Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bone-colored Intellivision

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Bone-colored Intellivision

I resently bought a collection of intellivision stuff. There was the first one, 2 int 2, one int 3, and one I hadn't seen before. It is the same design as the first one but it is bone coloured. If anyone has info about this I would be interested like production numbers, how you could get it, value, etc. I have a picture on kijiji.ca St Catharines in the video game section.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I saw the pic, and that's very, very interesting. I don't know if it's a discoloration or what, but it's not the Sears version that is normally ivory/bone colored.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tupin View Post
    I saw the pic, and that's very, very interesting. I don't know if it's a discoloration or what, but it's not the Sears version that is normally ivory/bone colored.
    Indeed...strange

Any Intelly "master" who can clarified this white console ?

Oh eBay! you are such a pain, I am addicted to you like crack cocaine. You offer things I cannot find in stores,You are the pimp, and we are all your whores.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yea I've been following this from the CGCC thread and it definitely doesn't look like a discoloration or some kind of paint job. Looks like a factory job. There was a fellow on Atariage named Dryfter who was a big collector and seemed to know a lot about the history of the system but unfortunately I haven't seen him around in months. Really nice guy too.
    Last edited by Atarileaf; 04-13-2009 at 07:54 PM.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I also seem to recall there being some discussion about an intellivision prototype console of some type on this forum around 2005, but I was unable to find it. Perhaps someone else will remember what it was about...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Astrosmash DWB

Quote Originally Posted by sniperCCJVQ View Post
    I had a hamster with albinism once, and two of my friends have an albino rat, but I didn't know the condition could also affect game consoles.

(Very strange; never seen or heard of anything like this before. First thought is prototype, but that's mainly for lack of any better idea about what it could be.)
    Dan B.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Does it have the usual sticker/plate/embossed system info tag? You know, serial number, country of manufacture, model number, etc.? Might be interesting to see if that info differs from your other systems.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

There was the Worldbook Encyclopedia version of the Intellivision that was prototyped in the late '80s for a deal that ended up falling through, but this is labeled as a Mattel Electronics product which means it's from long before that.

Someone needs to email the Blue Sky Rangers about this one. I'd love to know it's history.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Yeah, this has a history behind it. OP, I wouldn't sell this just yet.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

While the pictures are dead, here's the thread from 2004 about presumably the same kind of system: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44570

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

I'm also following this on CGCC, I should mention that the person he got this from apparently won it in a contest. Anyone remember any contests that happened back then?

I just picked up an intellivision Ive never seen before. it is bone coloured and is the shape of an intellivision 1. I also got a paper that said this person won the system, a voice module, and a game. I didnt get the other 2 but does anyone have info on this system like production numbers, last time one was for sale, value, etc?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just have to chime in and say that that INTV is awesome. I didn't read the old thread, but my advice would be to keep that one

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default another picture and some more info

I took a picture of the bottom of the unit. It is on kijiji.ca in St catharines under video game. Also I have to correct something I said earlier. I thought that this was the unit won in the tournament because it was different but I realized that the unit won was actually an Intellivision 2. i do have the unit that was won as well as the paperwork. I posted a picture of both on the same aformentioned website. I will be bringing both to the cgcc show in Toronto in a week and put on display if I can get a table.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

I'll just post the pic here, it might be easier for people to see.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    CROM JR

I got to see this system today at the ccgc gta swap meet in brampton ontario, it was funny...

I was looking at a table of stuff then saw this and was like, wait a sec, Ive seen this b4, on digital pressm and the poster couldberare was like yeah that was me I posted it, lol ... awesomeness....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crom View Post
    I got to see this system today at the ccgc gta swap meet in brampton ontario, it was funny...

I was looking at a table of stuff then saw this and was like, wait a sec, Ive seen this b4, on digital pressm and the poster couldberare was like yeah that was me I posted it, lol ... awesomeness....
    I was at the meet but I completely missed the Intellivision, I just don't remember seeing it as I walked around everywhere. It was still a nice meet though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow, so another of these has finally turned up!

I'm the guy who started the other thread that kingpong mentioned. I found one of these "bone" Intellivisions at a thrift store in Orange County, CA. I found it with a small stack of Inty games and a T-card that contained a very early, preproduction version of Frog Bog called simply "Frogs".

Luckily I am a friend of Intvman, who has a HUGE Inty collection and is quite the expert (he sets up the Intellivision CGE Museum section every year). He'd never seen one of these before. He opened up the console and found out that it had production internals. So internally, anyway, it's not a prototype. The board hails from 1979, which indicates it was produced quite early in Intellivision's lifetime. The Frogs proto board came from around the same time. Intvman has examined dozens of T-cards and Frogs was one of the earliest he'd seen.

Unfortunately I have misplaced the photos I took of my bone Intellivision, but it was displayed at Classic Gaming Expo 2007. I found a photo of it here (in the pic, it's below the Music Synthesizer box and above the Parker Bros. proto boxes). You can see that it looks pretty much the same as couldberare's, except mine had brown controllers and power/reset switches rather than bone-colored ones.

At CGE, we showed it to Keith Robinson of the Blue Sky Rangers. He'd never seen it either. His best guess was that it was an early console model used for marketing purposes. In those days, console manufacturers shopped their machines around to retailers like Sears and offered them the chance to "brand" the hardware if they wanted. Hence we ended up with the "Tele-Games" machines that have different names and slightly different designs. Keith's thought was that these consoles were as vanilla as possible to make it easier for Sears (or whomever) to suggest their own hardware designs. But even then, it's only a guess.

Incidentally, Intvman owns my console now, so it'll probably turn up at the next CGE Museum too.

Nice find! I think there are only 2 of these known so far...
    o2william's Found & Lost

The Odyssey˛ Homepage! - Visit it for Sync-Sound Action!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hey, o2william's back! I was wondering what happened to you.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jorpho View Post
    Hey, o2william's back! I was wondering what happened to you.
    Hey, Jorpho! Nothing in particular has happened to me other than getting distracted with Real Life(TM). I tend to disappear from the 'Net when that happens, but eventually I always end up coming back to my favorite haunts, such as DP.
    o2william's Found & Lost

The Odyssey˛ Homepage! - Visit it for Sync-Sound Action!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Looking for some other pictures on an old PC I found these pictures from o2william's thread in 2004 that I linked to previously.