Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: May 2009 finds

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I considered hitting the Goodwill store today, but since it's had nothing worthwhile in previous trips, I let it go. I thought about going yard sale hunting, but I'm sick of sorting through endless piles of used clothes, stuffed toys and illegally copied VHS tapes.

In short, much everything in this area is sitting in a used game store at a price no one will ever pay, or overpriced on craigslist because someone thinks their old console with 2 sports games should cost more than an Xbox 360.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And on a completely unrelated note, not getting the third taco I order included in my bag really pisses me off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzwing256 View Post
    Poor Brandon Lee... er...Sting is being crushed by that laptop bag.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Flea Market:

The usual over priced games....Passed up so many cool items because they were just too high in price..
    I was very picky to prices today,$10.00 loose NES decks I just let go..
    But sometimes you run into a vendor that isn't crazily prices or is willing to haggle.

My Goal today was to look for Bikes...(get my wife a bike,Son a bigger bike..
    Since we moved into a bigger place with a basement I can do/have more thing..

.................................................. ..............
    SNES System with hookups $10.00
    Dreamcast System,cont,ac,controller,game (no av)$5.00
    Game Cube System with hook-ups,(forgot to look for the controller) $5.00
    Gamecube Power Supply $1.00
    No Door NES Deck,Zapper,RF,SMB game $7.00

Game Cube/PS2,Xbox Games $2.00 Each
    Resident Evil GC ..
    Metroid Prime GC
    Viewtiful Joe GC
    Demon Stone Xbox
    Fable Xbox
    Mademan PS2

Popolocross PSP $2.00

Power Joy $2.00

Family Guy Pinball Table top(old spencer gift item) $5.00

NES Games $1.00 Each
    Most these games I have never come across at a Flea Market.

Wizardry
    ADD Heroes Of The Lance
    ADD Pool Of Radiance

SNES Games ($10.00 for lot..

SoulBlazer
    Paladin's Quest
    TIMESLIP
    Obitus
    Turrican
    Jim Power,the last dimension in 3D
    Unknown Title
    Wing Commander
    Spider Man,Venom,Maximum Carniage
    Pitfall
    Flashback

All to go up on Ebay/for sale

Sons New Bike $45.00

Dads Bike,$50.00

We rode the bikes all over the parking lot.

Son's Toys $5.00

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Some of you really need to vacuum your floors. Jesus.

Seriously though, thanks for taking the time to post pictures. I usually just skip past the non-picture posts in this thread.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Deadman View Post
    I like that they will do this for free, but they don't really offer it. You have to ask if they will do a store transfer for you and it truly depends on who you talk to and what kind of day they are having whether it happens or not. Anyway, I got it today and with the 25% Xbox game discount and my Edge card it was right at $20 after tax. Not bad at all!
    You know what's funny, all the Gamestops in my area refuse to help me with this. There's one store in particular which is in the same city, but I can't go to it because there's no bus route that goes to that particular part of town (and I don't own a car). So I've asked all the other stores if they can help me, and they refuse. Even after I tell them other stores do this.

Quote Originally Posted by tubeway View Post
    And on a completely unrelated note, not getting the third taco I order included in my bag really pisses me off.
    Tacos suck. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    Tacos suck. :P
    I guess just they're not as novel for you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Gasshu-kun

Quote Originally Posted by pseudonym View Post
    I have to look for them, I don't even remember. The last two I got were Bangai-O and Star Soldier: Vanishing Earth.
    Oh yeah! Bangai-O!
    I have that on the Dreamcast, but owning the N64 version would be cool to. You can never go wrong with buying Treasure's games a second time!
    In Heaven, everything is fine.

Insert Coin (Level 0) chrissylas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had FANTASTIC luck today

First stop was a garage sale that advertised Classic Videogames

Each system was $5 a piece, each boxed game was 50 cents a piece, each sealed game was $1, each loose cart was 25 cents and I also grabbed some empty boxes for 10 cents a piece. Oh, and the plushes were $1 a piece.

The games to the left of the Star Raiders are sealed.

Then I went to the Flea Market and a few stores. As usual, the flea market was way overpriced but I was able to get a few games I've been looking for. The Tecmo Bowl is still sealed so that's a definite bonus. My husband was REALLY excited about this one.

This was from another garage sale. Everything in the photo was $35

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Nice finds chrissylas!

