Thread: If Capcom made Mega Man 10...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    loonieman

Default If Capcom made Mega Man 10...

What robot masters would you like to see? Swine Man? Murder Man? Cake Man?

Would it be called Mega Man X?

Would it follow the retro-cool aesthetic of Mega Man 9?

How many Mega Man games do you think will be made in this fashion?

What if they used the same game play from 9, but let you switch between Mega Man and Proto Man at the push of a button?

Discuss.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Roman numerals are for the Game Boy games, so I'm sure it would be Mega Man 10. :P

I'd hope it would look better than Mega Man 8 because, you know, that would actually make sense in the natural progression of the series. Even if they were dead set on the NES vibe, it still boggles my mind why they wouldn't want to try to make it look as nice as Mega Man 5 and 6. As far as I see it, they were trying to make it look bad for the sake of looking bad, which is more of an insult to the NES than a tribute. But I guess marketing something as "retro hip" gets a lot more money than a modern, detailed 2D game competing against the sea of 3D games.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As much as I like the "more of the same Mega Man" releases, I've been hurting for a story-focused game since I was a kid. They just keep making it more convoluted and the transition from TOS to X is never explained.

I would rather see the entire series retconned into something coherant. If they can put together an outline for the series from beginning to end, develop it as a manga, anime, or game series, and finally let it end, I'll die happy.

Realistically speaking, I see MM10 as either a handheld title or another downloadable. The tone is going to be rather family friendly, and the visual style will either be retro 2D (not necessarily 8-bit) or "shonen anime." I need to stop fooling myself and accept that the majority of the fanbase are much younger than I am, and a more mature continuation of the series is unlikely.

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

The Mega Man X series is different than the regular mega man series. It would be Mega Man 10.

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

If Capcom made Mega Man 10, you could count on the following robot masters........

-A Fire/Heat/Flame Man style robot, since they already used the idea 3 times.
    -An Air/Wind Man style robot
    -A Wood/Plant Man style robot
    -An Ice/Blizzard Man style robot

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There's been more than three fire-based Robot Masters:

Fire Man
    Heat Man
    Flame Man
    Burner Man
    Magma Man

I'd actually expect more of the lesser-used themes. Explosives are always interesting, to join Bomb Man and Napalm Man. Also, the flash theme would be neat to revisit, like Flash Man, Bright Man, and Centaur Man. The periodic table of elements also remains untapped, so we can still hope for the likes of Strontium Man, Rubidium Man, Carbon Man, Francium Man... Particle Man... Triangle Man...

Can you guess what weapon beats Particle Man?

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Triangle Man! *edit* err. Triangle Man's weapon. So in the sense of making up some lame name for a weapon, the triangle beam, tri beam, tri force(that'd be a cool name,) etc, etc.

I'd like to see another Mega Man Powered Up. Hopefully Capcom can put more effort into it than the original Mega Man Powered Up as the level design for the new mode really wasn't that great at all, but atleast enjoyable. Also make Mega Man Powered Up 2 a combination between MM2 and MM3(best two in the series.)

There should be more of a diverse level creation system though. There are some enemies I'd like to have certain stages, but they force you to only have specific ones in all the packs that you can choose(and I have all the packs so I can't have all the enemies I want as some enemies aren't combined with others in packs.) It'd also be nice if they added the ability to actually do alot of platforming upward instead of putting an invisible ceiling that you can only fall down through but can't jump upward.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 05-08-2009 at 09:20 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Scooterb23

Quote Originally Posted by NayusDante View Post
    I would rather see the entire series retconned into something coherant. If they can put together an outline for the series from beginning to end, develop it as a manga, anime, or game series, and finally let it end, I'll die happy.
    How about they change it from a side scrolling shooter into a card-battling based RPG game, and litter it with random battles while they are at it?
    gamesandgrub.blogspot.com - My blog about boardgames, and sometimes food.
    roomwithaviewmaster.tumblr.com - My blog about Viewmaster collecting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This

Old school Megaman style graphics but with a new 2.5D twist. I really can't think of any better way to do it.

As for the Robot Masters, you could do some really creative stuff. I can't think of anything right now, but that's what Capcom's designers get paid for....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    loonieman

Don't know if you guys have seen this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5zhLzwGfsk

Apparently some fan, who is highly skilled in Flash animation, has decided to mock up how he thinks Mega Man 10 should play out.

Pretty damn awesome work. A friend of his composed the music in Famitracker.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, MegaPhilX was one of the winners back when they did the contest for the press kits, shirts, etc. He didn't have any animation back then, he just won with the designs...

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It must...it absolutely MUST tell the story how the Megaman story transitions to X (on account of the whole X = 10 thing). Inafune won't have a better chance to end the original series than this for two reasons.

