Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Famicom bootleg cart

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Famicom bootleg cart

I've got a famicom bootleg cart. No idea what it is, and I don't have a famicom or honeybee to try it. There are pictures of 8 games on the label, so I'm assuming it's some kind of 8-in-1 cart?

Anyone know more about it? What's it worth? Anyone want it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

$5.00 tops. Random Famicom bootlegs aren't worth much, the converters usually carry more value - which isn't much. Always curious to know what's on these however.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the info.

So.... anyone want a $5 famicom mystery cart?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tomwaits View Post
    Thanks for the info.

So.... anyone want a $5 famicom mystery cart?
    I'm gonna sound like a suspicious asshole but I'll buy it. I have a strange fascination with this stuff and then sharing the results. In a couple weeks I'm going to do a couple video overviews of some Famicom multicarts and I'd like to include this one. Shoot me a PM, I'm good with PayPal or a Money Order. I'm going to be leaving for the weekend in about six hours though so I'd like to get you your money before then.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i have a Fami bootleg. Mine is of Goonies 1
    YouTube: MasonSushi---- http://www.youtube.com/user/masonsushi
    NintendoAge: MasonSushi
    Licensed NES- Complete....32X Complete
    N64- Complete....Master System (CIB)- 8 left
    TG-16 Hu - Complete

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey insane david after your done with it want to sell it? Id like to have my first ever fami cart be something wierd.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gokugohandave View Post
    Hey insane david after your done with it want to sell it? Id like to have my first ever fami cart be something wierd.
    If I do end up obtaining it and it's a duplicate (which is always more than likely with these), I'd have no problem selling it for exactly what I paid for it or less.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Someone else PM'd first and it's gone. Sorry.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tomwaits View Post
    Someone else PM'd first and it's gone. Sorry.
    No problem.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would not be quick to say it's only worth $5, but looks like it's too late now anyway. It all comes down to what games are actually on the cart. Hacks and HK Originals are worth quite a bit more than $5, whereas just a bunch of famicom games shoved on a cart aren't. People who buy pirate games tend to either want a whole ton on one cart or unusually stuff. Since you couldn't tell what was on the cart, and since it's sold already, the point is kinda moot in this case. But it's still a valid point in general.
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Arrived today and while I don't have time to go through game for game right now, here's a quick look at what's on it.

The label gives away no clues. You have the Street Fighter II' cast and a bunch of early releases around them. I spot Duck Hunt, Hogans Alley, Wild Gunman, Galaxian, Sky Destroyer, Great Tank (which is more than likely going to be Battle City.. ugh, don't we all hate this game since it's on like every multicart at least five times?)... seems like this could be mainly shooting games.

Let's pop it into my trusty Twin Famicom...

"Digimon Adventure 128 in 1" huh? At this point I'm starting to think it'll be a few games with sprites replaced. To the menu...

Yup, that's what it looks like. Granted I didn't go through every game but for the most part the cartridge contains games you'd expect to find on a standard pirate multicart. Stuff like Road Fighter, Battle City (told ya), Super Mario Bros., Lode Runner, early Famicom games and the like.

Contra is the USA release with a stage select on the title screen. Aladdin 3 is that Hong Kong flying carpet game that shows up on a lot of these carts, sometimes called 1001 Nights, this one...

Now all those "Digimon" games seem to be what's interesting here. So let's try them out.

"Digimon Veemon" is Mario Bros. with a Telletubby or something replacing Mario...

And honestly that's the only one there's any effort with. "Digimon Agumon" is Donkey Kong - just straight Donkey Kong. One of them is straight Mappy. One of them is Warpman. Of course as pirate carts go most of the title screen graphics are missing. "Toy Story 2" is straight Donkey Kong Jr. "Pokemon" is Nuts & Milk with Pikachu sprites, which is decent...

Later in the cartridge most of the games are just sprite changes, like this one that is Bomberman with a sprite from Nuts & Milk...

I'm pretty sure that was one of the "Digimon" games.

However there are some decent, albeit fast, reworks. Kitty is Dig Dug with Hello Kitty in place of Hori Taizo...

Nothing to write home about and nothing really original. The later half of the game list repeats itself about 80 games in so it's probably more around 65 in 1 or so.

I'll have more information once I get around to cataloging all these and bringing my old catalogs into one place. My estimation of value still stands.

