* Varied speeds entry cards in the lot
    * Entrance of the cards in a group game at a time
    * Changes to position the numbers on the card during the match
    * Fixed rule COMBO
    * Presentation of the game before loading

http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1755
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP8QGAkRs1s
    http://www.psp-ita.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28421
    This is only a homebrew of course but what they've done to it is amazing. The game is a wifi homebrew game so you actually create an account, you have a friends list that you can message and chat with or you can just play against random people, etc. Now there has been another Triple Triad for PSP, but it only let you use level 1 cards, it'd end up crashing alot, you couldn't customize your deck, couldn't play against other people, etc(so in short, it sucked.)

Watch the Youtube video of it and it may just interest you(the Youtube video is in 2007, which shows just how long this game has been in the works.) Now if only Wololo/Willow implements homebrew on Wagic: the Gathering(Magic: the Gathering.)

*edit*

Oh yeah. I also just downloaded it, so if everything isn't implemented then sorry. But I'm assuming from the video that it's done(will try it out tonight to say or not.)
    Last edited by kupomogli; 06-22-2009 at 06:39 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

If only I still had my PSP. I'd be all over this like stink on rice.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Well. Tried the game. Currently the option mode and the online mode are unable to be entered. The game is a 22mb zip file so it seems these options will be unlocked in future updates(because English is in the games .ini files but since you can't go to options you can't change it into English yet.)

So right now the game allows you to play a random match between the PC. You get to choose between any deck that's available and level increments of 1-3, 4-6, 7-10 and what you want to play as(plus, same, elemental, combo -- wall is not available.)

The game plays full speed as far as I can tell. Definitely can't wait until the online mode is unlocked(I'd also like options unlocked as well.)

*edit*

Actually. If I knew how to code AT ALL I'd release a homebrew of XenoCard. I put more time into that game when playing Xenosaga than anything else on it(including the main game might I add.) I'd say this one is my favorite mini game of all time and it really makes me wonder why we don't have fan versions of this one all over the place.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 06-22-2009 at 10:46 PM.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This was a sick addition to FFVIII. I really need to play that game again. What an awesome RPG.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by unwinddesign View Post
    This was a sick addition to FFVIII. I really need to play that game again. What an awesome RPG.
    There is no shortage of people who will disagree.

I certainly don't see what the fuss over Triple Triad was. I spent a considerable amount of time in FFVIII resetting repeatedly to get the rules in different regions down to something vaguely winnable, and then resetting some more when I lost rare cards in the pursuit of other rare cards.

Is this substantially different from those other Triple Triad clones, then?
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

If Triple Triad Gold(which before only allowed you to play random cards and levels 1-3) is the same as before, then it sucks.

Triple Triad Advance(http://www.ttadvance.ca/) is basically a PC version and probably the best version(except you have to keep refreshing the screen.) This version will essentially be what PC versions with a built in friends list, etc.

This homebrew currently has all the cards but the online feature has yet to be unlocked. It's got everything but same and plus wall, so currently is essentially the same as all the other versions.

Once online is unlocked, it'll be just like Triple Triad Advance. Where you can purchase cards, bet cards, etc. It'll have its own friends list in the game as well. I'd say it's going to be amazing once it's fully completed.

--

The game plays almost perfect. Full speed, music is good(exact same music used in FF8 for the card game.) Scrolling through the menu is just like your average FF and scrolls through quickly. The tutorial is fairly indepth showing you what each type of rule is etc.

I've noticed one flaw though. I was playing and I got a same rule on a card. The card did a combo and flipped the other card(both cards were 5 so they had the same strength and shouldn't have been flipped with a combo. However, when playing other games, any card that the combo isn't equal, it works.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Blitzwing256's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

I remeber finding out about the ds version of this a few days after getting my ds flash thing, and for the life of me i coudln't get the thing to work...it'd crash either at the "start" screen or after a single match in game (aparnetly it was just coded to work on emualtors and not real hardware.

I have a psp somewhere but have no clue where i put the charger...so looks like i'm out of luck...boo hoo for me ;-)