Thread: Might have some PC Engine Duo-R issues..

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Might have some PC Engine Duo-R issues..

Well, mostly experienced issues with Ys Book 1 & 2;

* Sound stuttering - Excessive stuttering in the intro and on occasionally on the world map. Sometimes the music totally dissapears, and I have to change scene to get it back.

* Fails to read the disc occasionally when booting up the game. Also happends sometimes during loading between change of scenes or on the title screen.

* Inconsistant loading times - Sometimes it takes up to ten seconds between change of scenes, whereas other times it takes about two seconds, which it should take.

Sometimes when loading you hear a "stuttering" sound from the Duo-R, it's like it's trying to read but there's something blocking it if you know what I mean. The red light on the Duo-R stops when this happends, then it's back to normal. Also, on Ys 1&2, the picture is kind of tilting.

I also bought two sealed copies of Cosmic Fantasy 2 for $6 each. I started playing, and after a little while just before an anime movie sequence is about to take place, the screen goes black while it loads the movie sequence, but it just stayed black. I opened up my other copy, and it worked as normal.

Also, just played some Cotton, and while I've never experienced any problems with it before, I noticed that 2 out of 5 times tested, the loading times between the first and second level was about 6 seconds, while normally it's like 2.

Haven't noticed any issues with Vasteel and Lords of Thunder.

None of the games are badly scratched at all, just a few light scratches here and there.

Quote from the item description of the auction where I got the Duo-R from;

"Before i list, I exchanged the old lens of the CD-ROM drive for a new lens. By this exchange, the precision of the pickup laser improved for some scratched CD."

Which leads me to believe that it's not laser-related... I think.

All replies appreciated!
    Last edited by Nico87; 05-19-2009 at 03:07 PM.