Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

Bring back Hardman and Woodman. Those guys were key.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They should just be straight forward with the boss names for some of them and name one of them:

Super Fucking Hard Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Push Upstairs View Post
    What about Universe Man?
    OMG...is this some silly little song?!? Why does it seem so familiar and why am I dying to hear it?!? Finally, where on the 'net can I hear it? Seriously!

Oh, BTW, I vote for the big orange one-eyed monster to return...love that guy.
    Your ad here.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They Might Be Giants - Particle Man

Darn YouTube and their stupid auto-mute on licensed music. Now you have to watch stupid ads.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) rbudrick's Avatar
    Buying the rare ones, moments before you get there.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NayusDante View Post
    This is what I've spent the better part of my life griping about. All we know is that sometime in the 20XX century, X is created.

Forgive me if I'm getting into a personal rant here, but I've gathered a loose explanation from what little the games tell us:

In Mega Man 7, Bass breaks into Light's lab. This would give Wily access to whatever designs or projects Light had. Fast forward a game and a half, to Bass's ending in Power Fighters: Wily is working on Zero. Putting two and two together tells us that Zero could very well be based on Light's pre-X reploid designs.

I think that Light wanted X to be what Rock SHOULD have been, had he not volunteered to fight. Rock volunteered to fight in order to protect his creator and all of humanity, in a very Asimovian sense. Thus, in order to create a robot not bound to making that decision, free thought would be necessary. X would have been started sometime after 7, when Light realized that his research had been compromised, explaining why Zero seems more flawed than X.

What really kills the potential for a cohesive story from here is something that's been there since the beginning: the X-Buster. Light designed X with the ability to choose whether or not to fight, yet designed him with an exceptional capacity for the latter. So much for free choice.

If I could write the official bridge, X would have to be designed to be more human than machine, meaning no weapons or armor. Light was not in the business of weapons design, Wily was the one who did that every game. Here's where I take a little creative license. After Light puts X in the capsule and initiates the self-test, Wily's final attack commences. This time, he succeeds, becoming a world leader. Mega Man dies in battle, fighting, because it is what he must do. It might make sense for the armor and X-Buster to be designed AFTER Wily's attack. While X is sleeping, Wily sets up a military state.

Cain is with a resistance faction, which greatly benefits from finding Light's research. Before the Maverick Hunters are formed, a military unit of reploids is recruited (not manufactured as fighters...), led by Sigma. X makes the decision to fight. After the oppressive government is put down, some of the reploids begin to rebel against humanity, and the Maverick Hunters replace the fighting reploids. Zero may have been a high-ranking soldier in the government's military, having served since Wily was alive.

From this point, everything continues as the X series presented it. In the end, I can see a final battle against Sigma sometime after X6, with X mortally wounded in the fight. Making his way to a nearby cliff (as he does in X1), X collapses and dies, losing his life because he wanted to fight. It would be a meaningful death, reminiscent of the climax of Cowboy Bebop, where death is implied, but never absolutely confirmed. Cut to credits and beautiful music.

Mega Man and X should both die, to show the differences between robots and reploids. Mega Man dies fighting because it's what he must do. X dies fighting because it's what he chose to do. If Mega Man doesn't die, then he has to be somewhere during the X series. If X doesn't die, then he's either an eternal warrior or he settles down with Alia or something.

Again, forgive my rant, but this is the only logical explanation for the series that I can think of. Not much changes (unless you omit X7 and X8, like I'd like to), and the Zero series could still happen. It's also something that really hits me on a personal level, so I'm sorry if it's all a bit overwhelming.
    Garry Shandling.

-Rob
    The moral is, don't **** with Uncle Tim when he's been drinking!

somewhere between the past and the future
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NayusDante View Post
    They Might Be Giants - Particle Man

Darn YouTube and their stupid auto-mute on licensed music. Now you have to watch stupid ads.
    I hope that is still on the Tiny Toons Vol. 2. I'm still burned by all the parody videos being taken out of "In Living Color" (after Season 1).

Possibility is infinity! You must be satisfied!

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces. -The Sizz