Thread: For Trade: Sega Genesis with CD and 32X. Wanted: Sonic games

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default For Trade: Sega Genesis with CD and 32X. Wanted: Sonic games

I'm going to try this again.

I'm sticking with my trade only rule, any offer for cash is going to be turned down. The way I look at it, I'm just going to go spend the money on these games on my want list anyway so I'm cutting out the middle man. Feedback thread is in my sig.

If you want to trade, send a PM. It will receive attention much faster!

----------------------------
    WANT LIST
    ----------------------------

I basically want boxed, complete Sonic the Hedgehog games. Any era. Typically USA releases but there are foreign variants I will take such as the Sonic Adventure 2 birthday edition. I do not require a game be factory sealed and would rarely even expect it. I wil take ANY Sonic game provided it's complete, regardless of my ability to play it. However, I have not yet decided on whether I'll take the same game for multiple platforms, as as been the deal since Sonic Heroes.

I won't take ANY "greatest hits" games from the newer era consoles. In fact, some of mine will need replacement cases. I'll only take copies in good shape. No torn boxes, marker, excess price stickers, fading, etc. Goes for the game and packaging.

As the list for what I need is too long, I'll itemize what I own:

Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis. NFR copy, could use a standard copy

Sonic 2 Genesis. NFR copy, could use a standard copy, if they exist. I only ever see NFR copies of this game in ay condition for some reason.

Sonic 3 Genesis. Perfect shape.

Sonic & Knuckles. I need a fresh paper tray insert for the box, those are generic. But I plan to eventually print a custom paper insert for a modded Genesis case anyway.

Sonic Spinball Genesis. Perfect shape.

Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine Genesis. Perfect shape.

Knuckles Chaotix 32X. Perfect shape.

Sonic CD Sega CD. Perfect shape.

Sonic 3D Blast Saturn. Perfect shape.

Sonic 2 Game Gear. Factory Sealed.

Sonic Mega Collection Gamecube. Needs a non "player's choice" insert. Disc and manual are fine.

Sonic Gems Collection Gamecube. I need a manual.

Sonic Adventure DX Gamecube. Near Perfect shape.

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle Gamecube. I am missing the manual and the plastic case and insert are beatup, it needs to be replaced.

Sonic Heroes Gamecube. Perfect shape.

Sonic Riders Gamecube. Near Perfect shape.

Shadow the Hedgehog Gamecube. Needs a non "player's choice" insert. Disc and manual are fine.

Sonic Rush Adventure DS. Perfect shape.

Sonic the Hedgehog PS3. Perfect shape.

If it's not listed above, I dont have it. Some above need new cases and such. I am going to have a picture up of my collection tomorow, when I have adequate photo-taking light.

I also have a secondary interest in non-game Sonic goods, such as action figures.

I am sometimes willing to purchase games, but my disposable income fluctuates. Sometimes I can, sometimes I can't. So if you ask me to purchase a game from you, don't be offended if I decline.

---------------------------
    AVAILABLE TRADE GOODS
    ---------------------------

The Sega Genesis with Sega CD and 32X addons.

Click me!

Now, why would I get rid of this when I have games for it? Because between Mega and Gems Collection, the only game in my Genesis library I can't play is Knuckles Chaotix, and I don't even like that game very much. I also get s-video out through my Gamecube. The thing takes up a LOT of shelf room as well as 3 wall outlets. I don't have the room for it.

It's a model 1 "high definition graphics" Genesis with TMSS, a model 2 Sega CD with plastic spacer add-on to fit under a model 1 Genesis and a 32X. There is NO metal plate to fit under the Genesis. Not that you really need it... and I did try to by one from the local used game outlet as they have a dead Genesis setup for display, but they wouldn't part with it.

Click Me!

All the cords. 6-button controller, all 3 AC adaptor bricks, video cable for 32X, stereo audio cable for the Sega CD, mixing cable, Genesis-32X AV link cable, Genesis 1-Genesis 2 adaptor plug for the link cable, and the plastic 32X spacer for a Genesis 2.

Please note that the red and white audio cables of the 32X AV cable didn't work at all. I suspect the wires in them were broken or not soldered properly. I got it "new" some months back so it's not an official cable, just a modern Cinese factory cable. Since they didn't work, I cut them off. You can get audio from the Sega CD using the mixing cable, so this changes nothing. The video signal is fine.

Click me!

All the games included. the Sonic games are old spares.

Everything in this setup is thoroughly tested. Everything works. That said, I'm really only willing to get rid of it as a whole unit. No cherry picking.

I will also send it FIRST! I want you to receive and test the unit thoroughly. I don't need someone claiming "it doesn't work" after they get it. You receive the unit, okay everything, then send me the trade goods. After that, well... once you accept the thing as working, it's yours. Showing some feedback would be helpful.

I'd prefer to deal inside the USA on this simply because shipping costs are high on things of this weight. I'm not paying foreign shipping. Likewise, you pay your own shipping. If you get the unit, are not satisfied, you'll pay to ship it back. I won't pay return shipping. I'll test heavily before boxing it up, but make sure you want it first. If something is dead wen I test I'll cut the deal. I certainly won't pay to ship it if it's somehow stopped working.

I also have NES games. These CAN be picked through for small trades. They have all been tested prior and save batteries still work.

Click Me!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh, yes, I do still have this listed on craigslist. Whoever contacts me first from either one gets it and I don't hold anything.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I may also be willing to be flexible on trades if you have an existing list. Not that THAT policy got any interest going last time...

Also, I have disposed of all the animation cels and most of the action figures in the garbage. This includes the 2 Castlevania toys. I'm not going to hold onto anything I can't sell.

Authordreamweavervisionar yplusactor Arcade Antics's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Please read the FAQ posted at the top of the forum. You could have added the information in those two bump posts to your original post by editing it.

Quote Originally Posted by FAQ
    Bumping
    If you absolutely must bump your topic, please ONLY do so after a period of 24 hours since your last bump was made. If you have new information to add, please add it at the time of a bump. If you add info after an hour and bump it, you'll ruffle the feathers of the mods, and this is a sure-fire way to get your thread stopped. No ifs or buts here. Premature bumping is the number one violation and anyone found doing so is likely to have his or her thread automatically closed as a result.
    Selling collection, Atari through XBox. Send a PM with whatever games you're looking for.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arcade Antics View Post
    Please read the FAQ posted at the top of the forum. You could have added the information in those two bump posts to your original post by editing it.
    Like it's going to sell anyway...

The Gentleman Thief Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    BalooDP
    Steam
    baloorj

Are you willing to separate the 32x or Sega CD from the lot? I'm interested in either of them.

Also interested in the Game Genie.