Insert Coin (Level 0) WSUCougars's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mobiusclimber View Post
    I would not be quick to say it's only worth $5, but looks like it's too late now anyway. It all comes down to what games are actually on the cart. Hacks and HK Originals are worth quite a bit more than $5, whereas just a bunch of famicom games shoved on a cart aren't. People who buy pirate games tend to either want a whole ton on one cart or unusually stuff. Since you couldn't tell what was on the cart, and since it's sold already, the point is kinda moot in this case. But it's still a valid point in general.
    I apologize in advance if this counts as hijacking a thread, but figured since you folks are already discussing pirate famicom carts that it didn't make sense to start a new one. I picked up a small stash of these a couple of years ago, and while most of them just have the usual suspects (SMB, Excitebike, Kung Fu, etc) there is one which is a compilation of 4 games from the "Kunio-Kun" series: the game which became River City Ransom in the US, a soccer game (which I'm assuming became Nintendo World Cup), a sort of "Track & Field" athletic competition, and a basketball game which plays just like Super Dodge Ball. Just out of curiosity, what would a cart like this be worth (if anyone happens to know)?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WSUCougars View Post
    there is one which is a compilation of 4 games from the "Kunio-Kun" series: the game which became River City Ransom in the US, a soccer game (which I'm assuming became Nintendo World Cup), a sort of "Track & Field" athletic competition, and a basketball game which plays just like Super Dodge Ball. Just out of curiosity, what would a cart like this be worth (if anyone happens to know)?
    $20 - $25 is what I've seen them go for. I've considered paying that but with pirate multicarts there's always the danger of cheap parts failing that hangs over my head before the purchase. I've had that happen with really cool Game Boy Color multicarts that eventually simply died.

Insert Coin (Level 0) WSUCougars's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDavid View Post
    $20 - $25 is what I've seen them go for. I've considered paying that but with pirate multicarts there's always the danger of cheap parts failing that hangs over my head before the purchase. I've had that happen with really cool Game Boy Color multicarts that eventually simply died.
    Thanks for the insight. And certainly worth picking up if you happen to find one at a decent price. The basketball game (which I don't believe was ever released in the US?) is insane!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I just found a Famicom multicart in my junk, and it sounds a lot like the one you have. I haven't put out the effort to hook up a Super Joy III to try it out, since I know I'll be disappointed. Mine seems to have Road Fighter (what a shock!), Aladdin, Pokemon, TMNT: Return of Shredder, a picture of Adventure Island with 'Antarctic Adventure' written underneath, and a picture of Galaxian with 'Galaga' under it. Oh, and of course, there's a picture of Street Fighter on the cover too.

I wonder why nobody in China ever decided to make a multicart of nothing but RPGs, since those are so big in Asia. Put a good memory mapper in a cart and dump all the best RPGs onto one cartridge. Too bad it'll never happen.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    I just found a Famicom multicart in my junk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I picked it up at a flea market or something and tossed it into a big junk box of stuff I plan on getting around to looking at whenever I bother to. Nothin' dirty here involving 'my junk'.

I dug up another one that came out of one of those keyboard shaped Famiclones. It's titled ENGLISH 36 IN 1 and has such gripping game names like Finger Game 1, Match-Pic, Calculate Board, Message Board, Architecture, Mappy (since when is this game educational?) and G-Basic. Strangely enough, the cartridge is also in the shape of an N64 cart.

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd just like to say that my "Super Fun Happy Joy Joy Power Player III" or whatever the heck they call it has those exact same hacks on it, InsaneDavid. The only difference is that it has what's supposed to be Woody from Toy Story hacked into Bomberman instead of Nuts & Milk. The title screen is almost the same except it's a different X in 1 and it has difference pictures at the title screen. What I mean to say is that mine has 6 pictures in the same arrangement as yours and it has "whatever-in-one" in big red text in the same font. It also has a white background at startup, too.

I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but I have two Power Player systems. One has those romhacks on it and the other one has just NES games. Has anyone tried to document all of the Power Player revisions?
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ryaan1234 View Post
    Has anyone tried to document all of the Power Player revisions?
    As far as listing all the Famiclones out there, a few websites have accepted the challenge. But none of them have a full list, since there's been so many variations pouring out of China in the last decade alone.

China is producing a home computer for developing countries, and from the description it sounds suspiciously like a Famiclone slutted up to be something it shouldn't.
    http://www.engadget.com/2009/03/30/8...brewing-needs/
    Last edited by Steve W; 05-05-2009 at 08:59 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ryaan1234 View Post
    I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but I have two Power Player systems. One has those romhacks on it and the other one has just NES games. Has anyone tried to document all of the Power Player revisions?
    I was going to attempt it at one time and gave up after a few. There are simply so many revisions of the same stuff it became not worth it to me. Instead I've decided to simply catalog what cartridges I have and stay away from the built in games in Famiclones.
    Last edited by InsaneDavid; 05-05-2009 at 09:16 PM.