Insert Coin (Level 0) The-Bavis's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ChuckleFutz

Default SuperAuctions Questions

I am planning on taking a trip to the SuperAuction coming up in May in Dallas. I've read and watched about these in the past, but for some reason am having trouble finding out fresh information, even from their website. So, could anyone answer some of my questions? Here are the ones I can think of right now. I'm sure I'll think of more as it approaches.

1. Do I need to bring a long extension cord to try out the games during the preview portion? i saw this on X-Play or something five years ago, but the website for superauctions is kind of vague.

2. If I should find a cab I want at a good price and I buy it - how hard is this going to be to get into a pickup truck? I have a friend who might go, but since the auction will be of unknown duration, I'm not sure if he's going to give up an entire day. Does everybody help each other load stuff up? I'm willing to lend a hand. Should I buy ramps or something?

3. Will a standard hand-truck be adequate for rolling the cabinet around and out to the truck? I know these things are heavy, but I just don't know how heavy?

I'm mainly worried about getting the thing out of there, which may be a moot point if I don't even buy anything. Any help or links would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    The-Bavis

Authordreamweavervisionar yplusactor Arcade Antics's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The-Bavis View Post
    1. Do I need to bring a long extension cord to try out the games during the preview portion? i saw this on X-Play or something five years ago, but the website for superauctions is kind of vague.
    The games are usually within reach of power, but it's better to have one with you and not need it than to not have one with you and need it. More importantly, bring something to snack on since you'll be there for a while.

2. If I should find a cab I want at a good price and I buy it - how hard is this going to be to get into a pickup truck? I have a friend who might go, but since the auction will be of unknown duration, I'm not sure if he's going to give up an entire day. Does everybody help each other load stuff up? I'm willing to lend a hand. Should I buy ramps or something?
    Very easy to get into a pickup by yourself, easier if you have a hand. You can lay the cabinet down on its back, but make sure that everything inside is bolted down firmly first. When the auction ends, everyone will be scrambling to get their games out, you can't count on any assistance from anyone who didn't come with you.

3. Will a standard hand-truck be adequate for rolling the cabinet around and out to the truck? I know these things are heavy, but I just don't know how heavy?
    Standard dolly is fine, most games are about 300 lbs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Arcade Antics pretty much summed everything up. The only other thing I can add is to go with someone who understands auctions if you don't already. Because it certainly is an auction with the fast talking and their own lingo and all that. The first time I went I was pretty confused at first and was never really sure where the current bid was at. Luckily, all the items I was interested in were toward the end so it gave me some time to figure out what was going on. Even so, I still felt a bit overwhelmed by the whole thing but I did manage to snag a decent cabinet for really cheap.
    "Game programmers are generally lazy individuals. That's right. It's true. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Since the dawn of computer games, game programmers have looked for shortcuts to coolness." Kurt Arnlund - Game programmer for Activision, Accolade...

Insert Coin (Level 0) The-Bavis's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ChuckleFutz

Thanks for the quick answers and advice. I will hope that my buddy can be there when/if it counts.

I'll probably be back with more questions as it gets closer. I'll be sure to report back if I have success.

Thanks again.
    The-Bavis

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There are quite a few of us from the KLOV forums that will be there.

RJ