Thread: Best first person shooter game coming for wii???

Insert Coin (Level 0) UMDcase102's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Best first person shooter game coming for wii???

I've had some freinds telling me that the wii is coming out with an awsome first person shooter game and I hav'nt got a name out of all of this. It's built from the ground up and only for the wii i guess idk thats why i am asking.
    "Rare Does not always mean desired, ITs rare i crap my pants but i do not desire it"

Strawberry (Level 2) JunkTheMagicDragon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    shaftinator84

must be thinking of the conduit.

i'm still skeptical, but it could surprise me. i like that the devs are making the controls customizable (which should be standard on any game, imo). it's been made out to be the wii's graphical tour-de-force, but some of the screenshots looked decidedly last-gen. if it has tight controls that could make up for it though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Conduit looks like it will be, well, all right. Nothing that should make a FPS fan run out and sell their gaming PC, though, or even their 360 or PS3. The graphics aren't that great and I haven't seen any startling new gameplay ideas in the previews, unless you count "playable FPS on the Wii." The designs of the aliens look a little generic to me, too.

But, some Nintendo fans have been hyping it as the Wii's "hardcore gaming" savior, for whatever reason.

It will also be interesting to see if the "Halo is the suxxorz" crowd embraces Conduit, and how they rationalize it if they do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was watching a load of videos of the Conduit the other day. It looks decidedly unexciting. You never know, of course, but I won't be holding my breath.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shopkins View Post
    I haven't seen any startling new gameplay ideas in the previews, unless you count "playable FPS on the Wii."
    Since Metroid Prime, FPS games have gotten better on the Wii. at least mechanically. I played through Call of Duty: World at War, and the control was just fine.

Anyway, count me in the underwhelmed camp. The game doesn't look like anything special to me - just yet another sci-fi FPS...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm pretty pumped about it. 'Bout time the Wii got a good FPS and another adult-targeted title. I'll probably get it as soon as it comes out. It may be just another Perfect Dark knock-off, but that's alright with me! I'm a little put off by the hype camp, but I don't doubt it will be the best FPS on the system (pretty much wins by default, though). Haven't played Prime 3 yet, but I'm looking forward to picking that one up, too. I guess only time will tell. At least they're not rushing it. The game looks great so far and there's still a little time left for tweaking before its released.
    Your ad here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

The Conduit looks incredibly uninspired and boring. There's a big write-up about it in the latest Game Informer. I can't even imagine the Nintendo Mafia getting worked up over this. If I want to play a good FPS, I'll play one on the 360 or PS3. No need for the Wii to pretend it's something it's not. The Wii is perfect for certain types of games...FPS's are not one of them. I'm OK with that.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm more looking forward to Timesplitters 4 then The Conduit. It just doesn't look that great right now. Although I might pick it up if it has some decent controls and a good multiplayer mode. I've been dying for a decent console FPS for when I have friends over.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think the Conduit looks good so far, especially for the Wii. It won't revolutionize fps games or make Halo fans jealous, but it's atleast looking like a decent Wii exclusive fps. With that and Red Steel 2 coming out, the Wii is atleast trying to cater to fps fans alittle bit.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm View Post
    The Wii is perfect for certain types of games...FPS's are not one of them. I'm OK with that.
    I actually really like the Wii for FPS games. I have a much easier time pointing the remote than moving a reticule with an analog stick. FPS is one of the few genres for which the Wii control is a big benefit. The only problem is, only a small handful of decent FPS games have come out for the Wii.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShawn
    Please highlight what a douche I am.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draven View Post
    'Bout time the Wii got a good FPS and another adult-targeted title.
    I've seen this opinion on other places... I don't get how people are thinking this is an "adult" title.

Not only has the content from day one been kept to a T level, but the gameplay, from what I've seen, doesn't offer anything new in the way of "mature" (as in sophistication).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Koch View Post
    Not only has the content from day one been kept to a T level, but the gameplay, from what I've seen, doesn't offer anything new in the way of "mature" (as in sophistication).
    Gosh, but you have to destroy enemy spawn points! Oh wait, no...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daltone View Post
    Gosh, but you have to destroy enemy spawn points!
    Unless they are wickedly evil enemy spawn points they are only getting a Teen rating.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    Unless they are wickedly evil enemy spawn points they are only getting a Teen rating.
    I hear that they are super evil, and that the existence of a device from which an infinite number of enemies spawn takes the game to a level of sophistication previously unheard of.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Conduit does look a little uninspired, but I'll still probably give it a shot. For me to enjoy a FPS it has to have a plot that pulls you in, and you can't get really that from screenshots and movies.

I'm not a big fan of Red Steel 2 going cell shaded, but I enjoyed the first game despite the control quirks so if #2 fixes those issues it should be a blast.

Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 controlled perfectly on Wii. The bonus online play and light gun mode make it a great package if you're not totally burned out on WW2 shooters. If that game had a unique theme and a little marketing it would have been a hit.
    If you can't do it with 8 bits, you don't need to do it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't know about anyone else, but I consider any game that allows you to shoot someone an adult-targeted title on the Wii and DS. These are the only systems I have this classification for since they're so kid-friendly. Pretty much anything that isn't cartoony or a mini-game. I consider Metroid Prime an adult-targeted title, despite the rating. Now if we're talking 360 it would have to have blood, violence, brief nudity, swearing, etc. to be considered adult-targeted. I love double-standards.
    Your ad here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

I love double-standards.
    That you create? Irony overload...

I don't know about anyone else, but I consider any game that allows you to shoot someone an adult-targeted title on the Wii and DS. These are the only systems I have this classification for since they're so kid-friendly. Pretty much anything that isn't cartoony or a mini-game. I consider Metroid Prime an adult-targeted title, despite the rating. Now if we're talking 360 it would have to have blood, violence, brief nudity, swearing, etc. to be considered adult-targeted.
    Not a flame or big deal. Just thought your post was unintentionally funny.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)