Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: PC Engine/Famicom/Super Famicom reviews & manuals

Quote Originally Posted by lkermel View Post
    @Steven

RVG already turned 8!?! Wahoooo! This is insane!!! I know, time flies! Video Game Den is actually 10 this year! I wanted to organize a little something on the website but I've been way too busy at work. And before VGDen, there was the PC Engine Lounge which I created around 2002/2003, so yeah! It's been a while! I sometimes wish the site was a little bit more popular, but it is a real passion of mine and I'll just carry on updating it! I have also rearranged my priorities and been working on other side projects, including my illustration work and I've also been writing my own video game

And you're right, one man projects that run for 8+ years seem to be rare these days! We should be proud of our commitment
    I hear ya bro. Especially on the "I wish it was more popular" bit but you know what, VGDen (and I like to think my site too) has this sort of "underground" vibe going for it, which is cool in its own right. We aren't as popular as the HG101s of the world, but we have our own niche fanbase and our respective sites' general feedback speaks for itself. A lot of things get hyped in this day and age, and people say good things just to be nice. But the feedback I've seen for both of our sites over the years tells me that we're both doing something right.

Congrats on turning 10 later this year. That is quite a feat. I don't know if you're familiar with Flying Omelette, but its webmaster recently announced that the site is no longer being updated. Fansites just aren't very common these days, so yeah, we're a dying breed, man. We're dinosaurs in a world of "Gametube" and gaming wikis. Keep up the passion and keep up the great work. Maybe we'll both make it to 20 in due time. Reason to celebrate and... possibly be a little depressed too if it ever happens. Haha. Kidding. Sorta

RVGFANATIC: SNES, Saturn, mad ramblings and more
    RELIVE | REMEMBER | REPLAY

Brand new URL!

Updates and manuals:

Hanii in the Sky (PCE)
    http://www.videogameden.com/hucard.htm?his

Hanii on the Road (PCE)
    http://www.videogameden.com/hucard.htm?hor

@Steven
    The Flying Omelette is going dark? Oh, this is such a shame... but I really understand, I've had a few phases where I was really close to pull the plug as well. But I decided to keep VGDen alive and to slow down the rate of updates instead, and it looks like I can achieve this balance and keep everything else in my life going. As you rightfully said, let's shoot for our 20th anniversary!

New review and manual:

Abadox (Famicom)
    http://www.videogameden.com/fc.htm?aba

Ya!

Insert Coin (Level 0)

Im glad youre still updating your site, hope youre making regular backups, it would be a damn shame if all these reviews and manual scans went down..

Here are two new updates, the first one is for Mashin Eiyūden Wataru (aka Keith Courage in Alpha Zones) which also includes the scan of the American comic book, and I went into the deep end of Lady Sword and brought back some goodies, such as the impressive bestiary of this unique unlicensed game by Game Express.

Mashin Eiyūden Wataru - PC Engine
    Lady Sword - PC Engine

@goatse
    Ah ah! Don't worry, my site is entirely backed up, the master version is actually always on my computer (and backed up multiple times). About the scans, I still have hundreds to upload (I have something like 60G of scans already done, waiting for me to have more free time )
    Last edited by lkermel; 02-15-2016 at 11:53 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Steam
    primordialhelios

If I were to find a manual you didn't have (even though I probably won't ), would you want me to email a scan to you?
    I still haven't beaten DOOM

I finally found some time to write a new review! Here is a page for the excellent Majō Densetsu II Daimashikyō Galious for the Famicom!

Majō Densetsu II Daimashikyō Galious - Famicom

I have also added TONS of scans to the site, including flyers, phonecards, ads and other goodies from my collection. The highlights are definitively the ultra rare Gradius Archimendes Hen (Famicom), Exed Exes Silver Member (Famicom), a not-for-sale promotional phonecard for Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire (PC Engine) and a very uncommon four pages leaflet for Super Star Soldier (PCE). Enjoy!

@PrimordialHelios
    Ah ah! Thanks a lot mate! I do actually have all the manuals for all the games reviewed on the site (and they are all already scanned), plus hundred of other games not listed there - my only problem has always been free time... blaaaarf... But I really appreciate your offer and will let you know if I would need help in the future
    Last edited by lkermel; 02-13-2017 at 05:33 PM.

New update and manuals:

Legend of Hero Tonma - PC Engine
    Saint Dragon - PC Engine

For anyone interested, the Legend of Hero Tonma is particularly interesting because I included pics from the unreleased Famicom version which was canceled for some obscure reasons...

For anyone interested,
    Well, I am interested, actually! Thanks for the updates, always check out your site when I see a new game that I don't know much about.

New update and manual:

Mad Stalker - PC Engine

@delafro
    Thanks mate! I really appreciate your message! I don't receive much feedback about the site but I keep at it because it is a deep passion of mine. This is why I really appreciate your feedback, thanks!!!

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar

New update and manual:

Mad Stalker - PC Engine

@delafro
    Thanks mate! I really appreciate your message! I don't receive much feedback about the site but I keep at it because it is a deep passion of mine. This is why I really appreciate your feedback, thanks!!!
    Your site is excellent. I've used a combination of it and thebrothersduomazov a bunch over the years when looking for inspiration on PC Engine stuff. I try to identify a game or two I want to try, then find it in a lot with a bunch of stuff I've never heard of and see what happens. You do great stuff, and turned me on to one of my favorite Famicom games... Space Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by celerystalker View Post
    Your site is excellent. I've used a combination of it and thebrothersduomazov a bunch over the years when looking for inspiration on PC Engine stuff. I try to identify a game or two I want to try, then find it in a lot with a bunch of stuff I've never heard of and see what happens. You do great stuff, and turned me on to one of my favorite Famicom games... Space Hunter.
    Thanks again mate, and I'm so pleased to hear that VGDen helped you find hidden gems! I also love Space Hunter, I have a bunch of Famicom games I still occasionally play, and SH is definitely among them. I'm about to publish a review for Ai Senshi Nicol for the Famicom Disk System - if you liked SH then you should really check it out. Again thank you for your awesome feedback - I initially started Video Game Den to share my favorite games with others, and also because I couldn't find any information about them at the time (it is crazy, but neither Wikipedia nor Youtube were around when I started writing my first reviews!). I'm very glad VGDen helped you find games you never heard about, and I literally have hundreds of games in my collection that would deserve to be reviewed and added to the site, so I still have a verrrry long road ahead of me

Banana (Level 7)

I tried playing Maze of Galious for the Famicom, seemed pretty good but had a few flaws. First, having to retype the password every time you Game Over.
    Also it seems with the boss rooms, you have to enter the code without pausing the game. If you pause the game (Select) and then enter the code, you pretty much soft-lock the game (the code will be registered as entered, but the boss won't spawn, leaving you trapped).

I do recall several years a prototype cartridge SHELL of Hero Tonma for the Famicom turned up on yahoo! Japan auctions. (just the empty plastic with prototype label art)
    Not sure if I saved it though.