Thread: The best games, the best technology does not make

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default The best games, the best technology does not make

or more accurately the best games, the best technology does not necessarily make.

It's analagous to music. The most techincally demanding music or the most skillfully played music isn't necessarily the most enjoyable or the most progressive.

These are obvious statements given our frequenting a classic gaming board.

But Wario Ware is the case and point. People don't always want to be buried in a 3D world. They want little well crafted challenges, and records that they can beat- and challenge friends with. This game will certainly encourage me to get a GBA sooner, with all it's hell bent enthusiasm around here. And the lack of sophistication with the graphics is appropriate, making it a great game. No need to overdo the technology side of it.

I'm always wondering, what will the next innovation in gaming be? Probably something right under our noses- like a better implementation of online gaming or something else. Probably too obvious to notice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had (and still have) my best fun gaming on 8-bit consoles. The proof "is in the pudding" so to speak when it comes it this, and I think MANY will attest to it. Power game consoles are neat-o, but power is not what I personally was ever looking for. I am always on the hunt for a "good game". A game that is tough, but not unbeatable. A game in which you can actually SEE your view. A fast paced game that makes your heart miss a beat. These are the games I really love. Technology does not make these treasures, creative programmers do. Not many of thsoe round anymore sadly, but I still have hope!

Ona side note, I am hearing alot of good things about the new Wario, I must give this a try!

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For some reason, I seem to have the most fun with dead systems. I just found Space Channel 5 for $3 (booyah) and I can't remember when I last had this much fun with somethign this stupid. Bustin' moves and shootin' aliens, wooha!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you like Part 1, SC5 Part 2 is supposed to be mind-blowing. Agetec's bringing it to the US in July. :D

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dahne
    For some reason, I seem to have the most fun with dead systems. I just found Space Channel 5 for $3 (booyah) and I can't remember when I last had this much fun with somethign this stupid. Bustin' moves and shootin' aliens, wooha!
    I just got Space Channel 5 for $3 a couple weeks ago myself. And yes, I tend to have fun with my Dreamcast and even PS2 and NES (when it works) over most modern systems.
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)