Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: May 2009 finds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default May 2009 finds

Its may first, and the april 2009 finds is still up so I decided to make a may 2009 finds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got all this for 25 dollars

elton john candle in the wind limited edition set SEALED with plaque
    predator (nes)
    bart vs the space mutants (nes)
    robowarrior(nes)
    spongebob supersponge sealed perfect condition!
    star wars
    lord of the rings
    need for speed
    starfox

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I also got all this

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Yesterday's finds:

The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy -- Omnibus Edition TPB - $2. I was looking at a table with books when I saw the infamous logo and I snatched up the book. Woo!

Mechwarrior II with the first expansion pack and netplay pack -- $4. I bought it to resell but it's probably not worth much, doh.

Men At Work: Business as Usual -- their debut album for a buck! Whee!
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Got my Timex Sinclair 1000 in the mail today, I'm gonna go get an AC adapter tomorrow.

Hopefully I'll get a new camera soon too, this one was bought in 2005 and has 3.2 MP!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tupin View Post
    Hopefully I'll get a new camera soon too, this one was bought in 2005 and has 3.2 MP!
    That's plenty of mega pixels. The problem isn't the quality of the picture, it's the user; it looks like camera is too close to the subject and it's hard for the camera to focus clearly. Also try using a little lighting in the environment to brighten it up. It also looks like it wasn't held steady enough.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Yeah, the camera is pretty hard to keep steady. Most cameras I've seen since I bought this one you can literally shake up and down with no motion blur, so I think it's time for a new one.

Oh, and I turned the flash off because it was way too bright with it on. You could barely see anything.

But yeah, still excited I got a T1000.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

More garage sale finds. First was a Genesis w/ some games. It doesn't really do much for me, and I wasn't going to buy it, but it wasn't priced. When I asked just out of curiousity, the guy ho hummed and then said 5-10. I said I'd take it for 5 and he agreed. Probably wouldn't have if it hadn't been in the nice storage bin.

That was early on. Went to a bunch more, but I must have been in the 'old people' part of town, because they were all sales w/ glassware, tacky figurines, and general old people crap. I almost passed on the last sale because all I could see was pink clothes, I did stop, though, and good thing! SNES w/ hookups, 2 cont, mouse & pad was $3. PS2 w/ hookups and controller (a/v cables were DOA, but PS2 works great) was also $3, with Simpson's game inside. SNES games were 50 cents each so I just took them all. Animal crossing is CIB w/ memory card for $2.

games are Disney's Goof Troop, The Lion King, Paperboy2, Claymates, Mario Paint, TMNT IV Turtles in Time, Super Adventure Island, Super Alfred Chicken,
    The Jetsons, Yoshi's Island, The Flintstones

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I picked this all up at a Garage sale this morning. I asked the woman there how much she wanted for the system and all the games. She didn't know so she yelled inside at her husband to ask how much he wanted, he replied with $30. When he said $30 she gave a look in horror and said that is way too much for something like this, then she asked me how much I was willing to spend. I said $20 and she accepted right away. I probably could have said $10 and she would accepted. Oh well, $20 is still really good for all this.

N64 system with expansion pak and all hookups
    2 controllers
    Memory card

Games:

Conkers Bad Fur Day
    Turok Rage Wars
    Zelda Majoras Mask
    Polaris Snocross
    Wipeout 64
    Ready 2 Rumble round 2
    Dr Mario
    Banjo Tooie
    Hercules

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    namzep
    Steam
    namzep

Picked up a few things at Gamestop tonight. The RC cars were $5.99 each (originally priced at $19.99). I also picked up Civilization Revolution (DS) - $14.99. I also stopped by Hastings and finally picked up a copy of Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN) for $17.99. I had been looking for this for awhile as only Players Choice copies seemed to be showing up and I really don't want to add many Player's Choice copies to Gamecube collection (currently only have 1).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Picked up another stack of 17 more original Xbox titles at Gamestop for about $40, thanks to the sale and my edge card.
    Got:

