Thread: Another Grail Has Arrived AKA The Drunk Driving Simulator

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Another Grail Has Arrived AKA The Drunk Driving Simulator

Well after a few years of not quite so hard looking another of my longtime grails was picked up and placed in it's new home. As there is no way this beast will get past the fxxking U-turn in my stairs it's sitting next to the other the won't fit; the EDOT. For our family and friends, the Race Drivin' Compact is open and ready for drivers. I know it doesn't get a ton of love around some forums but I have always truly enjoyed both Hard and Race Drivin. Many a quarter went into one whenever I came across one back in the day. It's in great shape all around except it doesn't have the side art, but I'm not too worried abut that. The cab is perfect the monitor has some burn but very acceptable. With nary a scratch on it I'm very very happy to have added it to the family.
    Last edited by vespertillio; 06-20-2009 at 11:30 PM.
    - I don't really like my friends. Yeah, I don't really like your friends either. -
    Lee Harvey Oswald was not a male model... You're god damn right he wasn't, but those two lookers who capped Kennedy from the grassy knoll sure as shit were.-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Awesome!

I'm a big fan of both Race & Hard Drivin'. Hard Driving taught me how to drive stick shift before I even had a driver’s license.
    I think seeing the pictures of your unit has just kindled a need to find one of those for myself!

How does the force feedback work on that wheel?
    Don't those Atari wheels apply a good bit of torque? ..or maybe I was just scrawny back then.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ya know. They apply a pretty good amount. I know it's less than I remeber as a kid, but it's still there and it applies just enough I think.
    - I don't really like my friends. Yeah, I don't really like your friends either. -
    Lee Harvey Oswald was not a male model... You're god damn right he wasn't, but those two lookers who capped Kennedy from the grassy knoll sure as shit were.-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Nice score!

I remember the wheel vibrating and shaking like crazy as a kid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I remember sliding around way too much like I was driving on ice, and hitting that damn cow standing in front of the barn a few times too many.

There used to be an F.Y.E. store in Irving Mall that had a little arcade tucked away in the back. They took over the space left by a small arcade, and I guess they bought their old machines and brought in some new ones. Anyway, they had a Hard Drivin' there, with a squeaky chair and shockingly strong force feedback. I always gave it a go when I'd stop by, mainly because the arcade was always deserted and it seemed a bit sad to pass it by. So it was Hard Drivin' and Gauntlet: Dark Legacy that I'd go for. Then Circuit City moved into the mall, and F.Y.E. was gone the next time I visited.