Thread: Sega Saturn kiosk update/question

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Sega Saturn kiosk update/question

This is an update on the auction I announced in the auction thread.
    Well, it did not sell. Auction went to ~$200, which was below reserve.
    I may try again in a month or so, with some changes.

I'm debating whether it would be better to try to sell the entire package, or sell the kiosk on its own and sell my Saturn separately. My Saturn is specially modified (it has a switch on the outside to toggle between US and Japanese games, and it can also play CD-R backups as well.) Since it isn't just a run of the mill Saturn (and it cost me quite a bit, too) I am not inclined to just throw it into the overall package if I would be able to get more by selling it on its own. But who knows, maybe if I sold the whole thing together, with the monitor, it might do better as a whole. Not sure.

The tricky thing is that the kiosk is so large and heavy that it's a more difficult prospect for distant buyers. I think it could probably be shipped via NAVL for $300 (but it may be slightly more considering that there are some stairs on my end that the movers would have to deal with.)

Open to suggestions. ??

Insert Coin (Level 0) SolidZach's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

this doesn't belong in buying and selling, but if it were mine i would sell the two separately being that most collectors interested in buy a saturn kiosk would more than likely own their own saturn.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I would suggest that you stop spamming up every video game related message board on the web first with your auction and then with this same inquiry about what to do. You really pissed off the regulars at KLOV which is pretty hard to do if you are polite and sincere. I would suggest that you start listening to the very wise advice people are giving you. This ain't worth $600, especially not incomplete. The $200 or so someone offered for it is about what it's worth incomplete. Complete with the special retail kiosk Saturn and monitor, it's worth maybe $300-$400 assuming you can find a local buyer. If you don't like the price, feel free to hold on to it. Posting here and everywhere else on the net is not going to magically make your kiosk more valuable or result in someone paying you the $900 you expect to get for it with shipping.