Thread: Introducing Retro Gaming Addict! Ebay sales of old school games and hardware!

Insert Coin (Level 0) BelPowerslave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Belpowerslave

Default Introducing Retro Gaming Addict! Ebay sales of old school games and hardware!

'ello all,

A buddy of mine and I have started up an online retro video game store(of sorts). Right now we're just doing plain listings on ebay, but will graduate to a full blown site and possibly an ebay store. Anyway, our first listings are up and running, so take a look if you're interested!

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/retrog...Q_fromZQQ_mdoZ

This is just our first wave of listings...coming soon are new in box(sealed) NES, SNES, Genesis, PS2, PSX, Nintendo DS and Gamecube games. Plus we'll be listing hardware like a SuperGrafx(in box!), Pioneer Laser MD(with Sega Pac) and three "games", SNES, Genesis and more!

Most of the stock comes from my partner, and resides now in my apt...and I've gotta tell you: It's incredible. I've never seen a collection of stuff like this before. I'm playing systems I've only ever *read* about! All of it will hit ebay, ALL OF IT! Our next wave of listings starts Sunday...hope to see you there.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via ebay, my personal email(on WAG) or here on the forums.

Thanks,

Bel
    Last edited by BelPowerslave; 04-30-2009 at 01:54 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JanLazer

Dang..Got my hopes up and you don't ship to Canada. Great listings though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Belpowerslave

We *do* ship to Canada! It's in our "policies" down at the bottom:

"8. We will only ship Internationally via *UPS*. If you want something mailed outside of the Continental US, please contact us for pricing BEFORE you bid."

We do that instead of offering the International shipping via the ebay form so that people will be aware of the cost, before bidding.

So, like I said, just message us for a quote and we'll get you one...if you're cool with the cost, we'll ship it to Canada(or anywhere else in the world).

Bel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JanLazer

ah ha..Gotcha. My bad. I just saved you in my sellers on ebay.com, then hopped over to ebay.ca so I can have the prices translated into Canadian coinage and Monopoly-colored folding money. *Sheepish grin*..In that case...BACK to your items..lol.

Really sorry about that.

PMed on the 'bay!
    Last edited by JanLazer; 04-22-2009 at 02:03 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Belpowerslave

Not a problem, not a problem at all. My partner handles the actual shipping quotes and whatnot, and he's out buying another lot of Dreamcast stuff as we speak, so he'll get you a quote as soon as he gets back(I'll remind him).

Bel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JanLazer

And if you snag some Master System stuff, you'll get a regular customer outta me too. lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Belpowerslave

We have some SMS stuff coming(all complete too, I believe), but that's probably one of the systems we don't have a whole lot from(unfortunately). I'm hoping we run in to some SMS stock pretty soon...and that Ninja Gaiden is one of the games in it(it'll never make it to auction!!!).

Bel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JanLazer View Post
    And if you snag some Master System stuff, you'll get a regular customer outta me too. lol.
    My SMS lot just sold...last week and it's on it's way to Calgary,Alberta as we speak. One of my systems and 43 games. It would've been great if you could've bought it. Those were the remaing of my doubles though that I bought package deals years ago. Good luck to you and hopefully you'll find some SMS goodness. I owned about 200 SMS games.

The Best Fighter in HISTORY!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Belpowerslave

Finally got the website up and running(my partner jumped the gun and started the listings on Tuesday instead of Sunday, as we had originally planned). It's quite basic, but gives you a quick overview of everything we've got up and then allows you to look at larger pics of the items and hear some inane commentary by myself and the guys...

http://www.retrogamingaddict.com/

Stop on by if you get bored.

Bel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Belpowerslave

Our second wave of auctions have been listed. This time around we've got some clone systems like the "Generation Nex"(a hip, little NES clone), the "Yobo FC Twin"(NES and SNES), a few GameCube(one being the Metroid Edition) and GameBoy Advance lots(one with the card version of Mario Party). Games include the 4 game version of the Zelda CE disc, Resident Evil 3(DC) and another copy of the cult-classic "D2"(DC).

If you have any questions, feel free to contact us via ebay or on our site.

