Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    D2ME
    PSN
    D2ME

Default Ghostbusters: The Video Game

Is anyone else really pumped for this game? Personally I can't wait as I love the two movies and this one looks really good. I reserved my copy way back in the Summer but my local GameCrazy closed down, so I have to get it somewhere else.

Discuss

Wii: 7782-6113-4774-2333
    Teh Pwn Shop! - YouTube - Twitter

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

To be honest, I was disappointed when I saw a screenshot the other day. I'm not sure that the cartoony art style fits what I had in mind, as I was hoping that they would go for realism. Since some of the real actors are supporting the project, I would much rather have seen them recreated in 3D.

I'm actually more interested in seeing how well it does, commercially. What's the target audience? If it's the original fans, then they might have a good level of success. I can't really say the same for the younger generation... They didn't grow up with Slimer adorning their Hi-C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    icarusX360
    PSN
    titanzguard

I agree with the above post. I had my heart set on this game but the more screens I see of it, the more I am thinking this may be a wait and see type of game. I really hope we get a demo so I can try it out first.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I was interested until I found out who the developers were.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by NayusDante View Post
    To be honest, I was disappointed when I saw a screenshot the other day. I'm not sure that the cartoony art style fits what I had in mind, as I was hoping that they would go for realism. Since some of the real actors are supporting the project, I would much rather have seen them recreated in 3D.

I'm actually more interested in seeing how well it does, commercially. What's the target audience? If it's the original fans, then they might have a good level of success. I can't really say the same for the younger generation... They didn't grow up with Slimer adorning their Hi-C.
    You do realize there are multiple versions of this game right? Here is the 360 version:

Wii:

#vbender

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

That and those of us who watched the movies. The second movie kindof sucked compared to the original though(I still liked it because it was Ghostbusters.) I also watched the original Ghostbusters cartoon, back when most cartoons were worth watching.

I'll probably pick the game up, but won't be going for the Wii version. Great graphics, but no thanks on the super deformed characters. Anyways. Sad to say that while I would like to support them, I'm most likely going to also pick it up once a price drop to about 19.99 takes place as it's not really top priority to me, especially with a few games I really want to get coming out in the next couple months.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 04-14-2009 at 05:06 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Strawberry (Level 2) Arcade_Ness's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll adapt the wait and see approach. I grew up with Ghostbusters as a kid. Loved the movies and cartoon show, had the toys, and yes even the Slimer Hi-C(which was delicious). So I'm excited about the game being out there, just worried whether it turns out to be good or not.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GrandAmChandler View Post
    That's what I was expecting. I guess this means I'm looking forward to it now...

It's hard for me to explain my feelings on doing two art styles. While it's true that the cartoonish characters will appeal more the the mainstream Wii audience, I can't see them specifically appealing to Ghostbusters fans. Are they expecting this version to sell more, or is it going to be a shovelware counterpart? I honestly thought that we left the days of "every-platform, not the same game" development with Game Boy Color.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I honestly thought that we left the days of "every-platform, not the same game" development with Game Boy Color.
    From what history has told us usually it goes like this:

A version for 360/PS3
    A version for PS2/PSP/Wii
    A version for DS

-GAC-
    #vbender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Also I believe there are three different developers working on this title, which should explain the three different versions. You have PS3/360, Wii/PS2, and DS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sonicwolf359

This is going to be another Spore, I think. Overhyped and underwhelming.
    DERP

Apple (Level 5) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was in no danger of buying the Wii version anyway, but judging by those above screenshots, there's just no contest.

Strawberry (Level 2) Arcade_Ness's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Damn has anyone seen the new intro trailer? I'm looking forward to it now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow. I'd never seen the 360 shots until now (I only have a Wii so I don't research the 360). I can't believe the difference! I was kind of excited about this offering for the Wii until I saw how superior the graphics are on the 360. Now I feel dismayed by it all. I guess if the controls are really good then I may be interested in it, but will wait and see and probably get it when the price lowers. I LOVED the original movie and cartoon...kinda liked the second one (the best part was the NES Advantage used to control the Statue of Liberty). It's weird, but now that I know this isn't a Wii exclusive title I feel a little jipped.
    Your ad here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draven View Post
    Wow. I'd never seen the 360 shots until now (I only have a Wii so I don't research the 360). I can't believe the difference! I was kind of excited about this offering for the Wii until I saw how superior the graphics are on the 360. Now I feel dismayed by it all. I guess if the controls are really good then I may be interested in it, but will wait and see and probably get it when the price lowers. I LOVED the original movie and cartoon...kinda liked the second one (the best part was the NES Advantage used to control the Statue of Liberty). It's weird, but now that I know this isn't a Wii exclusive title I feel a little jipped.
    Yeah, as fun as the Wii is, if there is a multi-platform game coming out the Wii version will inevitably be the worst version. They always have downgraded graphics, clunky controls, and some cheap gimmick with the Wiimote...
    The Monarch: Hey, guess what? Nobody cares who would win in a crazy fantasy fist-fight between Anne Frank and Lizzie Borden. We never should have brought the henchmen. We're going to be the only ones there with henchmen!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47835

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

Quote Originally Posted by optic_85 View Post
    Yeah, as fun as the Wii is, if there is a multi-platform game coming out the Wii version will inevitably be the worst version. They always have downgraded graphics, clunky controls, and some cheap gimmick with the Wiimote...
    That is true, but the difference is astounding. The 360 screens, if they are in-game, and I think they are, are pretty amazing. Looks just like the movies. The Wii/PS2 shots are pretty lame. Why is it they can't take the 360/PS3 versions and just downscale the graphics? One thing that disappoints me is that you don't get to play as the original Ghostbusters in any version, it seems.
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK