Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: June 2009 Finds

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm View Post
    Slow down man. Take some time to enjoy your new DC collection. Sheesh.
    I'm definitely slowing down. I'm going to be playing through the RPGs, and having fun with everything else. I'm going for completion here, so this is my starting run. So far, I'm really enjoying everything.

Expecting Shenmue and Evolution 2 to arrive today or tomorrow, then that's it. I just got PSO set up to connect properly, so the next thing I need is a keyboard.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Went to my favorite store again today, found some nice stuff.
    SNES:
    Chester cheetah wild wild quest 7 bucks
    Timeslip 4 bucks
    Mechwarrior 4 bucks
    The guy let me in his backroom and I found Super Castlevania 4 8 bucks and a copy of Gyromite with the fami converter for 5 bucks! Ive been looking for one of these for a while and it happened to be in his backroom this whole time. Not a bad start for the summer hunt. Going for my license on monday so Ill be able to do a lot more hunting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

More blockbuster finds
    I got the following club nintendo redeem codes for free
    kirby super star ultra (x1)
    pokemon platinum (x2)
    animal crossing wii (x1)
    super smash bros brawl (x2)
    punch out (x1)
    mario power tennis (x1)
    animal crossing ds (x1)
    dk racing ds (x1)
    mario party ds (x1)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hellfire View Post
    I got the following club nintendo redeem codes for free...
    How did you do that?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by c0ldb33r View Post
    How did you do that?
    I got them at blockbuster, the people working their said I could have them. Just check all the wii and ds cases at your local blockbuster.

(im not sure if any of mine work yet, Im waiting for the next club nintendo year, so dont blame me if it does not work for you)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    namzep
    Steam
    namzep

I got them at blockbuster, the people working their said I could have them. Just check all the wii and ds cases at your local blockbuster.

(im not sure if any of mine work yet, Im waiting for the next club nintendo year, so dont blame me if it does not work for you)
    You know that you can go ahead and type the codes in to verify and just wait till next year to fill out the surveys, right? That way, you don't have to worry about holding on to the stupid things for any length of time.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

More blockbuster finds
    I got the following club nintendo redeem codes for free
    kirby super star ultra (x1)
    pokemon platinum (x2)
    animal crossing wii (x1)
    super smash bros brawl (x2)
    punch out (x1)
    mario power tennis (x1)
    animal crossing ds (x1)
    dk racing ds (x1)
    mario party ds (x1)
    Any chance of you getting rid of your doubles? I only need 200 more points to get the Game and Watch gallery.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Diablo, the Hiroshima CD and Blue Stinger were 50 cents each. I already own Blue Stinger so I can probably trade it away or something. *looks at NayusDante*

Spear of Destiny Super CD Pack? It's complete in box, and it cost me $4! This pup is worth a LOT of money on eBay, but I'm not selling it. I've never stumbled upon a complete copy of any Wolfenstein game around here, and I already own this on Steam, but it's always good to have a CIB copy with all printed manuals, right?

Guitar Hero Rocks The 80's was $6. I stumbled upon a booth owner that I usually chat with and he told me he had some PS2 games for sale. $6 each. I got this one, it has a few light scratches near the center but he said that if it didn't work, he'd let me exchange it for another game. I doubt it'll give me problems, but I'll still test it later today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JanLazer

WOO! FINALLY some luck at garage sales.

WAs out trying to find an address while working and stumbled across a g-sale that just opened...They had 4 boxes of gaming stuff there..Unfortunately I just had $20 on me so I grabbed what I wanted...A complete in box NES Action set w/ 3 games (Mario/Duckhunt, some boxed football game and Mario Andretti racing loose) and a box that contained a Genny 2 with Sega CD, some non-notable Genny games and a few CIB SCD games(Heimdall, Dark Wizard, AD&D and Sewer Shark)...

Original prices were $5 for the NES and $25 for the Sega set up, but talked them down to $20 for the lot.

I left behind a Gamecube with a few games for $10 and a small Atari with about 20 games for $25...Kinda kicking myself about that..Money's sorta tight when you're the only income earner for a family of 3(4 in July).

Since I'm at work, pics will come tonight or tomorrow.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    I already own Blue Stinger so I can probably trade it away or something. *looks at NayusDante*
    Uh... I'm not sure how much I'd offer on that one. It's pretty cheap on eBay, but shipping kills it. You might be better off looking for a trade on that.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by NayusDante View Post
    Uh... I'm not sure how much I'd offer on that one. It's pretty cheap on eBay, but shipping kills it. You might be better off looking for a trade on that.
    It was fifty cents, I'm not looking to sell it. :P I'd trade a common game from whatever dupes you get for it. ;p
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My first find this month:

Metal Slug 7(NDS) $10
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kuros View Post
    Any chance of you getting rid of your doubles? I only need 200 more points to get the Game and Watch gallery.
    Im sure we could work something out

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

pretty good day of sales.

First off, yesterday I picked up Kirby's Avalanche and Swords & Serpents at a thrift for 1.80 each and in very nice shape (my S&S is trashed). Also, the DS wiper/stylus/screen protector was 3 shipped off CL... I just needed screen protectors for mine.

First garage sale find of the day was the left column of PS2 games for 2 ea (Shadow Colossus, Under the Skin (never heard of it, looked interesting), Dark Cloud, War of the Monsters, Star Ocean, Arc the Lad). Also PS2 was Anti-Grav w/ EyeToy for 5. Then there's the DS games for 5 ea (Mario Kart and Lunar) and the DS itself was 20. Got pretty bug-eyed when they had a baggie full of GBA games marked 3, but it was 3 ea. Someone had beat me to the Pokemon games (about 5 of them), but I picked these out (Golden Sun, Kirby, Monkey Ball, Kingdom Hearts II). Same baggie setup with GBC games, but they were 2 each and these were all that were left (Zelda, G&W 2). Phew, so I actually had a few more GBA games picked out, but they wouldn't cut me any deal at all since they'd barely opened (I'm actually surprised more people don't refuse deals early on, since it only makes sense, but whatever). So I put a few back, and got it for $60 total. If you are keeping score, it should have been 62, but they miss-counted, caught their mistake, then gave it to me for 60 anyway. So I got 3% off after all, whoopee!

DK Jungle Beat w/ bongos was 5 at a sale w/ DS Rune Factory 2 and Animal xing 3 (all asking price).

Middle column of PS2/GC games were all 2 ea, 3 for AC w/ memory card, and then I got the sealed win98 manual w/ cd-key thrown in. Was in a box of random computer crap marked 2 for all, which I should have just bought... might have been some worthwhile memory or something in there. Not sure if the win98 key is worth anything like this, but if not I'll just keep it for future use.

CIB PS2 was 40 w/ the 2 Logitech controllers and a regular one, plus dvd remote. No dongles for the Logitech controllers, though, and she even called someone about it for me. She asked for my number (I know, right! ), so maybe she'll call if they turn up. She had a bag of maybe 12 old sports games for 8 bucks each, which she said she thought was too high, but they weren't hers.

Non-game related were a couple scores I'm very happy with. 2 really nice car seats (nicer than the ones I have) for $3 each. I *hate* one of our carseats, so this is a great score. Then there was a sale with a table full of knick-knacks and one piece of electronics... a Toshiba HDDVD player (HD-A35). Had a sticker on it: "DVD player $10". Now, I bet on blu-ray all the way, and I nearly just bought this right off anyway, but frankly I had no idea of the worth of one of these, so I really wasn't sure what to do. So, I called my father-in-law who owns 2 HD-DVD players (and every other type of a/v equipment ever made) and asked him if he wanted a back-up. "No, no, not really". Me: "Its 10 bucks" Him: "Well, you pretty much have to buy it then". So I got it. As I was paying the guy, he said, 'ya know I've got two of those, the other is just over here, not on the table'. So, two? I passed and put my son and the first in the car, then on a whim called my f-i-l again and he said "get it, then you'll have one and I'll have a backup". So I went and got it. Having looked it up after getting home, I'm shocked that they are worth 130 or so. For that I don't think I'll bother keeping mine (have no movies anyway), and since my f-i-l has two that he never uses, I'll try to get him to sell the other, too. I thought these had died a much quicker death, but shows what I know. I guess it is a good DVD player, regardless.

weird that the remotes are different.

Oh, I got a big Rubbermaid tote for 50 cents, too.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

nice little pawn shop stop on way home from work:

N64 cart only
    Mario 64
    Mario Kart 64
    $3.00 each

PS2 Games all complete and nice $5 each
    Kingdom Hearts
    Kingdom Hearts II
    Final Fantasy X-2
    Shadow of Colossus
    Okami
    All original releases

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sonicwolf359

Indiana Jones' Greatest Adventures SNES, boxed for only 3.99 at a local Value Village.
    DERP

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Hey, HD-DVD is the LaserDisc of the 2000's. Ten years from now, people will collect them like how people today collect LDs and other failed/obscure formats.

Pac-Man (Level 10) vintagegamecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm out of town this week and I found a loose copy of Jimmy Connors Tennis for NES for $3 at Goodwill. How hard is this to find nowadays in the wild?
    If they made a movie out of your top five worst sins, what would it be rated?

Check out my list of trades on GameTZ Link

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sonicwolf359

Quote Originally Posted by Tupin View Post
    Hey, HD-DVD is the LaserDisc of the 2000's. Ten years from now, people will collect them like how people today collect LDs and other failed/obscure formats.
    Except for the fact that LaserDisc was out from 1978 to 2001... HDDVD only had a couple short years for releases and different players thus making it a much harder and less interesting thing to collect.
    DERP

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Most HD-DVD releases were either alongside Blu-Ray releases, and the exclusives are getting ported to Blu-Ray and turning out better than they were. Star Trek TOS, for example.