Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: E3 2009: Sony Press Conference Wrapup

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CelticJobber View Post
    Wasn't the slim PS3 thought to be a fake?

Has there been some proof of its existance beyond those horrible cheap-looking pics that were online a few weeks ago?
    You willing to bet $400 on that? If it is fake, Sony is being completely retarded by not coming out and saying so. Instead they're being coy and saying no comment.

I don't envy their position, but they should have people trained in handling public relations who should be stepping up here.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sony's show was fantastic. You guys are being very pessimistic.

The PSP Go's price is good...higher than I like but where it should be as was mentioned.

The PS3 slim will likely be inferior to the current PS3's because of cost reductions so who cares, get one today.

The games slipping to 2010 sucks, yet Nintendo was worse.

I'm not excited about Home yet but at least they are working on it.

The motion controller was absolutely awesome, 1:1, perfect. If they can add voice recognition...

Jak and Daxter...PSP...no fans? Looks good to me...

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuken View Post
    Sony's show was fantastic. You guys are being very pessimistic.

The PSP Go's price is good...higher than I like but where it should be as was mentioned.
    Okay what the hell are you smoking, because I want some of it! Let's do this!

-$250
    -No UMD drive
    -Incompatible with 90% of the PSP library (UMDs)
    -Smaller Screen
    -No Touch Screen
    -No 2nd Analog
    -16GB Internal Memory

If they hit $200 it MIGHT have been acceptable. But considering what it is, it's grossly overpriced, and is only going to sell to hardcore fans. No one in their right mind would choose this over the current PSP, an Iphone or even an Ipod Touch.

There is a reason they are marketing this along the current PSP, because they are afraid it won't sell. Which it won't. Not well at least. Retailers aren't going to be too happy with it, because they can't sell any add on items like software with it, so it won't get much retail space.

This thing is destined to fail.
    #vbender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ProgrammingAce View Post
    You willing to bet $400 on that? If it is fake, Sony is being completely retarded by not coming out and saying so. Instead they're being coy and saying no comment.

I don't envy their position, but they should have people trained in handling public relations who should be stepping up here.
    If it is real, it looks like a really low-rent piece of junk. I'm glad I bought a good PS3 already.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BHvrd View Post
    I like it and considering I already access most of my games from my PS3 when at another wi-fi spot it works for me. I can just download the ones I want on the go.

Umd's weren't helping, this should increase sales and considering the arcitecture of the PS3 it will fit in much better than the DS-i and Wii structure since you can do remote play.

I like the design.
    You are in the minority. There is no way this thing will increase sales in any capacity. It is a downgrade from the PSP.

What, you think the original PSP won't be able to download games as well? I'm sure they'll put the PSN store on there (and if not, they are both retarded and just plain cocksuckers). This device is $80 more than the current PSP. That's a lot normally, but given economic conditions, that's WAY too much. This is the second most expensive system on the market behind Sony's own PS3.

The PS3 already taught us that consumers don't want OMG WTFZ IT DOES EVERYTHING FOR $MUCH CASH. Why would they do this again? There's no target demographic for this device. The PSP is a shitty MP3 player, a shitty web browser, and doesn't have the App store to compete with Apple's iPod. The XMB sucks in comparison to Apple's interface (which, I believe, is their closest "non-gaming" competitor with this device). It's a nice video player and a nice games machine, but with controls like that, they can kiss my dollars goodbye. They basically ignored all the complaints about the original PSP (handcramps while using that god-awful nub, anyone?) and somehow made it worse.

Consider this. I'm a huge fan of downloadable games. I will not buy this thing. I want the option to buy it on disc-based media because I like to resell and I like to buy used (on occasion). I own 40+ games on the Live Arcade. I will never buy this device. I will never buy $60 games on download until it is the only way to do so. I will never buy $40 games either, which is what this device is trying to get me to do. I used to buy a ton of games on the Live Arcade in its first couple years, but I've bought maybe 6 over the past 1 year. Why? Because there were so many purchases I regretted, and the inability to resell a game just kills most of the value, especially when you play the full game and realize its a turd. And these are $10 games here; how hesitant would I be to buy a $40 game on PSN? Never gonna happen. Even AAA, A+ titles like Fallout 3 or Oblivion that I invest a ton of time into I'll sell once I beat.

The fact that a lot of people don't have broadband and a ton more don't have GOOD broadband means that this device is doomed to failure. I have Comcast internet in Philadelphia, supposedly fast -- it sucks. Often I'll get speeds of 100 kbps. This is not acceptable for downloadable games -- it would take 2+ hours to download a three or four hundred megabyte title. There's a Gamestop 10 minutes -- walking -- from my house. No way I'll wait that long if what I want is instant gratification.

Combine that with the fact that, if I want a load of games on my PSP, I can simply download them for free and put them on a MSDuo, and this device has absolutely zero value. I don't pirate, but many people with PSPs do.

