Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FxMercenary
    PSN
    Gronkus

Default The Conduit - Wii

Has anyone else picked this up yet? I pre-ordered the special edition from Gamestop and picked it up today...

Very lackluster game =/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Actually the reviewers are saying it plays wonderfully, but the designs and story are generic.

So it seems to be what people expected and wanted. If I was into FPS I would buy it today to support the hard work HVS put into this game.
    "Tell her you want to slide a hot throbbing cartridge in her warm tight console port. And if it starts blinking and flashing to just slide it back out and blow on it a little."--Sothy

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chicnstu View Post
    Actually the reviewers are saying it plays wonderfully, but the designs and story are generic.

So it seems to be what people expected and wanted. If I was into FPS I would buy it today to support the hard work HVS put into this game.
    it sucks that non-casual Wii gamers have to buy only-halfway decent non-casual games (Conduit, Madworld) just to try to get developers to put out grade A games for non-casual gamers for the Wii.

ooooOOOOHHH RUSTY!!! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FxMercenary
    PSN
    Gronkus

i guess i need to give it more play, but yea it looks pretty good, but the story just seems zzzzz.

I now own 15 Wii games =) MUST... SUPPORT... NINTENDO!!!!

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I picked it up this afternoon, I'm anxious to give it a shot. I don't play tons of FPSs so I think I'll enjoy it. It's all about expectation. I'm sure it's no Bioshock, but then, neither was Red Steel and I had a lot of fun with that.
    If you can't do it with 8 bits, you don't need to do it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Planning to pick this up BUT was rather surprised at how lukewarm or eager to almost downplay this game's greatness the staff was in the latest IGN Nintendo Voice Chat podcast.

IGN seemed to have been hyping this game so much for the past year or more and now they seem to think it's a good game but nothing super special...
    Sony, we will NEVER forget nor forgive. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G0LlXv-nyI

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

Not any more surprising as game magazines hyping and praising certain games, then a few years later putting them on their "Worst Of" lists.

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Conduit - 7.9 out of 10 overall so far. A good, solid, worthy purchase, but not mind-blowing.

Based on the reviews I've read, The Conduit features pretty nice graphics, uninspired art direction, great controls, a solid single-player mode, and great online multiplayer modes.

According to IGN, the graphics technology and engine powering The Conduit is impressive, but is plagued by bland art direction. The good news is that High Voltage is already tweaking and improving the engine for its upcoming 2010 game The Grinder. Judging from screenshots and videos, The Grinder looks like it has way better art direction than The Conduit, which results in a much nicer-looking Wii game.

As solid as The Conduit is, IGN is actually more excited about the upcoming Red Steel 2 and Silent Hill: Shattered Memories.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was planning on picking this up too because my Wii seriously needs some love. Although it may be getting so-so reviews, you have to keep in mind that this is a Wii game and that theres not many other fps games on the Wii that are better than this. I realize thats not saying much but you gotta take the good with the bad
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How did you guys already pick this up today?!

All of my local BestBuys state their systems show they have it, but they have the release date as June 25th?! Target shows the same thing. And when I went to these stores, I was given the same answer after employees looked in the back to make sure.

In addition, when I check gamestop's website, they don't show any stores within a 100 mile radius of me as having any in yet either.

I thought the release date was the 23rd, making the game available today. But now I'm seeing that it's release date is the 25th?! Seems strange as hell to release a game on a Thursday?

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jdotaku

maybe places are breaking street dates happens all the time. I used to do it on purpose. anyway I'll pick it up just not sure I will do so at full price. Probably at 30 bucks like I intend to do with madworld

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    loonieman

Very interested in this one. Not many good Wii games out there, and not many GAMES that have a soundtrack by Rick Nielsen of Cheap Trick.

I will keep a close eye on the reviews. Anyone else recommend it?

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I picked it up yesterday and played for an hour or so - some online, some offline. First impressions are good. Online works really well, and the controls are perfect. Single player is pretty fun so far - I liked the over-the-top X-Files theme and the constant action. It's not Bioshock, but I'll definitely play through it.

I joined one 12-player, 10 minute deathmatch and didn't have a hitch. The level we played in was big without being empty, there was a nice variety of weapons, there was practically no lag, I didn't have to wait long to find 11 opponents. I like that you accumulate score & rank after each match. Online seems really well fleshed-out, and even though I'm not a huge FPS guy (especially online), I think I'll spend a lot of time here.

I think MP3: Corruption looks better than The Conduit, mostly due to its silky smooth 60fps. That said, The Conduit has some great effects, like the ASE and the weapons and fire. Overall it's a good-looking game. The aliens look completely ripped off from Halo, though, which was a little weird.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I might pick this up in a few months or when the price drops. I'm just skeptical about games on the Wii, especially FPS. At least the online sounds decent.

Plus I'm trying to finish my Xbox 360 games before buying anymore.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i like how it is hyped as "the best fps on the wii". there are like what - 1 or 2 other fps games? and they are kind of bad if i remember right. its not like there is any competition!

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

like how it is hyped as "the best fps on the wii". there are like what - 1 or 2 other fps games? and they are kind of bad if i remember right. its not like there is any competition!
    There are four "good" FPSs on Wii in my opinion, though I completely expect that a bunch of people won't agree with my 4th:
    1. MP3 Corruption seems more polished overall (including graphically), though it's a pretty different style of game and my time w/ The Conduit is obviously very limited compared to a full 25+ hour play-through of MP3. Of course, MP3 has no online.
    2. Haven't played CoD:World at War for Wii, but I hear nothing but good things.
    3. Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 was excellent, and featured a light gun mode, but The Conduit has a more full-featured online and in my opinion a more fun and interesting single player. WW2 has just been done to death. Online was fun in MoH:H2, but limited.
    4. I really enjoyed Red Steel quite a bit, though I can understand the criticism of it. The Conduit controls way better, has great online, and definitely looks better overall. Red Steel certainly isn't an A title, but I found it a very fun launch game and I'm looking forward to the sequel.

There are a quite a few "third tier" FPSs on Wii - Medal of Honor: Vanguard, CoD 3, etc. Bad controls and presentation make these pretty iffy, but they are out there. I'm probably missing some.
    Last edited by BydoEmpire; 06-25-2009 at 03:13 PM.

Apple (Level 5) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WGMeets
    PSN
    wgmeets
    Steam
    wgmeets

I am looking forward to getting the Conduit when I get some cash lying around, but for now it's going to have to wait a bit. I agree on the Red Steel criticism and liking Medal of Honor Heroes 2. MoH actually surprised me, I spent a good amount online with it, sure I sucked but it was fun regardless. I know alot of work went into Conduit, and most do to so it tends to be a little more valuable to some just because of the love and dedication they gave into it. Plus it's their first game, so for that it seems like it's pretty good.