Thread: Saturn or PAR 4MB Cart problem?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Bloodreign75

Default Saturn or PAR 4MB Cart problem?

I have a set of known good Super Adventure Rockman discs that boot fine in an emu and have no visible damage. THey boot intermittently with my Pro Action replay Plus in my Saturn when other discs work fine. I am trying to determine if the problem lies with the PAR or the Saturn lens as the discs are obviously not the problem.

Tried with Pulirula as well, the game seems to get stuck on the Now Loading screen and that disc runs fine as well in an emulator, it also ran fine on my first playthrough of the game.

Could it be a Saturn laser lens problem , or should I invest in another PAR? I've had the PAR cart for about 2 years now, and lord knows how old that cart was when I got it off ebay.

Edit: The Taito games I have seem to now run fine with the Saurn and the Action Replay Plus 4MB cart, but SAR refuses to run anymore at all, again the Super Adventure Island Rockman games run fine via SSF emulation. Perhaps Super Adventure Rockman is one of those games that will not work with a PAR, but only with a Japanese Saturn (I knew of only one game that I read about long ago that did this, it wasn't SAR, but I remember it being a shooter), weird thing is SAR fired up the first time I tried it out, but wouldn't run on the Saturn again afterwards, all 3 discs were tested and all 3 wwere in working order.

Definetly an oddity.
    Last edited by Bloodreign; 06-19-2009 at 10:29 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Could be a problem with the cart. I've got a chipped US Saturn and it's a bit flakey when I try boot imports on cd-r with a PAR cartridge. Like maybe 10-20% of the time I'll have to reset the game to get it to boot. I never have any problems with US releases though (legit or copies).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Bloodreign75

I did have some sound issues when I ran Gradius 2 off the Gradius Deluxe Pack about a week or two ago, I figured it was maybe having an LCD flatscreen TV, that and the Saturn not liking one another. Yet that PAR might be dying a slow death, looks like it might be time to invest in another PAR before I lose the saves I already have on this one.

The funny thing is, all these games are real copies that were gotten for me as a gift from my friend Arasoi (he directed me to try for an answer here on DP, and it seems like you and he agree on the same thing, PAR issue), and the PAR only seems to really dislike one game the most, Super Adventure Rockman.

Also I appreciate the response.