Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

I figure that the original Castlevania was an action title that fit within the bounds of what was considered an action title at the time, which was basically a side-scrolling platformer.

This just falls within the confines of what is considered one today. God of War is a good template to base from, I think.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Looks like GoW or Ninja Gaiden to me. Not my fav. style, I was still impressed though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    boatofcar

Quote Originally Posted by MrSparkle View Post
    Ehhhh I'm a little bit scared to be quite honest. What if it's actually a good game, what if it actually sells well, what if that leads to 100 million little kids thinking that this is castlevania and everything before it is boring and old, what if that mentality buries the classic 2d side scrolling formula that the series is really all about.
    If this kind of thing keeps you up at night, you should really go outside more often

Strawberry (Level 2) Arcade_Ness's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think this is right thing for the series to do at this point. Even though it's a big risk to go back to doing a 3D game, that's the only way to breathe fresh air into the series. I'm curious what Iga thinks of this project, and if he's still thinking about doing his own 3D Castlevania.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arcade_Ness View Post
    I think this is right thing for the series to do at this point. Even though it's a big risk to go back to doing a 3D game, that's the only way to breathe fresh air into the series. I'm curious what Iga thinks of this project, and if he's still thinking about doing his own 3D Castlevania.
    It's not really a big risk to go back to a 3d game because a) IGA isn't making it which is a big plus when talking about a 3D Castlevania game, and b) it wasn't originally designed as a Castlevania title, so it doesn't matter what IGA thinks as it's technically not even Castlevania. They tacked the name on there just to garner more sales.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm super interested to see where this game will go. It looks crazy awesome no doubt, but i remember being really excited for a few other 3d versions castlevania's that fell short of what the castlevania name holds thou. It looks like a game that could break the line of castlevania's only really shining on 2d, I hope its the new SOTN or DoS of the castlevania's! ... but really we know so little about the game it could just be another pretty game that turns out to be a flop. but god damn did the trailer look sweet!!
    Last edited by Chemdawg; 06-05-2009 at 05:47 PM.

Strawberry (Level 2) Arcade_Ness's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well Kojima has to have faith in the development team and producer, that they can deliver a great game. Also they have the benefit of looking at what went wrong with past 3D CVs. As Kupo says there's no danger of it doing terrible, since it's wasn't meant to be an official entry in the series.
    Last edited by Arcade_Ness; 06-06-2009 at 01:01 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Meancode
    PSN
    Meancode

I am really dissapointed this is a God of War clone. I am also dissapointed that this is just a year-old Lords of Shadow game with the name Castlevania tacked on the front of the title. I can't imagine that the story will be cannon, and it is not the next-gen Castlevania that I wanted to see from Konami.

Also the way I see it, Kojima Productions is doing very little but lending its very big 800 pound gurilla name to this no-name developer title.
    Ken Edwards
    Blogcritics.org Editor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PaleSonicakuma

it will stand out next year
    read sonic doom everyday on my myspace profile

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by meancode View Post
    I am really dissapointed this is a God of War clone. I am also dissapointed that this is just a year-old Lords of Shadow game with the name Castlevania tacked on the front of the title. I can't imagine that the story will be cannon, and it is not the next-gen Castlevania that I wanted to see from Konami.

Also the way I see it, Kojima Productions is doing very little but lending its very big 800 pound gurilla name to this no-name developer title.
    yea its kinda of lame its god of war clone, but honestly i'll take a god of war clone with a castlevania name on it over the past few 3d castlevania's. I totally agree that its not the next gen castle most fan's were looking for. I'm hopin they realize that most people are gonna assume its similar to god of war, so that they will purposely make some nice changes to show a distinct difference in the two games besides just the title of the game.