Thread: PAL ps2 games price guide

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default PAL ps2 games price guide

Hey fellas
    Hope it's the right place to ask, I'm looking for an updated price guide for the PAL version of ps2 games, I got some stuff I can't find on ebay to get an estimation

Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FFX View Post
    Hey fellas
    Hope it's the right place to ask, I'm looking for an updated price guide for the PAL version of ps2 games, I got some stuff I can't find on ebay to get an estimation

Thanks
    Post the titles here (or in the What's it worth forum) and i'm sure you'll get a ballpark figure.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the reply

Final Fantasy X
    Metal Gear Solid 2 : Sons of Liberty
    Klonoa 2
    .Hack outbreak
    Silent Hill 3
    Project Zero II

All are sealed, original releases (no platinums) and PAL

Thanks

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I did some quick searches on Ebay.co.uk and i found some auctions. I only did quick searches though, so i might have missed some auctions that might have been sold for a higher price than from what i saw, but i tried to look for the copies that had been sold for the highest price by searching some of the listings after "highest price first". I am also not sure if these prices are what the games usually sells for, sorry. But here is what i found at least

I didnt find any sealed copies (that werent the platinum version at least) of Final Fantasy X, but i found a copy that is claimed to be new. The price on the auction was £19.99 (+ shipping), but it didnt sell:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRAND-NEW-Orig...3A1%7C294%3A50

-------

A seller on Ebay.co.uk has 10 new copies of Metal Gear Solid 2 for £31.95 (+ shipping) for each copy:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Metal-Gear-Sol...3A1%7C294%3A50

It doesnt say anything in the auction if it is the first version or the platinum version though, but judging by the picture it is not the platinum version. The picture could be an illustration/stock picture and not a picture of the actual version that is being sold in that auction though.

EDIT: This auction with 10 new copies of Metal Gear Solid 2 wasnt sealed afterall, it says so in the auction. I didnt notice this at first, i am sorry for the mistake

Another seller has a copy for sale for £199:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/METAL-GEAR-SOL...3A1%7C294%3A50

-------

I didnt find any sealed copies of Klonoa 2, but i found a complete copy that were sold for £11.99 (free shipping inside the Uninted Kingdom) :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Klonoa-2-Lunat...3A1%7C294%3A50

-------

I didnt find any sealed copies of .Hack Outbreak, but there is an auction up with .Hack Outbreak now that is up to £21.00, and it is still about 2 days left of the auction. The game in this auction is not sealed though:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PS2-GAME-HACK-...3A1%7C294%3A50

-------

There were an auction with 3 new copies of Silent Hill 3 up not too long ago for £21.95 (+ shipping) for each copy. None of these copies were sold. It doesnt say anything that these copies aresealed though, at least not what i can see, just that they are new.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Silent-Hil...3A1%7C294%3A50

-------

There is a sealed copy of Project Zero 2 up for auction on Ebay.co.uk now. It has a "buy-it-now" price of £179 (and maybe + shipping)? I dont know if it is going to be sold for this price though, but you can watch how much money the auction will end for at least

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Project-Zero-2...3A1%7C294%3A50

I also found a unsealed copy that was sold for £14.99 (+ shipping) :

http://completed.shop.ebay.co.uk/ite...Q_sopZ3QQ_scZ1

EDIT: I added some text.
    Last edited by jajaja; 06-17-2009 at 01:05 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the detailed reply jajaja

I actually searched my self for the games on ebay and didnt came across sealed copies of them (BTW, the guy with project zero II is me, that listing is just to check the demand)
    From my experience, sometimes the ratio between used and sealed copy can be very high, so it's hard to judge by used copies

btw,
    I'm sick of the sellers listing unsealed copies as "New", what do you think ?

Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thanks for the reply

Final Fantasy X
    Metal Gear Solid 2 : Sons of Liberty
    Klonoa 2
    .Hack outbreak
    Silent Hill 3
    Project Zero II

All are sealed, original releases (no platinums) and PAL

Thanks
    Ok, here goes:

I assume that by sealed you mean with cellophane with the 'Y' style folded ends and the appropriate tear strips, rather than shrinkwrapped (Which would indicate a reseal) - I own factory sealed copies of five of the six games listed below, so I know what I am talking about!

FFX - Recent sales of sealed copies have all been above £100, including one I sold myself a few months back for more than this. If you listed it at £100 Buy It Now, I am sure someone would snap it out of your hands

MGS II - There are two variations: The black cased pack-in version with 'Not For Resale' where the barcode should be; And the clear cased retail version. Sealed Konami games are rare at the best of times, but this is a very sought after game in sealed condition and can fetch anywhere above RRP

Ignore the Startup_Media seller on eBay, their stuff is most likely resealed. And that other auction selling the retail version for £199 is very optimistic. I would say average is perhaps between £40-£75, certainly not above £100

Klonoa II - Quite rare and sought after, especially sealed. I would say worth in the region of between £15-£35 depending on demand

.Hack: Outbreak - The third and rarest of the four .Hack games. Worth a good £20-RRP any day of the week in sealed condition. £30 is average

Silent Hill III - As stated above, sealed Konami games are rare at the best of times, although sealed copies of Silent Hill III aren't as hard to find as the sequel. I would say average price for this is between £20-£30 for a sealed copy with PlayStation 2 tear strip

Project Zero II - Firstly, ignore that copy on eBay for £179. It's a blatent reseal, and that Buy It Now is optimistic even if it were a legit seal. Sealed copies of this game are indeed rare, but not that rare. Average selling price is between RRP-£80 depending on demand

If you want a more knowledgeable second opinion, feel free to visit http://www.sealedgameheaven.com/forum/ and ask the experts there

There are only a handful of PAL PS2 games I can think of which are valued above the £100 mark, and MGS II and Project Zero II are certainly not two of them...

EDIT: Just read that you are the owner of that Project Zero II on eBay. If all your games are shrinkwrapped like this, then they're all resealed, as this one is. All the games should come with tear strips

I also notice (Unless you have more than one copy) that it's actually MGS II: Substance you have and not the standard MGS II, in which case it is rarer than the original release and worth on average £75 (If it comes with tear strip), but that doesn't necessarily mean you'd get it if you listed it as a Buy It Now as sealed games these days are becomming too valuable for what collector's are willing to pay for them...
    Last edited by Gemini-Phoenix; 06-17-2009 at 07:57 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

wow your reply totally blew me away
    you're saying that every game that is now sealed with the ps2 strip is actually a reseal ?
    from I saw around here, most of the games dont come with that seal, but shrinkwrapped, and after I spoke with a big distributor he claimed that 99% of them come sealed from the supplier abroad.
    Anyway, from what I have, just Hack and Silent hill are with the tear strip, but I actually hoped they will go for higher prices

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Talking

you're saying that every game that is now sealed with the ps2 strip is actually a reseal ?
    Yup. I have seen (and opened ) many sealed PS2 games and i have never, ever seen one without the strip. No strip == reseal

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

are those reseals made by stores ?

and I actually saw some other games I have, selling for quite a bit on eBay, even though they were without the strip, so I assumed it's OK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

from I saw around here, most of the games dont come with that seal, but shrinkwrapped, and after I spoke with a big distributor he claimed that 99% of them come sealed from the supplier abroad.
    Anyway, from what I have, just Hack and Silent hill are with the tear strip, but I actually hoped they will go for higher prices
    If the game is shrinkwrapped (Like your Project Zero II) then it is a reseal, and you have been told lies because your distributor in your country has bought reseals and is passing them off as factory sealed when in fact they are not.

Here is a picture of these games with legit seals and tear strips:

Final Fantasy X should sell for more than £100, provided it's the original release (Like mine) and not the Platinum one. I sold a second copy I had for about £121 a few month ago, although because yours is a reseal it is probably only worth as much as a used copy, as too is your Project Zero II

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, looks like I'm going to lose some money....I actually paid high prices for some of them recently.... I have Rez, MGSII Substance collector's edition, Wild Arms 3 and some other games.....thought they would be worth something

what's the difference between the black cased MGSII and the clear one ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

what's the difference between the black cased MGSII and the clear one ?
    The black case one doesn't have a barcode, and came bundled with a PS2 console, and the clear case one does have a barcode and was available to buy from stores. The game is exactly the same, with small inlay sleeve details and the case is a different colour

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I tried contacting the distributor again, see what he has to say about it...

what about this copy of SOC:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Shadow-of-the-Colossus-Factory-Sealed-Really-Rare-PAL_W0QQitemZ150351765098QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_PC_ Video_Games_Video_Games_JS?hash=item2301a9de6a&_tr ksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A13|66%3A4|39%3A1| 240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A200

No tear strip there, reseal ?
    Last edited by FFX; 06-17-2009 at 08:44 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll doubt if he will understand what you are talking about and my guess is that he -most probably- also won't care...

But on the positive side:
    a) you now know how to recognise factory sealed games
    b) can rip open that Rez and actually play it. It's an awesome game (loud volume and Rez Trance Vibrator optional)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

^ Thanks but it's kind of too late for that now, after I spent about GBP350 on Ps2 games....guess I gotta learn the hard way...

Anyone interested in buying a factory sealed copy of .Hack outbreak for GBP 350 ?

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the detailed reply jajaja
    No problem

I actually searched my self for the games on ebay and didnt came across sealed copies of them (BTW, the guy with project zero II is me, that listing is just to check the demand)
    From my experience, sometimes the ratio between used and sealed copy can be very high, so it's hard to judge by used copies
    Ah ok, so you are the seller of that Project Zero II, cool Good luck with the auction, i hope that you get a high price for it

Ye, that is true, the price between sealed and non-sealed games can variate alot as you say.

btw,
    I'm sick of the sellers listing unsealed copies as "New", what do you think ?

Thanks
    Ye, if a game is not sealed, i guess it is no real way to prove that it is brand new. If i remove the plastic seal from for example a PS2 game now, take the game carefully out, play the game one time, then carefully placing the game back into the box, then the game can still look brand new, but it would still be used. So if a seller says that an unsealed game is brand new, i guess that it is up to the buyer to trust the buyer if the game has never been used or not, even if the game is unsealed

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini-Phoenix View Post
    Ignore the Startup_Media seller on eBay, their stuff is most likely resealed.
    Do they most likely sell resealed stuff in general, or just this when it comes to this Metal Gear Solid 2 auction? I just checked their Metal Gear Solid 2 auction more closely now by the way, and i see that it says that the game is unsealed, so i guess that this auction wasnt a good way to check the price of a sealed copy of Metal Gear Solid 2 anyway, i am sorry for this mistake I have edited my previous post here and written that this auction didnt contained sealed copies afterall.

I think that you made a good and detailed post about the prices on those PS2 games by the way I dont collect PS2 games that much, but i think that it still can be nice to know the prices for these games, so thanks for the info
    Last edited by jajaja; 06-17-2009 at 01:16 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jajaja View Post
    No problem

Ah ok, so you are the seller of that Project Zero II, cool Good luck with the auction, i hope that you get a high price for it
    Thanks but I probably wont after what yok-dfa said, at least not for the preposterous price I listed it
    but for this game is not such a big deal cause I bought it pretty cheap (~GBP7), so I think I will be able to at least break even. on the FFX copy I have, I paid about GBP 25, so it might be a bit harder to earan money on it

Can you please comment on the Shadow of Colossus ?

What about Lucifer's Call ? I have a few copies of it, can anyone confirm it supposed to come with the PS2 strip ?

Btw, really really thanks for the comments guys! I really appreciate you taking the time to help a noob like myself
    Last edited by FFX; 06-17-2009 at 02:54 PM.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Some stuff that blew my mind and questions...

So in pal land, MGS2 has a not for resale copy? Is there a NFRS copy for the us/ntsc?

.Hack outbreak, is the rarest of the .hacks in pal land? Over here its Quarantine that's the rarest. But for some reason the outbreak demo, is by far the rarest out of the 4 demos, even the 2 trade demos too. Wonder why the 3rd is the rarest over there?

Whats the bonus dvd in ff10?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

From wiki:
    The International and PAL versions includes a bonus DVD called Beyond Final Fantasy, a disc including interviews with the game's developers, and two of the game's English voice actors, James Arnold Taylor (Tidus) and Hedy Burress (Yuna). Also included are trailers for Final Fantasy X and Kingdom Hearts, a concept and promotional art gallery for the game, and a music video of "Suteki Da Ne" performed by RIKKI.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

what about this copy of SOC:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Shadow-of-the-Colossus-Factory-Sealed-Really-Rare-PAL_W0QQitemZ150351765098QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_PC_ Video_Games_Video_Games_JS?hash=item2301a9de6a&_tr ksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A13|66%3A4|39%3A1| 240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A200

No tear strip there, reseal ?
    Looks legit, and I think you'll find that there is a clear tear strip about an inch from the bottom, although it's hard to see in this picture

Quote Originally Posted by jajaja View Post
    Do they most likely sell resealed stuff in general, or just this when it comes to this Metal Gear Solid 2 auction? I just checked their Metal Gear Solid 2 auction more closely now by the way, and i see that it says that the game is unsealed, so i guess that this auction wasnt a good way to check the price of a sealed copy of Metal Gear Solid 2 anyway, i am sorry for this mistake I have edited my previous post here and written that this auction didnt contained sealed copies afterall.

I think that you made a good and detailed post about the prices on those PS2 games by the way I dont collect PS2 games that much, but i think that it still can be nice to know the prices for these games, so thanks for the info
    Um, yes and no. They do have a large stock of legit sealed games, although they do also have a few (Such as Konami titles) which may be shrinkwrapped which they state are factory sealed simply because they are clueless, and like many other large business sellers, they just don't care enough to tell the difference.

You'll find that many business sellers and distributors tend to assume that the stock they are selling is factory sealed because that's what they have been told, but don't realise that somewhere else down the line they may have been resealed, either by a wholesaler or someone else who the stock was previously sold to and returned

In FFX's case, you'll probably find that the distributor you got your games from got hold of them cheaply (Because they are reseals) and thought he could pass them off as factory sealed to a buyer in another country - The distributor is probably a moron and completely clueless about such things, or has taken advantage of your naivity and has fobbed you off with a story about 'This is how they come...'

Quote Originally Posted by bcks007 View Post
    .Hack outbreak, is the rarest of the .hacks in pal land? Over here its Quarantine that's the rarest. But for some reason the outbreak demo, is by far the rarest out of the 4 demos, even the 2 trade demos too. Wonder why the 3rd is the rarest over there?
    Yes, for some reason the third part of the quadrilogy had a lower print run (Apparently) and has held its price well

What about Lucifer's Call ? I have a few copies of it, can anyone confirm it supposed to come with the PS2 strip ?
    Um, yes it is supposed to have the PS2 tear strip. Don't tell me you got suckered into buying loads of reseals? I also have this game if you need visual confirmation...

And again, your asking price for this game is far too high, even if it were a tear strip version. It's not as rare as the American SMT: Nocturne, and many people seem to believe it is. I would say a tear strip sealed version is worth in the region of £15-£25, but a resealed copy is worth as much as a used copy in my opinion
    Last edited by Gemini-Phoenix; 06-18-2009 at 03:22 AM.