I took my girlfriend out to breakfast this morning and afterward we ended up driving around in the South San Jose hills. There were a number of yard sale signs out and we stopped at a few randomly, all of which didn't have much at all - granted it was after noon when we got to them. The last one we stopped at was right off a main drag but they had tons of stuff like old TV's, a bunch of VHS movies, things that usually lead to something decent being there. No video games but they did have three boxes full of Star Trek TNG VHS tapes. I looked them over and asked how much - $20.00. For some reason I debated it in my mind before saying that I would take them. The seller said it was the whole series and that they also had the entire TOS collection earlier but one of the other people at the yard sale ended up taking them and was considering this other lot.

A little dusty from sitting on a shelf but all in great shape. I'd say they're in 98% perfect condition, just a little wear to the cardboard snap cases. I sorted all of them by season and episode. Ended up being 86 TNG tapes and a single sealed TOS tape. She was right, it is the entire series except I'm missing the first tape from the second season (The Child / Where Silence Has Lease). I'm assuming whoever got the TOS set has my missing tape while I have their missing tape.

Really can't argue, twenty bucks for my favorite Trek series. And worst case scenario I can always make my $20.00 back at a yard sale for the set.
    Last edited by InsaneDavid; 05-23-2009 at 09:24 PM.

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDavid View Post
    A bunch of Star Trek: TNG tapes
    It's a shame that those tapes aren't worth much anymore, since they released the DVD season sets. Turn back the clock 5-10 years and those tapes would've been worth a pretty penny. My dad sold the entire VHS set on eBay a while back, just before the DVD release, and I think he got something like $200-250 at the time.

Also, those are some really nice cheap finds chrissylas! and that sealed Tecmo Bowl is pretty nifty too!

Today was my senior band trip, so I couldn't go to garage sales in the morning like I usually do. It will be pouring rain tomorrow so I won't go the flea market either.

For the trip we went to a mall in Grapevine Mills, TX (and other places) to this giant arcade called "Gameworks" that was obviously sponsered by SEGA. Almost all of their machines were by that company, they had a ton of UFO catcher machines, and I saw only 2 Nintendo (Mario Kart) machines out of the entire arcade. I stopped by the mall's Gamestop and picked up Medabots AX: Metabee version for $3.99. I've been wanting this game for a while because it's really a good underrated game. I also got Gradius Galaxies for $1.99, which wasn't bad either. I also went to this "everything's a dollar" store and picked up a small Crash Bandicoot pillow for a dollar (obviously). There's no telling how long that thing sat in the store. On the subject of these "dollar something or another" stores, has anyone seen the type of weird crap these stores carry?

The arcade had some sort of Japanese beetle fighting machines made by SEGA. They use some sort of playing cards. Anyone heard of these, they looked fun but the cards we received gave us unlimited play on only non-prize or ticket machines for a set time, and I didn't want to go buy a card just to play one or a few machines (though the UFO catchers looked tempting).

And by the way, Crissylas, what Atari 2600 game is that in the top row, middle? The one with the white label and the odd looking yellow character on it. I've never seen an Atari game with that cover.
    Last edited by Ryaan1234; 05-23-2009 at 10:52 PM.
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Level 10 Manly Pink Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Pirate OTK
    PSN
    theguywithus

Today I decided to trade in my doubles, Triples, and Quadruples. HOly Crap, it took four hours to find all 100+ or them.

I got 90 for my traded in items and I got the following with that credit:

Complete (minus box of course) near mint Intellivision. My Intellivision II still needs a PSU...

Pokemon Stadium (Making a boxed copy almost complete.. missing instructions).

Kirby Super Star

Tetris Worlds

Kingdom Hearts (Finally I get my hands on a copy)

Dance Factory.. Interesting enough. It will take your CDs (even burned ones) and make dance out of the tracks. I got it for my Fiance's Birthday.

Insert Coin (Level 0) chrissylas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ryaan1234 View Post
    And by the way, Crissylas, what Atari 2600 game is that in the top row, middle? The one with the white label and the odd looking yellow character on it. I've never seen an Atari game with that cover.
    It's actually a homemade label the guy had put on a Strawberry Shortcake cart

Yeah, I loved today I was able to replace some of my carts with the ones I bought today. (when I buy a double I always see which one is better and replace mine if I need to) and the doubles are some great games to sell/trade.

