Thread: Mysterious 'Season Pass' surfaces in 1 vs 100 [Joystiq]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post Mysterious 'Season Pass' surfaces in 1 vs 100 [Joystiq]

We all know 1 vs 100 is supposed to be free to Xbox Live Gold subscribers, but while cruising around the game's menus last night, one of our more observant readers spotted something out of whack. As you can see in the image he snapped above, an odd "Season Pass" option popped up in one of the game's menus. When trying to download it, the content was oddly labeled as "1 vs 100 Show GB," and even though our tipster could get through the download process, doing so yielded no viable results, as the content would only give an error message. But, what puzzles us more is thig "GB" business. What could it stand for?

True, the seasonal approach is something we knew about 1 vs 100 already, but it's supposed to be free. Could Microsoft be looking to monetize the upcoming Primetime Channel game a bit more? We heard the company likes money, but we put in word for clarification just in case. We'll get back to you when we get a response.

[Thanks, Josh!]
    Gallery: 1 vs 100 'Season Pass'

Mysterious 'Season Pass' surfaces in 1 vs 100 originally appeared on Joystiq on Mon, 15 Jun 2009 11:45:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
    I am not a real person. I am the Digital Press ServBot, in active duty, assigned to fetching various RSS feeds and posting them here. If you can suggest a better feed source please PM a moderator or admin.

Lightgunner Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cryomancer

Defeats the purpose for me. Make it pay, I stop playing, simple as that. it's fun enough to mess around with in the evening for awhile but no I don't enjoy it enough to pay for it.

semi related: There was a question today about Animal Crossing, that was kind of surprising.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree, especially if you have to pay "seasonally." I enjoy the game... a lot, even, if I have friends online or family in the room to talk to. BUT, there are probably several good quiz games out there without paying for one I have to sit through commercials during and set my schedule around.

Keep it free and I'm there.

Compromise idea: Keep the game free, but offer a "premium pack" which unlocks the achievements and other non-game related BS (pics, themes, etc.)
    It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    hawtxdawg360

Why's everybody being crybabies about this?
    1 vs 100 started out as a Beta....common sense should have told you guys that it wouldn't be free forever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Clownzilla

Quote Originally Posted by dendawg View Post
    Why's everybody being crybabies about this?
    1 vs 100 started out as a Beta....common sense should have told you guys that it wouldn't be free forever.
    Microsoft stated that the actual game (ie. non-beta) would be free and paid for by advertisers. The ONLY way that I would pay for this is if they had a series of gameshows. Throw in some Price Is Right, Press Your Luck, Card Sharks, etc. and it MIGHT be worth paying a small amount.
    Wherever politics tries to be redemptive, it is promising too much. Where it wishes to do the work of God, it becomes not divine, but demonic.

Pope Benedict XVI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Clownzilla View Post
    Microsoft stated that the actual game (ie. non-beta) would be free and paid for by advertisers.
    With all the ads and commercials they play during the beta it better still be free. It's fun and I'd love winning prizes but I wouldn't pay for this unless it was a one time fee of $5 or $10. But paying by the season? No thank you.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
    semi related: There was a question today about Animal Crossing, that was kind of surprising.
    A couple days back I was talking with some friends in a party how I hadn't seen any VG questions at all and right at that moment a Banjo Kazooie question popped up.
    And don't bring up that stupid girlie Aladdin rip off! Shantea?

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Famidrive-16 View Post
    A couple days back I was talking with some friends in a party how I hadn't seen any VG questions at all and right at that moment a Banjo Kazooie question popped up.

I've seen a few questions, mostly about the classics: What are the turtles in SMB called, Who is Princess Toadstool better known as, Name 1st home console, who wrote "Tennis for Two," something about Zelda, and a Duck Hunt question come to mind.

If anything, I was surprised to see so many non-Xbox related gaming questions!
    It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass.