Thread: Intellivision/Colecovision question

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Intellivision/Colecovision question

Hey guys, I'm new to the forums here.

I am hoping at some point to collect some older video game systems. I already have the 2600 but I'm hoping to add these two to the list at some point.

I was wondering if anyone could give me ideas as to what games I should get for these systems. I'm looking for games that are the best or pretty good that go hand in hand with the system. Sorta like if I were to but an NES, I'd buy a mario game. I hope to find most of these games at the store before I look online, Digital Press is awesome.

Any ideas?
    Now you're playing with power

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Welcome to the forum. I will jump right in and say I bought an intellevision just to play "Burgertime". Intellivision's version of Burgertime is different from the arcade, but plays(gameplay-wise) just like it. The Intellivision version may be more fun than the arcade, so make sure to grab it. I also like the title "Thin Ice", kinda like the game Qix. Make sure to check out the Intellivision's Top 20 game topic: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1483
    Also, here is another intellivision topic worth reading: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6024

As for Coleco, after selling mine over 15 years ago, I finally was able to find one locally last week. I have only spent a few minutes playing it, so I don't remember any of my old favorites except the two "Mr. Do" titles. Here is a link to the Coleco's Top 20 game topic:
    http://www.digitpress.com/forum/show...t=colecovision
    Also:
    http://www.digitpress.com/forum/show...t=colecovision

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    compute1984

My experience with intv is very limited, but when I had one I was always a sucker for Bowling. Great gfx for a bowling game of the time. Recently scored a Colecovision with a ton of arcade ports, and I was never a huge fan of tapper until I played it on this system. For some reason I can't get enough of Fortune Builder (along the lines of sim city). Although I can't stand zaxxon, the cv port is pretty nice looking. Donkey Kong is a great port, imo. Damn, now I want to go play colecovision. AFK
    See my latest arcade repair at the Holodeck 2 Arcade Repair Blog: http://holodeck2arcade.blogspot.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Welcome to the forums! Just a friendly FYI, 99% of the time these kinds of questions/discussions have already occurred and can be found in the "Classic Discussions" forum, which is itself a rich repository of information/advice/top-20 lists, and all the topics are still alive and can be continually added to.

The most effective way to search:
    1. Go to the red bar above, click on the "Search" drop-down menu, click on "Advanced Search" (or just right click on "Search" into a new tab which will give you the advanced search).
    2. Type in your word (MUST be over 3 characters long), e.g. "Colecovision", in the Key Word box on the left side, and select "Search titles only" in the drop-down box right beneath it.
    3. On the right side, select "Classic Discussions" in the "Search in Forums" list.
    4. Press "Search now" at the bottom.
    5. Disco!

Remember, if you're thinking of starting a new "Best/Worst/Hardest Games for System X" thread or something like that, chances are it's already been done and in Classic Discussions. Doesn't matter how old it is, you can always add to it anytime you like; no need to start a new one!
    "As you traitors roast in your own juices, I will be safely ensconced three miles below the earth's surface, listening to my wax-cylinder player and enjoying a delicious phosphate!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

And just to cover the Intellivision topic a little broader, if the game was released after 1984, it's probably a good one. The games released in the latter half of the '80s were all pretty strong, well programmed titles. Some of the later releases are really hard to find because of small manufacturing runs, but are also rare due to being really fun (except for Spiker! Super Pro Volleyball and Pole Position, which I didn't care for). And Imagic games for the Intellivision were all pretty good, with many of them exclusive to that console.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks everyone. Some of the games I have been looking at are some of the titles that I have seen in the AVGN review but I wanted to learn about other titles. Thanks for the help guys.
    Now you're playing with power