Mat Catz N64 fishing controller & Force Pack- $2

Game Boy Color & games - $6

InterAct PSone travel LCD screen & stuff - $10

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I bought a DS Lite AC adaptor at Gamestop for $10. It's the Gamestop branded cable. Basically a DS Lite USB charger cord with a wall outlet brick that it can plug into. Plus a GBA SP/DS adapter piece.

My DS Lite charger has a split in the cable covered with tape, so I thought it was time to replace it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    JCinc421

Drove an hour and a half out of my way to get to reach a city I heard had some great things to offer (game wise), here's how things turned out:

From Disc Replay:
    - Mischief Makers (N64; boxed) = $5.99
    - Breath of Fire (SNES; cart) = $12.99
    - NBA Jam TE (SNES;cart) = $3.99
    - Wario Land Super Mario Land 3 (GB; CIB) = $3.99
    - Super Mario Land 2 6 Golden Coins (GB; CIB) = $7.99
    - Donkey Kong Land (GB; yellow cart CIB) = $3.99
    - Stop That Roach! (GB; CIB!) = $8.99
    (all the GB games also have the clamshell cases just no cart holder inserts)
    - NiGHTS into Dreams... (Saturn; w/3D controller) = $16.99 (nice story to go along with this one, after purchasing I was taking a look at it to check contents and lo-and-behold the game is still sealed! and the controller still has the plastic and styrofoam on it!)

From McVan's
    - Shining the Holy Ark (Saturn, complete)
    - Dragon Force (Saturn, complete)
    TOTAL = $120 (I'm sure I could have got a better deal somwhere else but I'm way too impatient to wait to play games like these)

Strawberry (Level 2) icarwngs55's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FOnewearl View Post
    Diddy Kong Toy - .50

Found him in a box with 8 different action figures marked .50 each, 2 Donkey Kong Country toys and 6 Sonic toys. I offered $2 on the box and the lady countered with $3 so I just took Diddy for the IAP, I was going to take Funky Kong also but didn't bother since he had pen scribbled on his face, this was kind of funny since these toys really are worthless and the lady probably should have taken any offer a buck or over just to get rid of them :P
    Actually ANY nintendo ACTION FIGURE is worth a fair bit (as in compared to run of the mill flea market actions figures) So $3 for 8 figures was a great deal.

Mike

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by icarwngs55 View Post
    Actually ANY nintendo ACTION FIGURE is worth a fair bit (as in compared to run of the mill flea market actions figures) So $3 for 8 figures was a great deal.

Mike
    Yeah, but not so much if they're from fast food restaurants. I don't know if these were from either.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Went to the local store today and got an Atari 2600 AC adapter, Bases Loaded on the NES, and K.C Munchkin.

I also noticed a stack of boxed systems all the way up to the ceiling, including a boxed JVC X'Eye!

I was more interested in the boxed TurboGrafx-16, but he said he still had to catalog them all and that the X'Eye would not be sold.

Strawberry (Level 2) SEGA_Queen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Went to a couple of thrifts in town with my sister. The only thing I picked up was ziploc bag with the following 8 Dreamcast games in it (all disc only):

Ready to Rumble Boxing

Vigilante 8: 2nd Offense

Vanishing Point

Trick Style

Sonic Shuffle

WF Attitude

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six

Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX

Yeah, it's not the greatest selection. But for four bucks, I figured it was worth checking them out. All of the games work, except for Sonic Shuffle. But I already have a complete copy, so I don't care.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tubeway View Post
    Yeah, but not so much if they're from fast food restaurants. I don't know if these were from either.
    Tubeway! I CAP LOCKED ACTION FIGURE...not McDonald's toys...no need for correction. But thanks.

Mike

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Tubeway! I CAP LOCKED ACTION FIGURE...not McDonald's toys...no need for correction. But thanks.

Mike
    Defensive, much? Calm down, dude. An action figure is an action figure, regardless of where or how it was sold. Should I correct you on your use of the meaningless term "flea market action figure"? Is that a poseable replica of a flea market that you can use to battle strip mall action figures? I wasn't contradicting you, but rather, adding an exception for particular toys.
    Last edited by tubeway; 05-02-2009 at 08:15 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Defensive, much? Calm down, dude. An action figure is an action figure, regardless of where or how it was sold. Should I correct you on your use of the meaningless term "flea market action figure"? Is that a poseable replica of a flea market that you can use to battle strip mall action figures?
    Well thanks young man. I am perfectly calm. I was just stating that correcting me was unnecessary. And no, I do not consider a toy from McDonalds to be an action figure; McDonalds has never sold an official action figure to my knowledge.

My term "flea market action figure" (for lack of a better way to express it) was my attempt to say that if you were digging through a bin of X-Men and Power Rangers at a FLEA MARKET, a Nintendo ACTION FIGURE should stand out. As Nintendo ACTION FIGURES and NOT McDonalds' toys, are increasingly valuable.

Sorry for any confusion and I apologize to the rest of the Digital Press community for having to read this nonsense. I hate it as much as the next person when grievances are aired in the forums.

Thanks,
    Mike

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    PentiumMMX

Passed up local garage sales this morning (There wasn't anything of interest) to hit the Canton, TX flea market (First time I ever went). After making my way through all the businesses selling stuff my grandparents would be interested in (This is usually the only part they look at), I found myself in the back area; where all my finds came from. I also went by a Goodwill on the way home, though didn't find anything worthwhile.

Bought:
    - Mario action figure (Super Mario Bros.: The Movie edition. Loose in acceptible shape): $.25
    - Various Star Trek: The Next Generation action figures (5 in total. Loose in mint condition): $10
    - Generic DVD player (Missing remote): $5

Passed up:
    - Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Genesis. Loose): $.50 (Good price, though I already have a copy)
    - Super NES system (With one controller): $25
    - Nintendo 64 system (With two controllers): $25
    - Nintendo 64 system (With one controller): $25
    - PlayStation console (With 2 controllers and 5 games; all common stuff): $25
    - Complete collection of Star Trek: The Next Generation action figures (With carry case and all accessories): $40

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well thanks young man.
    Sure, let's start off with some sarcasm.

I am perfectly calm. I was just stating that correcting me was unnecessary. And no, I do not consider a toy from McDonalds to be an action figure; McDonalds has never sold an official action figure to my knowledge.
    Your definition of what an action figure is differs from most, then. I have articulated character figurines ("action figures) from Batman the Animated Series, among other licenses, that were obtained from McDonalds. It is possible for a toy to be both an action figure and a restaurant premium. Are the Burger King Xbox titles not video games, but restaurant toys as well? Are "mail-in exclusive" figures also not action figures? What is an "official action figure"? Is there a standards organization that dictates what an action figure is? Your logic fails.

I was trying to be helpful with my comment regarding restaurant premiums. You seem to have taken it as some kind of challenge. I used to collect restaurant toys and wanted to add some clarification for others reading this thread. It's unfortunate, but most restaurant premiums haven't held much value the past 15 or so years due to both speculators and production numbers. Telling me it was unnecessary for me to correct you is arguably as unnecessary as you doing the same to me.

My term "flea market action figure" (for lack of a better way to express it) was my attempt to say that if you were digging through a bin of X-Men and Power Rangers at a FLEA MARKET, a Nintendo ACTION FIGURE should stand out. As Nintendo ACTION FIGURES and NOT McDonalds' toys, are increasingly valuable.
    Yeah, well your term wasn't very helpful to anyone else reading what you posted. There are other ways you could have explained it, but it's really besides the point.

Sorry for any confusion and I apologize to the rest of the Digital Press community for having to read this nonsense. I hate it as much as the next person when grievances are aired in the forums.
    Ah, the old "apology to the community" bit to try make yourself seem above the argument you've instigated. Aside from your misuse of the word grievance, claiming my statements were nonsense doesn't do anything to add credibility to yours.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Why do you sign all of your posts? Your username is right next to your post; we know who wrote them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Also: The Internet is Serious Business (tm)

I'm done with this silliness. I'ma go make me a sammich.

We now return to our regularly scheduled postingness.
    Last edited by tubeway; 05-02-2009 at 08:43 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BasicConduct
    PSN
    SebasContheGo

Findings on Garage Sale.

Classic Gameboy ($2.00) incl. Tetris & Link Cable

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why do you sign all of your posts? Your username is right next to your post; we know who wrote them.
    I have signed my posts for over 5 years (as do others) and won't stop now...call me silly

Mike

PS- Sarcasm is all I got

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have signed my posts for over 5 years (as do others) and won't stop now...call me silly

Mike

PS- Sarcasm is all I got
    *hugs*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

*hugs*
    *hugs back*

Pretzel (Level 4) Goodwill Hunter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good start to the Wisconsin rummage sale season today….

Got the top-loader w/dogbone & manual plus the two Zelda games w/hintbook for $15 from multi-vendor school rummage. Playstation games were a buck each at another sale down the street. Got the loose manuals, 4 complete Genesis titles, and 4 loose NES games for only $3 total at a third. And finally pulled 8 2600 games marked 49 cents each from a big pile I spotted at a Goodwill…best in the lot were Frogger II Threedeep, Sorcerer, and Sears picture label Outer Space. Hopefully, this is the shape of things to come for this summer!

Rich
    Tomorrow's Past is Yesterday's Future Today!

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

/me stares at the little conversation that just happened with tubeway and icarwngs55.
    okay O_o, that's a strange subject to get in a semi-fight over.
    I'm glad that it ended in hugs. It could've been a lot worse. Just FYI I like to use the generic word "figure" when talking about any sort of toy or action figure in a form in which stands, sits, or is posable in some way. I have no reason behind that, I just do.

I was too tired and lazy to wake up at 5:00 AM for sales today (Saturday) and my dad went out without me.

When I woke up he was already back. He had found some stuff he could sell on eBay and he had found 4 NES games for a buck a piece. I selected Wizards & Warriors: Ironsword and Gauntlet II out of the lot. He said I could pay him what he paid for them, so a buck each.

Later that day, I went out to a local game store, FX Game Exchange, and I got 3 games for my Odyssey 2: Type and Tell, Attack of the Timelord, and Dynasty for $1.95 each. I also got a nice minty copy of the AVE game Dudes With Attitude (R5 for NES) to replace my beat up copy. Dudes with 'Tude was $4.95.

EDIT: Holy Crap I didn't see that before. $15 toploader! Nice find, Goodwill Hunter.
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Goodwill Hunter View Post
    Good start to the Wisconsin rummage sale season today….
    I don't know why, but that's a beautiful picture. Lots of cool stuff in one shot. Very colorful. Yeah, anyways....