Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Your Favorite Worthless Items in Your Collection?

Insert Coin (Level 0) Red Baron's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Plenty of things.

While not worthless, I still have a large collection of Nintendo Power magazines, which I still thumb through every now and then.. A lot were ones I I had from my subscriptions, but also a fair amount I later E-bayed.. Most of them in the issue #1-130ish range. I plan to try and make a complete collection of 1-100 someday.

Also, plenty of misc similiar guides, such as the old NES TOP SECRET guide, and the one for the Super Game Boy and SNES, and various players guides and instruction manuals, some for games I don't even own.

I also have a couple of those VHS tapes that Nintendo Power sent out, which I remember a few being particularly goofy. (One of them was for SF64, with a Sega and Sony guy torturing a Mario doll to get a dude to talk about SF and how great of a game it was. "THE RUMBLE PACK!")

Getting into the stuff that's actually closer to worthless, I also have a lot of paperwork and things that came with my various systems and games.. Very worthless since people want boxes rather than(or with) that stuff, but I keep them anyway.

I have a small Turok: Dinosaur Hunter poster that the folks at Hollywood Video gave me after they were done with it. (I think I might have gotten other things as well, but I don't remember..)

I also have a huge card-board standup with Lugia on it.. It was at a Pokemon card game convention, they were going to toss it afterwards so I took it. (I also bought one of the Pokemon labcoats the staff were wearing since they sold those after, lulz.)

Also, one of the odder things I have.. Way back when, there was a website that was one of the first/only to have this massive section dedicated to the Death Mountain Descent glitches in LttP, with screenshot tutorials. It was very fascinating stuff, and my first brush with truly involved gaming glitches, and to help me in using them since my computer and SNES were in different rooms, I printed the whole damn thing out.

I had an ancient printer, so they were in black and white and very faded looking even when they were new, but nonetheless I loved having that massive stack of pages. The site later went down, but the glitches spread nonetheless, and to this day I still have them in a folder somewhere, although a bunch of pages are missing.

Insert Coin (Level 0) ConsoleAddict's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Before Issue #1 of the Official Xbox Magazine, the EBs in my city were handing out these OXM pamphlets which were kind of a preview of what we could expect from them. Mike Salmon's opening editorial spoke of promise, the promise that OXM wouldn't be like other magazines. This was the guy who was the EIC of PC Accelerator and many people thought it was the coolest magazine for its time. I thought we would get a magazine just like PC Accelerator for the expected "older gamer" that Microsoft was catering to.

Well, we didn't get that.

However, I still have that pamphlet in my collection and I read it on occasion to relive those broken promises.

Good news was that XBN was that Xbox magazine that I expected OXM to be but not having a demo disc led it to its untimely demise a few years later while OXM still taunts me from any book store shelf it's on.

Insert Coin (Level 0) dnehthend's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a bag of Cube Club goodies, Pikmin and Gamecube temp tattoos, foam Gamecube cube puzzles, stickers, and dvds of video previews in gamecube style sleeves

not worth anything im sure but fun to think about being excited about something that is old news now

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Probably some of my NP magazines, some of which date back as far as 1989 (A year or two after they were in print). I've got plenty of ones around the SNES/N64 era and plenty that are 5 or 6 years old. I still subscribe so I have the newest issues. Also,an NP video preview DVD (which could become rare, since you had to get NP at the time). I also recorded the Charles Martinet prerecording from Gamestop that would call you if you pre-ordered NSMB Wii.

Professional Geek Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hmmm. I've got a Rival Schools standee; an ad for the PSone game featuring the character Tiffany on it. It's pretty cool and stands about 5 and 1/2 feet tall? It prominently features this character artwork on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Probably my Snes/N64/Gamestop/Sony vhs promo tapes. These are all pretty much worthless but I like keeping them. They were the method in which companies showed off demo plays until cds became standard.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sabz5150

My wall candy... I have the three Swordquest contest posters, the Defend Atlantis contest entry form, a couple of game catalogs from the Atari days and the Supercharger ad. Have 'em all framed too Worth a few bucks at most, but still some of the things that get the most attention down here.
    Wants:
    Starflight Starmap and Code Wheel
    Starflight II Starmap
    Got these for sale or trade? PM ME!!!