Thread: Pirate Booty Repro WAY overpriced on ebay...LOOK!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Pirate Booty Repro WAY overpriced on ebay...LOOK!

This happens to me everytime! As soon as I list something on ebay someone else lists the same thing or, in this case, something very similar. My wife says I'm being paranoid. I've got Bubble Bath Babes on ebay right now (the authentic one) and someone else has listed the Pirate Booty repro cart (containing all the Panesian games). They've got a buy-it-now of $325!! Can't you still get this thing new at retrozone for 60 bucks? I politely asked the seller a question about it (if it was the same one on retrozone) but haven't heard a response yet. I bet they don't answer or "forget" to post that question on their auction. Con artist, I say. Honestly, who buys a 14 year old NES games? My step-son is 13 and I have 200 NES games that he won't even touch! And again, how many more parents actually screen the games they purchase (the majority don't, from my experience). They've had a history of 2 bids, but I bet one of those is an account they created (new member wanting to buy it for 225 and they posted that question). I'm not worried about my game not selling. The starting bid is about half the regular going rate, so I'm sure someone will pick it up. I just hate to see someone who's starting to collect get ripped off. Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NES-PEEK-A-BOO-P...3A1%7C294%3A50
    Your ad here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A fool and their money often part ways... on ebay!
    With a humble heart, on bended knee...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Update: Just checked the link and it says this item is no longer available. I hope no one bought the thing under the assumption they were getting a rare game. Maybe the seller realized what it was and pulled the auction so they don't risk ruining their feedback. Guess we'll never know!
    Your ad here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sonicwolf359

eBay. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany
    DERP

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draven View Post
    Update: Just checked the link and it says this item is no longer available. I hope no one bought the thing under the assumption they were getting a rare game. Maybe the seller realized what it was and pulled the auction so they don't risk ruining their feedback. Guess we'll never know!
    I'm pretty sure if the seller pulled it, the auction would still show up as a closed listing like every other auction (only it would say "the seller ended this auction early" or somesuch). To me, the way it shows up makes me think eBay ganked it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Does anyone remember who was the seller?

Anyone has an HTML copy of it?
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by megasdkirby View Post
    Does anyone remember who was the seller?

Anyone has an HTML copy of it?
    I listed the link at the top, but that's all I got. Can't remember the seller's name, but they had 100% feedback and a score of around 437, I think. I wasn't sure if they quit reproducing that game and now the repro was rare or if they saw mine listed and thought they could get the same price, or at least those are my gullible explanations. They probably just wanted to cash in. Glad to see they didn't. Buying something like that early on in your collection could really turn you away from collecting all together. I'd hate to see someone miss the enjoyment of the hunt and collecting because an ebay scammer took them. Of course, you have it coming if you don't research.
    Your ad here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
    I'm pretty sure if the seller pulled it, the auction would still show up as a closed listing like every other auction (only it would say "the seller ended this auction early" or somesuch). To me, the way it shows up makes me think eBay ganked it.
    Yeah, either the auction was pulled or the seller got suspended and all of his items got automatically yanked. Honestly, this all is pretty common.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default look

I politely asked the seller a question about it (if it was the same one on retrozone) but haven't heard a response yet. I bet they don't answer or "forget" to post that question on their auction. Con artist, I say.
    Can't remember the seller's name, but they had 100% feedback and a score of around 437, I think.
    Cough, ebay messages should still have your message you posted to that person saved on ebay or in your emails.