Bel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Belpowerslave

Our third wave of auctions has been listed. This time around we've got some new in box(sealed) games from the Genesis, Sega CD and GameCube. We've also got three system packages: One for the Genesis(with 15 boxes games), one for the Genesis and Sega CD(with *40* games) and one for the SNES 2(with 26 games). Past that we've got some odds and ends from the Genesis and SNES, another copy of the Zelda:CE GameCube disc(4 Zelda games, 1 disc) and a "Fighter" pack for the Xbox(comes with Marvel vs Capcom 2, Capcom vs SNK EO and the Gamester Arcade Stick).

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via ebay, my personal email, on RGA or here on the forums.

Bel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Belpowerslave

Third Wave Redux - Just now recovering from the "Hacked ebay Account Experience", we've finally managed to get back in to our account and relist the items of the third wave...which was just *one* day away from finishing when all of this happened. Please see the post above for a quick run down on what's available, or visit us at RGA.com for more info. If you were bidding on an item when it was taken down, we apologize and encourage you to come on back.

Our next wave will consist of nothing but system lots! Complete systems(boxes, manuals, etc) will be packed with games, accessories and more in an effort to keep my girlfriend from walking out on me due to the fact that there is approximately six feet of space in my entire apt that one can move around in at any given time. These systems have got to go...even my cat is complaining! Look for units of N64, SuperGrafx, Pioneer Laser Active(with Sega Pac), Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Game Gear(Blue), Sega Master System, Dreamcast and more in just one week's time.

Bel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Belpowerslave

'ello all,

As previously promised, our fourth wave of auctions are dedicate to system lots! My apt is an absolute disgrace, looks like someone set off a bomb composed entirely of video game hardware and software....with that said, it's time to get some of this inventory moving before my cat and girlfriend walk out on me! This week we've got system packages for the Genesis, SNES, Japanese and US Saturn, Pioneer LaserActive, Game Gear, Dreamcast, NES and more! We've got a Netlink, PC and Mac games, The Official Nintendo Player's Guide, a Radica Arcade Legends unit and just about everything else in between....stop on by and have a look:

As always, if you have any questions please feel free to contact us via ebay, my personal email, on RGA or here on the forums.

Bel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Belpowerslave

Alright, now that I have some room to actually breath, Wave 5 has started. This week we're taking a bit of a break and offering mostly single games. We've got some brand new(sealed) stuff on the Genesis, GameBoy Advance, Sega CD and Nintendo 64...and then some classics on the Sega Master System, Genesis and Dreamcast. Rounding it out is Zelda: Twilight Princess with the Premiere Edition Strategy Guide, the always-popular "Memory Card Plus" for the Saturn and the *amazing* Guardian Heroes(with multi-tap)!

Like always, if you have any questions please feel free to contact us via ebay, my personal email, on RGA or here on the forums.

Bel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Belpowerslave

'ello all,

After a looooooooong hiatus, Wang has decided to start up Retro Gaming Addict again! Doing things a bit differently than last time, he has decided to start using ebay's "Buy it Now or Best Offer" format. This means that virtually every item will be in non-auction format...and now, if you don't like the price, just offer up another!

I've been sent in to the depths of his garage and storage rooms to excavate the first batch of items we'll be listing...it was quite a trip. Though I haven't even remotely gotten it all up, there are around 30+ items available right now(there were around 40 earlier this week, but they've been going pretty quick)...and more are coming when I get back on Monday.

Up and running are a nice selection of complete games from the N64, SNES, Genesis and Dreamcast. He's also got a crapload of *Brand New* Halo 2: LE games for those trying to get in on Bungie's Halo Wake being held next month(at the end of Xbox Live 1.0). To go with all the games, he's also got some hardware...from a boxed Platinum GameBoy SP to a, get ready for it, Goldstar 3DO and more. Rounding it all out are some oddities like a few games for the CDi, a Master System Control Stick and a Saturn NetLink(to name a few).

More is coming...he's loaded me up with an unbelievable amount of games for the SNES, NES, GameBoy and Game Gear(and some hardware to go with it), it just takes some time for me to test, clean and list everything.

Though the site is still pretty sparse, I am going to try to get to that next week as well. With this new selling format, Wang is playing with some ideas for the site to add to it. We'll keep you posted.

As always, if you have any questions about an item, shipping or whatever...just shoot us a message on ebay, here on the forums or via email(on the site).

