Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Quote Originally Posted by HyruleHero View Post
    I previously posted that I think my Xbox 360 Elit is going to the crapper and it defitenly is but I am not seeing the red lights yet. Should I just leave the console on and let nature take its course to see the red rings of death??? Please help and advise??

You did not need a second thread on your dying 360 on the main page. I've merged them together back into your first one.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm having a problem over at GameTZ. I sent a guy my Beautiful Katamari, he was supposed to send me $20 after he received. He said when he started playing the game his system started freezing and eventually got the RRoD. He sent it in and it came back today, he said that when he opened the box it had a paper that said it was returned because it was out of warranty. I thought the warranty was extended 3 years?
    Last edited by chicnstu; 06-12-2009 at 04:37 PM.
    "Tell her you want to slide a hot throbbing cartridge in her warm tight console port. And if it starts blinking and flashing to just slide it back out and blow on it a little."--Sothy

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chicnstu View Post
    I'm having a problem over at GameTZ. I sent a guy my Beautiful Katamari, he was supposed to send me $20 after he received. He said when he started playing the game his system started freezing and eventually got the RRoD. He sent it in and it came back today, he said that when he opened the box it had a paper that said it was returned because it was out of warranty. I thought the warranty was extended 3 years?

So it's hard to tell if he should pay me for my game or if I wasted my $4 to ship the thing and he sends it back to me.
    The warranty for RRoD and E74 errors are 3 years from the date the console was purchased. The warranty can be invalidated for a number of other reasons though, like opening up the console for example (physical damage, water damage, or abuse will all get the warranty canceled as well).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by ProgrammingAce View Post
    The warranty for RRoD and E74 errors are 3 years from the date the console was purchased. The warranty can be invalidated for a number of other reasons though, like opening up the console for example (physical damage, water damage, or abuse will all get the warranty canceled as well).
    Alright, I'll ask him about those things.
    "Tell her you want to slide a hot throbbing cartridge in her warm tight console port. And if it starts blinking and flashing to just slide it back out and blow on it a little."--Sothy

Insert Coin (Level 0) HyruleHero's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Xbox 360 Follow Up

So my graphica were all messed up and purple and kind of pyschaldelic light so I knew I was on my way to the red rings. The console is only showing two red rings which isn't covered on the Warranty...If I keep using it will the three lights eventually appear...Should I overheat the sucker??

Pear (Level 6) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vinnysdad
    PSN
    Vinnysdad

Seriously?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sonicwolf359

A little tip. When you create a topic based off of a problem, continue posting in that topic. Dont create more about the same issues. Your previous topic hasnt even been bumped off the first page yet.
    DERP

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So my graphica were all messed up and purple and kind of pyschaldelic light so I knew I was on my way to the red rings. The console is only showing two red rings which isn't covered on the Warranty...If I keep using it will the three lights eventually appear...Should I overheat the sucker??
    Since this is going to get merged into the other topic anyway...

Once you get any error message, the system shuts off 2 of the cores and there isn't enough heat generated to trip the heat sensor.

I'd send it to microsoft and tell them it RRoD. Has it ever RRoD in the past even once?

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sonicwolf View Post
    When you create a topic based off of a problem, continue posting in that topic. Dont create more about the same issues.
    ^this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
    ^this.

If you have two red rings...is this fixable? Is this more a power supply problem then RROD problem. When I was giving Microsoft the serial number off the back I unplugged the power source and plugged it back in and everything was back to normal for the time being. So my question is..is the 2 ring problem fixable by doing it yourself or is this just a precursor to the imminent 3 RROD?
    Sorry about the posting thing...kind of figuring it out as I go along

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Two Rings of Death??

I have 2 red lights showing on my 360 and according to Microsoft that is not covered under the warranty. Now is 2 rings something I can fix at home or must it be sent to Microsoft..Also, is this a precursor to the 3 dreaded red rings of death? I have read many different things and I am looking for a straight answer.. Could the problem be console overheating,power supply, or just a shoddy console??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sonicwolf359

I believe two rings is an overheating issue. I am not positive on what to do with it though,

Also you didnt need to make yet another thread over your 360 problems...
    DERP

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Do not make another topic on your 360. We have now merged 3 of these back into your original topic. Next one I see will get both of them locked and a time out for you.

Seriously, call Microsoft, see what they say. If its constantly 2-ringing then there might be something that could be done by them. If not use the magical google machine and see what comes up there. Just because you've got 2 rings does not mean that 3 rings is on the way. Thats not how it works. All the ringing does is say what kind of general error is occuring for the box and they have little if anything to do with each other otherwise.
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sonicwolf359

Quote Originally Posted by PapaStu View Post
    Do not make another topic on your 360. We have now merged 3 of these back into your original topic. Next one I see will get both of them locked and a time out for you.

Seriously, call Microsoft, see what they say. If its constantly 2-ringing then there might be something that could be done by them. If not use the magical google machine and see what comes up there. Just because you've got 2 rings does not mean that 3 rings is on the way. Thats not how it works. All the ringing does is say what kind of general error is occuring for the box and they have little if anything to do with each other otherwise.
    Agreed. Best thing to do would be talk to Microsoft directly... and not make another topic.
    DERP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry dude, didn't mean to be a pain in the ass. I have been a member of the Digial Press community for some time but only started blogging not too long ago so I am still trying to figure things out. In fact I don't ever blog at all...so this is new to me... Sorry to cause trouble

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Sorry dude, didn't mean to be a pain in the ass. I have been a member of the Digial Press community for some time but only started blogging not too long ago so I am still trying to figure things out. In fact I don't ever blog at all...so this is new to me... Sorry to cause trouble
    This isn't blogging, this is called posting. Blogging is when you have a webspace of some kind devoted to you and your comments either on a specific subject (like sports, videogames, movies) or just your general banter about life. Message forums are meant more for the discussion/query method of things. Someone often poses a question or makes a statement and then the subsequent posts comment on it, discuss that individuals views or gives answers to the original posters question.

Where you became a 'pain in the ass' is when you ignored 2 mods telling you to stop doing new threads as they brought them back into this thread. We've given you about as much info as we can with what info you've given us.

If your newer Xbox is less than a year old, its still under warranty regardless of it experiencing the 3 RRoD or not. If its constantly 2 ringing, then you very well could have not plugged it back in all the way, or there might be a problem with your AC brick. Check the light on it, is the light on the brick red? Call MS at 1-800-4-MYXBOX and they can help.
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog