Thread: Demon's Soul

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Demon's Soul

Gotta admit i'm thoroughly enjoying Sacred 2 atm and really don't need another game, but dang this looks really good, like Baldur's Gate on steroids.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/me...ns-souls/52055

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have heard this game is VERY hard, to the point of "I want to break my controller" hard... I know someone here got the import. I wonder though. I did like what I saw.
    With a humble heart, on bended knee...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was interested in this game until I heard about its difficulty. Sounds like a generally more interesting and fleshed out version of Monster Hunter marred by a ridiculously stupid high difficulty level.

There's no way in hell that I'll be buying it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know people who own Demon's Souls, and they love it. If you look at the reviews and such from Japan, they all are glowing and highly positive. The difficulty is the only thing that turns people off.

TC is the first person I've heard say anything good about Sacred 2 though, particularly if he's playing the console port.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Demon's Souls is a great game, though you really need to have patience because of its high difficulty. I bought the Asian version (which is 100% in English) and finished it a few months ago.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snapple View Post
    I know people who own Demon's Souls, and they love it. If you look at the reviews and such from Japan, they all are glowing and highly positive. The difficulty is the only thing that turns people off.

TC is the first person I've heard say anything good about Sacred 2 though, particularly if he's playing the console port.
    really? does sacred 2 suck? it has been on my list of games to play when they drop in price some.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by backguard View Post
    really? does sacred 2 suck? it has been on my list of games to play when they drop in price some.
    Yeah, it's weird...I've read nothing but good things from players about the game. And the reviews I've read say it's great, just not very unique.

EDIT: Whoops, on topic: I'm looking forward to Demon's Souls.
    "Tell her you want to slide a hot throbbing cartridge in her warm tight console port. And if it starts blinking and flashing to just slide it back out and blow on it a little."--Sothy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Bigarse topic over at Shmups Forum on this game; considering the developer it's very nearly enough to make me get a PS3.

Well, it wouldn't hurt if the system came down in price even more, and I'm wary of fees. Ah well. Sounds like a winner, but there's so many games out now...

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Limited edition preorder that comes with a 150 page strategy guide and a slipcover for 69.99. If it's anything like Persona 3 limited edition that came with the artbook and game, then we'll probably see it on Amazon when hardly anyone preorders the game.

I think Atlus is including this for the reason that the Asian version can now be purchased for fairly cheap and they probably figured it wasn't such a good move localizing this in the US after all. Take some losses and hope people preorder the game with guide. I don't really use guides, don't collect guides, so I may not pick this version up.

*edit*

Btw. When I said take some losses. They won't be losing money, just won't gain as much as they've probably hoped for.

Atlus has been spoiling its fans with soundtracks, posters, art books, and plushies for a while now. There will be no exception with the upcoming PlayStation 3 release of Demon's Souls.

Not only will those that pre-order Demon's Souls receive a bonus art book, but Atlus is also releasing a Demon's Souls limited edition. Included in this limited edition will be a 150+ page strategy guide that cannot be obtained anywhere else, and the game case will be housed inside of a collectible slip-cover.

The regular edition of Demon's Souls will retail for $59.99, while the limited edition will be priced at $69.99. A solid release date for this hardcore RPG was also announced recently at the Anime Expo 2009. Demon's Souls will hit North American retailers on October 6, 2009.

http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q3-2009/070509a.html
    Last edited by kupomogli; 07-05-2009 at 09:33 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    Limited edition preorder that comes with a 150 page strategy guide and a slipcover for 69.99. If it's anything like Persona 3 limited edition that came with the artbook and game, then we'll probably see it on Amazon when hardly anyone preorders the game.

I think Atlus is including this for the reason that the Asian version can now be purchased for fairly cheap and they probably figured it wasn't such a good move localizing this in the US after all. Take some losses and hope people preorder the game with guide. I don't really use guides, don't collect guides, so I may not pick this version up.
    Can't find anywhere to preorder the limited edition yet. Anyone see a place?

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuken View Post
    Can't find anywhere to preorder the limited edition yet. Anyone see a place?
    Preorder isn't available until Wednesday, July 8th according to Atlus. Not sure why. Actually kind of annoys me since I already had the regular version pre-ordered on Amazon for $51 with my ECA discount and gold box and now I want to cancel and change over to this. Amazon and Gamestop should both be listing it.