Thread: Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Thanks!

Thanks!
    Last edited by mrmark0673; 09-21-2016 at 11:19 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Awesome! Thanks man!
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrmark0673 View Post
    As promised, since selling out of our run of HM carts, the ROM has been released for download, free of charge! If you missed out on buying one or didn't have the cash, here is your chance to check it out. We worked very hard to get this game out there, please try it out, enjoy it, and let me know what you think!

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/mes...threadid=20344
    Thanks for the rom dude, I'll check it out later, though the game does look interesting enough. I thought about buying one of these before they went on sale, but decided against it, since I really do not collect so much anymore. It would have looked nice next to Sudoku though. The pictures look super nice.

Also, being out of the collecting stage for awhile, I have the following thoughts on the matter. With one of the unreleased games that I had, my dream had been to make a small run of cartridges. This was maybe 7 years ago, and I knew someone who had made small runs of other unreleased games for other systems, and he thought that we could get this task completed. However, I did not want to send the game out to this guy to dump, and since we did not live near each other and I did not have the right equiptment, this project never happened and then I traded the cart to a good friend of mine for an insane amount of CDs. I will never forget the day I received the package containing my part of the trade.

With the above being said, I think it is really great Mark that you are churning out your games so that people can buy copies and play if they choose. As someone who has weeded the garden and removed some of the crappier games from his collection, the idea of finishing the game so that it has more playability is great in my book. I despise the idea of limited runs of carts, because maybe someday I will change my mind and want to own a cartridge copy of game x, but I also understand that with the amount production costs, that limited runs are necessary. Besides, I can then purchase a repro.

As far as making a profit from the games, I see it as a cycle. Person X buys a prototype of something unreleased, either fairly cheap or higher-end, depending on the source, etc. Go through the pains and time of doing a cib release of the game, make some money back, profit, and then put that money towards buying another unreleased game. The guy doing this makes out good, owning the physical carts for all of these unreleased games, he is basically financing his collection this way. However, since everyone can play the game, the physical cart loses some of the appeal and is not as desirable. I am not saying whether I view this cycle as good or bad, just stating it.

I think it is super cool of Mark though to release the rom of the game as well as make the cartridges. For some games, I may pay the cost of them (i.e. Happy Camper, Sudoku), but for others it is more about trying it out, experimenting, but I do not have the urge to own a physical copy. Whether the rom is slightly edited or not, well...for totally unreleased games, it does not really matter to me. Unedited is always better, but just be glad to be able to give the games a play, folks. I know that I am, thanks Mark

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

TRM: Dude, wow. Coming from a member who has been around for so long and has done so much for this branch of collecting, I really appreciate what you said. I hope to continue to release games in this manner, and if for some reason I end up releasing an edited ROM, I will carefully document and photograph the original for historical purposes (much in the same way as I did with Hoppin' Mad). Thanks for the support, I really appreciate it!
    Last edited by mrmark0673; 06-16-2009 at 03:55 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Tempest 2084
    PSN
    Tempest 2084

Quote Originally Posted by mrmark0673 View Post
    I have 3 unreleased 5200 games, all of which I believe are builds not currently available for download,
    And those three games are? Just curious. It's been awhile since I've seen a new 5200 proto.

I know what you mean about 5200 protos though. My 2600 protos sold fast enough, but even though the 5200 protos were more valuable to me (by a long shot) they were much harder to get rid of since they aren't the 'hot thing' at the moment.

Tempest
    --- www.AtariProtos.com ---
    All Your Prototypes Are Belong To Us!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
    And those three games are? Just curious. It's been awhile since I've seen a new 5200 proto.

I know what you mean about 5200 protos though. My 2600 protos sold fast enough, but even though the 5200 protos were more valuable to me (by a long shot) they were much harder to get rid of since they aren't the 'hot thing' at the moment.

Tempest
    From what I can remember they are Meebzork (although I don't know which version), Millipede, and Looney Tunes Hotel. Mark would have to confirm all that of course. I know he has no clue whether or not these particular builds have been dumped though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Matt is correct, those are the three I own. I understand different versions of each one of those games have been dumped, but I don't think0 my copies specifically have (or their particular builds). I love protos, but I would trade my 3 unreleased 5200 protos for any 2 released NES protos that I don't have in a heartbeat. Any takers

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

This is still a good thread. I moved all the crap, and reopened this one.

Carry on.

-GAC-

Vectorman0's note: Next time that happens, don't feed the troll, please just PM a moderator!
    Last edited by Vectorman0; 06-16-2009 at 03:53 PM.
    #vbender

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

EDIT: Nevermind
    Last edited by Boo Boo; 06-16-2009 at 10:19 PM.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jdotaku

if anyone wants a copy of this game I will sell or trade mine for the value of it from mark which was what 65?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Quote Originally Posted by otaku View Post
    if anyone wants a copy of this game I will sell or trade mine for the value of it from mark which was what 65?
    I think it was $60 and $5 shipping, total then $65.

Anyway, just noticed how small the ROM file is! Reminds me of those first generation NES games! WOW!
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, it was $60 plus shipping originally. The ROM is awful small and it is VERY similar to first run NES games (it is an NROM game). I think this one looks a bit prettier than Hydlide or Tag Team Wrestling though

Pac-Man (Level 10) vintagegamecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just downloaded it, thanks for sharing.
    If they made a movie out of your top five worst sins, what would it be rated?

Check out my list of trades on GameTZ Link