Thread: Sango Fighter released as freeware!

Never let dreams die! CMA Death Adder's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default Sango Fighter released as freeware!

Hello, everyone.

As of today, June 18, 2009, I am happy to announce that both the English and Chinese editions of the PC fighting game, Sango Fighter, are now available for free download directly from the www.sangofighter.com website! This, following Super Fighter Team's acquisition of full legal rights to Sango Fighter, as well as three others from Panda Entertainment's back catalog, on February 24, 2009.

Many of you should be aware of Sango Fighter, which was one of Taiwan's most popular fighting games of all time. Focusing on the Three Kingdoms period of ancient China, its plot revolves around Liu Pei and his generals as they attempt to stop the efforts of Tsau Tsau. It's a wonderful game that offers infinite replayability.

The story of our newest acquisition is rather interesting, and it involved a lot of work: Over a five year period, I spent much time doing research about and communication with former employees of Panda Entertainment. It turns out that the rights to the company's games had been sold to another company, but no one could remember the name of their president. After doing some more digging I discovered his name and current place of business, and contacted him directly. Following some negotiation I was able to acquire what I had set out to acquire: full legal rights to half of Panda Entertainment's back catalog. This includes the following games: Crazy Dodgeball, Sango Fighter, Sango Fighter 2, Tough Guy. Each of these games were originally released on the PC (DOS) platform, and the original Sango Fighter was also ported to the Super A'can.

Since each of these games were developed by Jon Cheng, who also developed our namesake Super Fighter, and since Sango Fighter has had a special place in my heart since childhood, the realization of uniting both games under our company name is a dream come true.

I invite you all to visit the official Sango Fighter website to download and enjoy this game for free, as well as read the story and character biographies which have been translated into English.

Thank-you for your attention. Have a nice day.
    Cruise by Diskman Presents : filled with geektastic classic gaming goodness!

Ladd Spencer (Level 17)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Scooterb23

Talk about a nostalgia trip. I think I may still have my shareware demo disk around here somewhere.

Man, I loved buying up those random blue disks back in the early PC days. You never knew what you may find.
    gamesandgrub.blogspot.com - My blog about boardgames, and sometimes food.
    roomwithaviewmaster.tumblr.com - My blog about Viewmaster collecting

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jdotaku

sweet as always thanks man!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yeah, the shareware version of Sango Fighter that we got in the West was pretty much the only decent fighting game I remember playing in DOS other than One Must Fall and then later perhaps Xenophobe, so this is pretty cool...

Is this the same as the registered version of old English shareware version, or are they different? I know I've read about that before, but forget the details there. I only ever had the shareware though, so it doesn't matter that much really... just interested.
    Last edited by A Black Falcon; 06-18-2009 at 11:22 PM.

Professional Geek Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Sweet! I had the demo as well back in the day. In fact, I was just thinking about this game a few days ago.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default ...

Quote Originally Posted by A Black Falcon View Post
    Is this the same as the registered version of old English shareware version, or are they different?
    Yes, it is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Thank You!!! This is awesome!

I found my shareware disk of this a month or two ago and had been wanting to track down the full version. Having said you gained the rights to Panda Softwares backlog, hopefully this means we will also get Sango Fighter II released in the future.

As usual, keep up the good work SuperFighter Team!!!
    If a god is willing to prevent evil, but not able, then he is not omnipotent. If he is able, but not willing, then he must be malevolent. If he is both willing and able, then why is there evil? If he is neither able or willing then why call him a god?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default ...

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith Storm View Post
    Thank You!!! This is awesome!
    It's my pleasure. I've loved this same since childhood.

I found my shareware disk of this a month or two ago and had been wanting to track down the full version.
    Have fun playing!

Having said you gained the rights to Panda Softwares backlog, hopefully this means we will also get Sango Fighter II released in the future.
    That's the plan, yes. Although I can't guarantee when that will be.