I really like the PSP, but if I buy another one I'll buy the 2000 series. PSPGo can go off to die with the Atari Lynx and game.com.
    Last edited by unwinddesign; 06-02-2009 at 11:20 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

Well, Sony had some good games, but really feel what others have mentioned. Not announcing a price drop for their overpriced PS3 is kind of a downer

And the PSP go priced at $249.99??

EPIC FAIL
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Ok then i'm in the minority. I guess alot of people are going to be pissed cause they have bought UMD's and Sony is pretty much dropping them, but truth is I never liked UMD's. They are loud, take long to load and are cumbersome.

The loading speeds will see a significant increase and the system offers bluetooth which is a tad bit better than plugging in a wired set and fits better into the overall connectivity scheme.

Also when I said it will help them get better sales it's cause UMD sales have been piss poor. This way Sony can make more money off their games and we can get more games, basic logic. UMD was on the way out cause people just weren't buying the damn things...fact.

I admit they could have included a second analog though.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    CROM JR

oh so the psp go has 16gig's of space...

after I download games I guess I better hope to god that nothing ever happens to the hard drive... fail...

$250?

guys this is insane... no price drop in the ps3, and the new psp is more money than a 360...

uncharted 2 looked awesome...

mag looked overwelming not in the 256 ppl online at once aspect, but in the micro management aspect of it all... i hope it lets you go play it like halo or cod and not just like a rainbow 6 type...

other than all of that... it wasnt a bad display by sony it was meh...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chicnstu View Post
    The motion stick seems more useful than Natal but will it actually ever come out?
    Microsoft's project Natal seems far more innovative and has exponentionally more uses. Sony's "wand" is basically a Sony branded Wii motion controller with motion plus. Since the sixaxis failed to steal any of the Wii's thunder Sony is going the blatant copy route. They'll probably call it the Sony remote as well.

Quote Originally Posted by graciano1337 View Post
    And costs more than a 360.
    Epic fail.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Remember, a UMD holds 1.8 gb per disc. So the PSP GO can only hold 6-7 games. If you want to play something else, you're going to have to delete and download.

No bluetooth
    no camera
    no GPS
    no UMD drive
    limited space
    smaller screen
    not compatible with accessories on the market

Like i said before, i see why sony would love to sell these things for $250, but i've yet to see a reason why a consumer would want this over the sexy iPod, the cheaper DS, or the more versitile PSP 3000. What's in it for the consumer?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ProgrammingAce View Post
    What's in it for the consumer?
    Free sex.....provided you like rape
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Meancode
    PSN
    Meancode

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger View Post
    FFXIV huh? Curiouser and curiouser. Bet Sony did some pleading to keep an MMO off the PC, huh?
    I am willing to bet that FF14 will be PS3/PC.
    Ken Edwards
    Blogcritics.org Editor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Meancode
    PSN
    Meancode

Quote Originally Posted by CelticJobber View Post
    Wasn't the slim PS3 thought to be a fake?

Has there been some proof of its existance beyond those horrible cheap-looking pics that were online a few weeks ago?
    I am pretty sure the Cease & Desist letters sent to sites was the red hearing. It is not a fake.
    Ken Edwards
    Blogcritics.org Editor

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

I think their motion tech was really good, enough to call their show a success.

PSP is PSP. It's always been the same, and they're too bull-headed to change anything about it. Only thing I want to know if how we're going to get existing UMDs on the UMD-less system without having to re-buy in the form of a download.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm betting they are going to take a play from Nintendo's book and the official plan will be, "Re-buy 'em bitches!"

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Elysiun
    PSN
    Sabaku_Hoshi
    Steam
    Nionel

Quote Originally Posted by GrandAmChandler View Post
    Why not announce the PS3 Slim? Why does the PS3 STILL cost so damn much? Why are you still selling more PS2s than PS3s?
    I can attempt field these. The PS3 slim was likely not announced because they don't plan on releasing until the holidays. The current buzz about the price drop is that it will happen in the fall, likely to coincide with the release of the slim, because honestly if they said yesterday that they were going to drop the price this fall, no one would buy a PS3 until the drop. Lastly, the PS2 sells better because no only is it the cheapest console on the market, but new games release between 29.99 and 39.99 and with it's huge library of games there are literally hundreds of titles you can get for under $20, with a good number of those titles actually being quality games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Metal Gear Solid: Rising has been confirmed for a PS3 and PC release. No Xbox 360 exclusivity there then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicMonkey View Post
    Metal Gear Solid: Rising has been confirmed for a PS3 and PC release. No Xbox 360 exclusivity there then.
    I'll see your Metal Gear Solid Rising and raise you Final Fantasy 14. Still no confirmation but definitely something to keep in mind.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P