Thread: Problem with a deal (mods - correct forum?)

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Problem with a deal (mods - correct forum?)

Just wondering how the DP community would handle this. I bought a big group of games from someone yesterday. I was told by email that there were about 1000 games and a bunch of manuals. Asking price was 4500. When I stopped by I looked things over but not particularly closely. I saw mainly saw nes commons (8+ copies of golf?) with some nice rares in there (mermaids of atlantis, power blade 2, dw4). I didn't price it out b/c it would have taken a couple hours, it seemed like it was a decent deal and the person seemed trustworthy so I didn't worry about overpaying.

Now, the person is contacting me wanting more money. I paid 4300 and got the carts. Today I get an email from this person asking for 500 more. I really don't want to be a #@$ about things. I think I got a good deal (even though i haven't had a chance to do much more than see what some of the titles are), but he seems to think that i got too good of a deal. its not like i was (or am) trying to rip him off.

any suggestions? shell out 500 as a show of good faith or something? forget about it?
    Last edited by backguard; 06-25-2009 at 05:12 PM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've given somebody an extra $10 when shipping was higher then expected, but there's no way i'm shelling out an extra $500.

If you've already paid him the money, the deal is final. If he doesn't fork over the carts, file against him in small claims court.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A deals a deal is how I've usually dealt with things. If something unforeseen happened like Programming Ace said I might cut them some slack for shipping but there's no way I'd give another $500 just because the other guy made a bad deal.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tofu View Post
    A deals a deal is how I've usually dealt with things. If something unforeseen happened like Programming Ace said I might cut them some slack for shipping but there's no way I'd give another $500 just because the other guy made a bad deal.
    and i seriously question whether he even made a bad deal in the first place. it just sucks that he feels he got ripped off and it came to this.

Apple (Level 5) Shadow Kisuragi's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

$4.50 per game/manual? I know that there are some rare games, but he got a decent deal in return for this. I'd side with ProgrammingAce on this one, as he came up with the figure and agreed to it. It's not your fault he made what he thinks is a bad decision. Don't pay the extra $500...if it's for shipping, I'd say come to a compromise if anything.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yep just make sure you have copies of all communication to cover your ass. But no don't give him another dime. Shipping miscalculations are one thing, its another thing to change the rules of the deal after money has changed hands.
    You did what? With who? For how many cookies?
    Always looking for promotional materials and classic gaming commercials in print and video form
    my feedback-http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48618

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

You obviously owe him nothing, the deal is done.
    It depends what was is there, but I am sure that he got more than a fair amount... When buying big collections in bulk and throwing down hundreds or thousands of dollars on games most of the commons should be valued very low.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wait, i just re-read the post... Not only did you pay, but you already received the carts? Yeah... I wouldn't pay a dime. I wouldn't even communicate with the dude anymore, it's not worth the headache.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Tell him that the value of the games did not add up to what you were expecting and you would like $500 back. If he doesn't immediately agree you may have to give back his 8 copies of golf to sweeten the deal.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Sniderman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Tell him to pound sand and do his homework next time.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I dont know, markIII has a nice deal pleaser.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Is the guy going to help you post a thousand ebay auctions and package a thousand games and go to the PO a thousand times? A deal is a deal, you dont go back and ask for more after the deal is done. Tell him you dont do business like that.

BTW....I need a Bonk's, Rescue Rangers 2, Flintstones 2: Surprise, Moon Ranger and a few more commons. Drop me a PM if ya gotta any of those?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Fuyukaze008

He doesnt have a leg to stand on this late in the sale. If he wants to re-negotiate, do ask MarkIII says and ask for the 500 in your favor. Obviously they fail to realize the deal is already done. If you havent got all you were buying though you may have to look at small claims court to have him honor the agreement.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I actually got an apology email a little bit ago. This guy seemed pretty cool so I am surprised that he acted like that. Ah well...game on...

Strawberry (Level 2) guitargary75's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

At least it worked out in the end.