Fight Club
    Unreal Championship
    Unreal Championship 2
    Unreal II The Awakening
    Pro Race Driver
    Brute Force
    Outlaw Golf 2
    Defender
    Dragon Ball Z Sagas
    Quantum Redshift
    Xbox Music Mixer
    Gun
    Cold Fear
    Special Forces Nemesis Strike
    Mace Griffin Bounty Hunter
    Nightcaster
    Psi-Ops

And then the cashier let me snag manuals out of some cases to complete games I bought earlier, including Ace Combat 4, Animal Crossing, Nightmare Before Xmas, Dai Senryaku, X-Men Legends and Manhunt. Also grabbed one of those lenticular cards out of a copy of Dead or Alive Beach Volleyball.

They had like 12 copies of Castlevania for Xbox. What the heck is up with that? Is the Xbox version a shitty port?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I picked up Dragon Warrior 4, Super Metroid, Super Mario World for $5 each.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    namzep
    Steam
    namzep

A package came in today from ckendal. For a total of about $185 I received:

I also stopped by Walmart and picked up Mystery Case Files: Millionheir for $20. The other two games were picked up yesterday:

Insert Coin (Level 0) chrissylas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Unfortunately I don't have a picture but I just snagged 2 NES consoles (with all hookups), 58 games (including pretty much all of the popular games), 2 zappers and an advantage for $100. I already have most of them but I was able to trade out some rough looking games in my collection for the better looking ones.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I went to more garage sales, all of the sales sucked except for one,
    for 14$ I got all this (most of the games dont have the original cases and are in crap condition)
    jet moto 3 (ps1)
    tomb raider the last relevation (ps1)
    super puzzle fighter 2 turbo (ps1)
    urban chaos (ps1)
    duke nukem land of the babes (ps1)
    saga frontier 2 (ps1)
    metal gear solid the vr missions (ps1)
    resident evil survivor (ps1)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Today I wondered around the area and picked up a number of loose cart games:
    NES:
    Puzzle ($2)
    Solomon's Key ($2)
    Twin Cobra ($1)
    720 ($1)
    Dragon Warrior ($1)
    Ultima: Exodus ($1)
    Wall $treet Kid ($1)
    The Blues Brothers ($1)
    Life Force ($1)
    Deadly Towers ($1)
    Michael Andretti's World GP ($1)
    Bartman meets Radioactive Man ($2)
    Xevious ($1)
    Paperboy ($1)

SNES:
    Bust-A-Move ($3)
    Top Gear 3000 ($3)

GEN:
    Ecco Jr. ($.75)

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow [WS edition] (DVD - $3)

Yet another system I have Bust-A-Move for now. Also for how many games I picked up this may be the most rarity 5 grabs I've gotten from one haul/day.
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

Got 18 NES/SNES games for $15 at a yard sale, the notables being all 3 SMB games, mike tyson punch out, SFII, and a super gameboy.
    syberia CIB for PC 25 cents.
    a big bag of kid's pc games for $2 to sell to bookman's.
    and grandia III missing manual for $8.64 at super pawn.

Insert Coin (Level 0) chrissylas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I went out this afternoon and picked up a decent haul of Xbox and PS2 games. All of the games were complete an in good to excellent condition

PS2:
    Dragon Quest VIII -$3
    Final Fantasy X - $3
    Star Ocean: Til the End of Time - $3
    Dynasty Warriors 2 -$3
    Stretch Panic -$3
    Final Fantasy XI Online -$3
    Resident Evil Essentials - $15

Xbox:
    Painkiller -$4
    Syberia - $4
    Land of the Dead: Road to Fiddler's Green - $4
    Soul Calibur II - $4

Total came up to about $48 or so for the lot.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Yardsales 5-2-09

2 He-Man Figures - .20

2 He Man figures at .10 each, the green guy (Kobra Khan) is actually one of the cooler (if not the coolest!) He Man figures. I used to have him way back in the day and you can take his head off and fill him with water and press his head down to make him spray mist as I'm sure a few reading this will remember.

