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am watching the Kid Icarus out of curiosity. I had planed to bid on it, but the $33 dollars shipping to Canada is the deal breaker for me. Good luck with the auction, I hope the other auction wasn't a fluke

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darkhades View Post
    I am watching the Kid Icarus out of curiosity. I had planed to bid on it, but the $33 dollars shipping to Canada is the deal breaker for me. Good luck with the auction, I hope the other auction wasn't a fluke
    eBay is so pissing me off right now. Their shipping calculator is screwed up and not showing the Priority Mail International option when you have your postal code entered in. Right now it only shows you the Express option. For Priority, the cost to Canada would be $15.65, and that includes insurance.