Thread: Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontiers (DS)

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontiers (DS)

Picked it this weekend and 9 hours in....it's freakin' AWESOME!

Genuine character design, interesting storyline and fast-paced battle system to boot. Really lovin' how laying the tons of damage on enemies. So far my max damage is at 64000.

How anyone else picked this up?
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    You're just a hypocrite. I'm bashing Nintendo because I'm anti Nintendo, but my reasoning behind bashing them is always accurate. You should learn to do some research.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I personally think it's greed to expect that you can pay for a game once and then do whatever you want with it.
    Check my video reviews on YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/optitube
    My Pixel Paradise Blog: http://blockmangamer.blogspot.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Gasshu-kun

I just grabbed my copy a couple of days ago. The battle system is really cool!
    Have you ever played Namco x Capcom? It was made by Monolith Soft as well, and has the original version of Endless Frontier's battle system.
    Well, not exactly the "original", but more like the first version.
    In Heaven, everything is fine.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Pick a Super Robot Wars title, watch a video of all of the attacks, you're all set.

That's the only reason to "ever" pick a SRW title up. Because the gameplay is the same for just about every game and never very good. Atleast they're better than the Disgaea titles though.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pick a Super Robot Wars title, watch a video of all of the attacks, you're all set.

That's the only reason to "ever" pick a SRW title up. Because the gameplay is the same for just about every game and never very good. Atleast they're better than the Disgaea titles though.
    What is up with you?! There's constructive criticism and there's trolling. You've fallen under the latter lately. Your replies are, in one form or another, spiteful, especially modern RPGs. You don't like Devil Summoner? Fine, no skin off my back. Doesn't mean you go out of your way to condescend those who have a different opinion than yours.

Second, Endless Frontier is a turn-based RPG, not Strategy/RPG. Big difference. You would know that if you played the game or watched the videos on YouTube, but your comment shows you dumped on a game you know nothing about. If that's not trolling, don't know what is.

So why don't you take a good, hard look at yourself and take a page from your idol, Obama, "People will judge you on what build, not what you destroy."
    You're just a hypocrite. I'm bashing Nintendo because I'm anti Nintendo, but my reasoning behind bashing them is always accurate. You should learn to do some research.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I personally think it's greed to expect that you can pay for a game once and then do whatever you want with it.
    Check my video reviews on YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/optitube
    My Pixel Paradise Blog: http://blockmangamer.blogspot.com/

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

You're correct that I didn't bother of looking the game up or playing it(I mean come on, it's Super Robot Wars.) Thought it'd be the same bs as it always is. Keep exactly what I said but add "although now it's a turn based RPG with nothing going for it other than looking at all the attacks" at the end.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Press_Start View Post
    What is up with you?! There's constructive criticism and there's trolling. You've fallen under the latter lately. Your replies are, in one form or another, spiteful, especially modern RPGs. You don't like Devil Summoner? Fine, no skin off my back. Doesn't mean you go out of your way to condescend those who have a different opinion than yours."
    I didn't find anything condescending about his post. He simply stated his opinion that he doesn't like it. So what?

Back on topic, can you explain a little more the difference between the DS game and the previous GBA titles. I love strategy - Advance Wars, Neo Nectaris/Military Madness (this is screaming for a PSP or DS remake) and titles like Heroes of Might & Magic (PC). Am I not going to like this? I thought it got lukewarm reviews.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Gasshu-kun

You're correct that I didn't bother of looking the game up or playing it(I mean come on, it's Super Robot Wars.) Thought it'd be the same bs as it always is. Keep exactly what I said but add "although now it's a turn based RPG with nothing going for it other than looking at all the attacks" at the end.
    Don't all role playing games have somewhat similar repetition?
    Final Fantasy is mostly the same BS everytime, but it's fun BS with good stories. Final Fantasy 7 is overrated though, but still good.
    IMO, this new SRW is how Square should have done a new FF: classic RPG exploration and story with a cool interactive battle system.

I can definately assure you that this is not even close to what Super Robot Wars has been. The game is completely different: bearing the SRW title is one of the few similarites.
    Could you still hate it in the end? Sure. You won't be completely wasting your time if you do decide to try it.
    Last edited by Kyle15; 05-04-2009 at 08:53 PM.
    In Heaven, everything is fine.