Wish me luck, I'm heading back in to the depths of the Lost Temple of Gaming Goodness...

http://retrogamingaddict.com/rgaindex.htm

http://myworld.ebay.com/retrogamingaddict

Bel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BelPowerslave View Post
    Hate to be a dick, especially since I like what you're doing here, but...
    Pet hair is one of my biggest annoyances with buying (otherwise clean) used games.
    Having games laid out across a hairy animal is a clear sign that I'll be shopping elsewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Belpowerslave

Well, and I'm not exactly sure what kind of animals you're used to dealing with, but it's important to note that we don't sit there and shear the animals over the games or anything.

I mean, I understand what you're saying...and if we can't help you out, I apologize about that, but I just think that you may be putting too much in to what you assume is going on over here versus what actually is. They're just fun photos I take, sometimes with stock that is my own...sometimes with stock that we are selling. I've yet to have anyone return an item for being "too hairy".

Again, sorry we couldn't help you out.

Bel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Belpowerslave

Alright boys and...well, boys, time for another update!

Thai has cracked the whip and I have managed to get a whopping *80* items listed for you guys this time around! What a selection it is, too...here we go:

We've got boxed N64, Super Nintendo, GameBoy, Dreamcast, Saturn, Game Gear and Playstation units waiting for you. I finally managed to come upon one of Thai's boxes of...well, boxes, so now we've got boxed N64 and SNES games, along with with a lot of cart-only stuff. We've got collections like 17 Game Gear games, the SNES Cartoon Pack, N64 Sports, the Donkey Kong, Mario and Zelda Trilogies.

Be sure to check out the oddities like a TMNT Jamma board, TurboGrafx Carrying Case, Metal Gear Solid Big Box Version and more. We still have Halo 2: LE, new and sealed, for those looking to get in on the Bungie Halo Wake coming up next month on the 15th.

Though I've still yet to get back to working on the RGA site, I have managed to find a way for people to keep up with RGA's auctions via Twitter. We post every auction to Twitter, immediately after it's listed so you'll never miss a listing!

All of this, and more can be found by visiting our website, our Twitter account or our ebay account itself.

As always, I would like to thank the moderators of the forum for allowing us to make these posts and help spread retro gaming goodness to all those who may read it.

http://twitter.com/RetroGamingAdct

Feel free to contact us with any questions here on these forums, on our website or via ebay's messaging service.

Bel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Belpowerslave

Alright ya'll, it's "Lot Week" at RGA. All week long Thai has been putting together some tasty system lots...then cracking the whip and making me list them all! Here's what we've got:

1. Atari 2600 Lot with 109 games - I was with Thai when he picked this up. In incredible condition, has some rare games in there(Sword Quest, etc) but the best thing about it: The Atari Force comics!

2. Sega Master System with box and 8 games - Good stuff, and in really good condition.

3. Commodore 64 and 50+ games - I remember seeing this in one of the rooms in Thai's house, I guess he actually decided to sell it! Insane!

4. Sega Genesis/CD Lot with 54 Boxed games - Most complete too!

5. Sega Genesis/CD Lot with 30(mixed) games - Has the box for the SCD2 unit.

6. TurbGrafx 16 with 4 controllers and 17 games - Comes with the TurboTap.

7. Jaguar with CD and 16 games - Comes with that "Memory Track" cart and even some complete titles!

8. Sega Genesis/CD/32X with 34 games - Lots of complete 32X games in this one!

9. Super Nintendo system with 55 games - Man, the sheer amount of titles!

Past that we've got quite a bit of immaculate(and complete) PSX stock, some PC titles and other wild stuff.

We've started up a Twitter account, to which we post all listings immediately on...as well as a YouTube account to show off some of the stock. Feel free to stop on by!

Retro Gaming Addict:

RGA Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/RetroGamingAdct

RGA Auctions:

RGA YouTube:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/RetroGamingAddict

As always, if you have any questions about anything just shoot them to us via this board, our email on the site or via the messaging service on ebay.

Thanks again to the mods of this board for continuously allowing us to update ya'll with whatever it is we've got going.

Bel

PS: I'm currently working on trying to get the Lynx lot up and running(a lot of people had been asking about that)!