The first is Capcom is notoriously prone to milking a good thing to dry, smelly carcass (i.e. Megaman 30) and I for one want the Blue Bomber to end it on a good note. The second is MM fans (including myself) been dying know the story behind the cryptic creation of X. Yeah, the tons of fanbase theories beaten this blue horse to death but it'd be nice to have an official story (not bits and pieces) to complete the series.
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    You're just a hypocrite. I'm bashing Nintendo because I'm anti Nintendo, but my reasoning behind bashing them is always accurate. You should learn to do some research.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I personally think it's greed to expect that you can pay for a game once and then do whatever you want with it.
    Check my video reviews on YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/optitube
    My Pixel Paradise Blog: http://blockmangamer.blogspot.com/

somewhere between the past and the future
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NayusDante View Post
    Particle Man... Triangle Man...

Can you guess what weapon beats Particle Man?
    What about Universe Man?

Possibility is infinity! You must be satisfied!

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces. -The Sizz

Apple (Level 5) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    GameOverRG

If Capcom made Mega Man 10...

I still wouldnt buy it because I can't beat a level in any mega man game I have ever played.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gatchaman17

Mega Buster And Slide. Nuff Said!

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Press_Start View Post
    The second is MM fans (including myself) been dying know the story behind the cryptic creation of X. Yeah, the tons of fanbase theories beaten this blue horse to death but it'd be nice to have an official story (not bits and pieces) to complete the series.
    This is what I've spent the better part of my life griping about. All we know is that sometime in the 20XX century, X is created.

Forgive me if I'm getting into a personal rant here, but I've gathered a loose explanation from what little the games tell us:

In Mega Man 7, Bass breaks into Light's lab. This would give Wily access to whatever designs or projects Light had. Fast forward a game and a half, to Bass's ending in Power Fighters: Wily is working on Zero. Putting two and two together tells us that Zero could very well be based on Light's pre-X reploid designs.

I think that Light wanted X to be what Rock SHOULD have been, had he not volunteered to fight. Rock volunteered to fight in order to protect his creator and all of humanity, in a very Asimovian sense. Thus, in order to create a robot not bound to making that decision, free thought would be necessary. X would have been started sometime after 7, when Light realized that his research had been compromised, explaining why Zero seems more flawed than X.

What really kills the potential for a cohesive story from here is something that's been there since the beginning: the X-Buster. Light designed X with the ability to choose whether or not to fight, yet designed him with an exceptional capacity for the latter. So much for free choice.

If I could write the official bridge, X would have to be designed to be more human than machine, meaning no weapons or armor. Light was not in the business of weapons design, Wily was the one who did that every game. Here's where I take a little creative license. After Light puts X in the capsule and initiates the self-test, Wily's final attack commences. This time, he succeeds, becoming a world leader. Mega Man dies in battle, fighting, because it is what he must do. It might make sense for the armor and X-Buster to be designed AFTER Wily's attack. While X is sleeping, Wily sets up a military state.

Cain is with a resistance faction, which greatly benefits from finding Light's research. Before the Maverick Hunters are formed, a military unit of reploids is recruited (not manufactured as fighters...), led by Sigma. X makes the decision to fight. After the oppressive government is put down, some of the reploids begin to rebel against humanity, and the Maverick Hunters replace the fighting reploids. Zero may have been a high-ranking soldier in the government's military, having served since Wily was alive.

From this point, everything continues as the X series presented it. In the end, I can see a final battle against Sigma sometime after X6, with X mortally wounded in the fight. Making his way to a nearby cliff (as he does in X1), X collapses and dies, losing his life because he wanted to fight. It would be a meaningful death, reminiscent of the climax of Cowboy Bebop, where death is implied, but never absolutely confirmed. Cut to credits and beautiful music.

Mega Man and X should both die, to show the differences between robots and reploids. Mega Man dies fighting because it's what he must do. X dies fighting because it's what he chose to do. If Mega Man doesn't die, then he has to be somewhere during the X series. If X doesn't die, then he's either an eternal warrior or he settles down with Alia or something.

Again, forgive my rant, but this is the only logical explanation for the series that I can think of. Not much changes (unless you omit X7 and X8, like I'd like to), and the Zero series could still happen. It's also something that really hits me on a personal level, so I'm sorry if it's all a bit overwhelming.
    Last edited by NayusDante; 05-10-2009 at 12:20 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

I loved mega man 9, bought the game. I would love for them to do 10 in the same art fashon, but I dont think it would happen.

As for robot masters, I would love for them to make fun of themselves and make

Sequel Man

His power would be that he would randomly change into a previous MM boss
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

somewhere between the past and the future
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Shouldn't his power really be making numerous versions of himself, but they all attack in the same pattern?

Possibility is infinity! You must be satisfied!

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces. -The Sizz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PaleSonicakuma

yokozuna man
    jacknife man
    float man
    read sonic doom everyday on my myspace profile

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't know about which robot masters should be in but I'd prefer to not have the MegaMan 9 art style in for 10. It was a novel idea for 9 but now I'm itching for a Wario Land looking MegaMan experience that looks unbelievable.