Diddy Kong Toy - .50

Found him in a box with 8 different action figures marked .50 each, 2 Donkey Kong Country toys and 6 Sonic toys. I offered $2 on the box and the lady countered with $3 so I just took Diddy for the IAP, I was going to take Funky Kong also but didn't bother since he had pen scribbled on his face, this was kind of funny since these toys really are worthless and the lady probably should have taken any offer a buck or over just to get rid of them :P

Playstation 2 Network Adaptor - $3

Retro Duo With 2 Controllers AC Adaptor & S-Video/Audio Video Thing Hook Up

Mappy Land
    Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!
    Spy Vs Spy

Madden 95
    NHL 94
    Super Mario All-Stars

$5

Found the Playstation 2 Network Adaptor marked $5 offered $3 which was taken NP, when I got home I saw that underneth the $5 in marker it's labed $10 in pen as if it was out at a yardsale in a previous year and didn't sell. I also got the Retro Duo at the same sale asked the kid about video games and he mentioned having a Nintendo with a few games at his place but couldn't leave until somebody else got back to watch the sale or something so I stopped back about an hour later and we went over to his place a few blocks away, he showed it to me and I offered $5 which he gladly accepted since he really didn't like the older games as he was telling me, said he got the system with a GameCube he bought a while back for $175 so you know it had to have been a while ago that he got the Cube

I actually needed Mappy Land for my collection ever since I just missed out one 3 years ago at the flea market when I saw someone else buying it and have been hoping to find it in the wild since I didn't want to resort to eBay since I probably wouldn't be able to get it for less then $4 shipped. It's funny how I have so many NES games yet I still find a game I don't have that's decent when I find a handful of games in the wild (like Ring King last year).

Non Find BS

I didn't find much and only actually got any video game stuff at one sale but it wasen't for a lack of effort I went to 40+ yardsales today and was out the door at 7:10 this morning and was out from then til noon with 2 small breaks so I probalby was hitting the pavement for about 4 hours total. A few sales said we sold a PS/GC/Xbox already and the GC stuff that went I was told was kids games nothing special (or almost surely nothing special), I also got 2-3 sales that mentioned still having a NES/SNES that they still use when asking for games. Surprisingly enough I've barely even seen any crap last gen stuff this year, the only last gen game I've seen this year at all at a yardsale was 1 PS2 sports game marked $5.

I only saw one sale today selling video games that could be considered "Retro" (by this I'm thinking older then last gen) This yard sale had a SNES & an N64 both with everything needed 2 controllers and about 9 games with each system. Only decent SNES stuff was SMW x2 and Areo The Acrobat, N64 Mario Tennis, Super Mario Kart 64 & Zelda: OoT. Both systems with games were marked $40. I went up and countered the $80 for both systems with an offer of $20. The lady said that this was her son's stuff and he just left for some reason but offered to call him. I think she though I was offering $20 for one of the systems and was told that the $40 was "firm" when she got off the phone. I asked about him lowing the price if they were sitting on it at the end of the day and she though maybe but judging by the phone call this guy/kid wasen't serious about getting rid of the stuff and would probably reluctantly let it go for $30 at best I was thinking so it didn't seem worth the trouble of driving back a town over later on since the IAP is about what it's worth on eBay and I have all mentioned games in my collection

Edit - I forgot to mention I saw some Imagine Babyz DS crap at a sale they were only asking $20 and I was thinking it was a great deal, or you could probably get the game cheaper sealed on eBay lol
    Last edited by FOnewearl; 05-02-2009 at 04:54 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    namzep
    Steam
    namzep

Stopped by Hastings to sell a few books and bought with the credit (total of about $35 for everything):