I need more room for my 2600/Intellivision collection though... I pretty much doubled them both today

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Just a heads up, Dance Factory isn't like DDR/Stepmania or Audiosurf in terms of taking music you put in and putting it to the rhythm, it's almost as if it's random.

Nothing game-related today, but I DID find one of those bubble-wrap keychains for a lot cheaper than they have them at Thinkgeek.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    haasinhampton

today i got an orange game boy sp for 5 with no charger, and for $1 each i got loose copies of zelda 1 and 2 and tecmo super bowl for nes. non game related i got 11 dozen golf balls brand new in the boxes, as well as 6, 15 packs of golf balls also new in the box all for $40. and a pair of old klh speakers for $5 from the seventies.
    Autobots. Roll out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Kind of funny that folks NOT named GarageSaleKing!! had better luck at garage sales.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had a decent day at the Garage sales Saturday morning. Everything here was a grand total of $22.

2 Sega Genesis systems with all hookups
    3 controllers (1 six button)
    Sega Nomad sysyem with batterypak

Genesis games:

Gunstar Heroes (CIB)
    Bubble & Squeak (CIB)
    Adventures of Mighty Max (CIB)
    The Hulk (CIB)
    NBA Jam T.E (CIB)
    Ren & Stimpy (CIB)
    Home Alone (CIB)
    Wheel of Fortune (CIB)
    Sesame Street Counting Cafe (CIB)
    NFL94 (CIB)
    Sonic 3D Blast
    Virtual BArt
    NFL Primtime
    NHL 95
    x2 Sonic 2
    Phantom 2040
    X-Men
    Batman & Robin
    Power Rangers

Gameboy Games:

Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (factory sealed)
    Pokemon Pikachu Edition
    Pokemon Silver
    Pokemon Pinball
    Little Mermaid 2 Pinball
    Pinocchio
    Tiny Toons
    Sesame Street Elmos 123
    Revenge of the gator
    x2 Super Mario Land
    Worms
    Dr Mario
    Donkey Kong Land
    Toy Story
    Ishido
    Yugioh Dungeon Dice Monsters
    Fear Factor
    Tang Tang

Not in picture:

ATV Offroad Fury 2 (PS2, factory sealed)
    Golden Compass (DS, factory sealed)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Yesterday my friend and I went for pizza, and on the way back we hit a few thrifts. I didn't buy anything, but the first one we went to had an Atari Masterpieces Vol. 1 collection for the Nokia N-Gage. This was a game you couldn't find in stores, places like GameStop had already started getting rid of their N-Gage stuff by then. Atari Masterpieces was only available by mail order from Nokia, and then they only did it for a year or so. Talk about rare to find that in the wild. And of course, the game card had been stolen out of the box. People suck, especially the kinds of people who steal from a children's charity store.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    Yesterday my friend and I went for pizza, and on the way back we hit a few thrifts. I didn't buy anything, but the first one we went to had an Atari Masterpieces Vol. 1 collection for the Nokia N-Gage. This was a game you couldn't find in stores, places like GameStop had already started getting rid of their N-Gage stuff by then. Atari Masterpieces was only available by mail order from Nokia, and then they only did it for a year or so. Talk about rare to find that in the wild. And of course, the game card had been stolen out of the box. People suck, especially the kinds of people who steal from a children's charity store.
    If I were you I would have bought the box just in case you found a loose copy or a copy with a crappy box in the future

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

$45 spare luxury cash left for the weekend. Time to head out.

$25 for SRA at Gamestop in great condition, $10 for the Sonic toy at TRU. It's the same body as the "Black Knight" Sonic, but with a normal hand.

I wasn't paying $30 for SRA especially when the local store got on my nerves about it.

Curious, Gamestop charges $20 used for Sonic Rush, which is the TRU price brand new. Yet Gamestop sells Sonic Chronicles for $25 new while everyone else sells for $35.

I also learned of a Goodwill store in that area. Not the one I usually stop by. They... were an even worse store. All games were sports titles, shy of a copy of Halo for Xbox. I don't have the Xbox anymore. They had an Atari 2600, 2 controllers, 2 paddle controllers, 10 games for $30. NO AC ADAPTOR. Bordering on overpriced AND no guarantee it works. It was also in abysmal cosmetic condition.

Why can't people seem to realize that condition dictates value?