Thread: Blitzball

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Default Blitzball

The best thing to ever come out of FF10 was the mini game that was actually better than the game itself. Talking to a friend and mentioning that I've always though Square should have done a release of this game.

If this game was done in a release on a system, whether it's DS, PSP, or multi console next gen and it had not only single player but wifi/xbl/psn/infrastructure, how many people here would buy it?

There's FF7 Snowboarding which already had a cell phone release and there's Triple Triad which has had fan made releases though I'd say would also be good on a regular release, but Blitzball is to a much larger scale than any other mini game that Square has put in their titles. Why not release something like Blitzball?
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Strawberry (Level 2) JunkTheMagicDragon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    shaftinator84

ughh, i hated blitzball with a passion.

having an annoying little minigame doesn't bother me unless the devs make you do it in order to progress. which is exactly what square did.

wankers.

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I hated Blitzball more than the card game in 8 and 9 (but not as much as 10's Sphere System).
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've never heard anyone say they liked Blitzball, I always thought I was the only one who enjoyed it. I wouldn't play a stand-alone game, but as a little diversion within X I thought it was fun.

Of course I also loved IX's card game and the sphere grid for what it's worth.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Add me to the "Hated Blitzball" list. Minigames are fine...as long as I'm not forced to play them time after time. Never been a sports game fan either. I think they go hand in hand.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Hey Carl, are you sure you liked FF9's card system Tetra Master, also on FF11, or did you mean FF8's Triple Triad.

Triple Triad has had many fan created games over the years, adding more cards as well through different series, FF7, FF9, Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, etc. I was a member of the original Triple Triad X which only had FF8 cards, but one person who was an administrator ended up making another one, there's been multiple sites, and who knows who owns it now. Latest one has been here for awhile. You might like it.

http://ttadvance.ca/
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nope, it was IX's card game for sure. I only played VIII for a couple hours before shelving it forever.

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by carlcarlson View Post
    Nope, it was IX's card game for sure. I only played VIII for a couple hours before shelving it forever.
    That's less then it took me to want to shelve it. I was near the end of the 1st disc when I got a hold of a guide and discovered I missed out on numerous changes to upgrade my weapons and armor.
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nebagram
    PSN
    Nebagram

Hooray, I'm not the only person who preferred Tetra Master to Triple Triad. Or as I prefer to call the FF8 minigame, 'watch as the computer plays perfectly- even with random draws- and ass-rapes you every goddamned time'.

As for Blitzball... it wasn't bad. Though they completely broke the difficulty on it- I remember going from a losing streak of 8 games directly to a winning streak of over 30- it's not as bad as the lightning dodging or the chocobo racing from the same game.

FF7's minigames were easily the best the series has to offer though.