Thread: Boxed Japanese Sega Master System

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Boxed Japanese Sega Master System

Hey guys, what is a boxed Japanese Sega Master System worth? I put one up for sale, and the only guide I could find for its value was to go by the rarity guide's price on digital press. I can't really find any completed item listings on ebay or anything of that sort.

Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Firebomber7

They sell in the $200 (20,000yen) range at Traders 2 and Super Potato in Akihabara. There's one on Yahoo Auctions in Japan now for 18,000yen (nearly $200). These are all boxed. So, seems to be worth about $200.

Hopefully that helps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Breetai View Post
    They sell in the $200 (20,000yen) range at Traders 2 and Super Potato in Akihabara. There's one on Yahoo Auctions in Japan now for 18,000yen (nearly $200). These are all boxed. So, seems to be worth about $200.

Hopefully that helps.
    Thanks. Looks like I'm just going to ebay it.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tubeway View Post
    Thanks. Looks like I'm just going to ebay it.
    No offense man, but you should really do your research before you put items up for sale, not after. You put this up for sale here last night for $90 shipped, then subsequently increased the price to $120 shipped, now you're just going to eBay with it. Bad form. It's understandable that you may not know the value of an item you wish to sell and one wouldn't expect you to sell said item for half what it's worth (unless you need quick cash or something) but pricing research should be done in advance, not the day after you've already started a sale thread containing the item (with a price on it, no less) and received interest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PingvinBlueJeans View Post
    No offense man, but you should really do your research before you put items up for sale, not after. You put this up for sale here last night for $90 shipped, then subsequently increased the price to $120 shipped, now you're just going to eBay with it. Bad form. It's understandable that you may not know the value of an item you wish to sell and one wouldn't expect you to sell said item for half what it's worth (unless you need quick cash or something) but pricing research should be done in advance, not the day after you've already started a sale thread containing the item (with a price on it, no less) and received interest.
    You make some good points PBJ, and I really can't disagree with most of what you've said. I've sold a ton of stuff here at great prices, and that's the first time I've made a pricing mistake like that. I was in a rush. That said, I raised the price less than five minutes after I posted the listing. The only person that expressed interest was you, and I didn't read your message until afterwards. And while I did say I was going to put it on ebay in this thread, I actually didn't. It sat in my for sale thread and eventually sold to a member here at my asking price. When I posted this thread, nobody was interested in the system at the price I had it listed for, so I thought that perhaps it was too high. I'm sure you've made your share of mistakes here, too. It happens and everything's cool, now.
    Last edited by tubeway; 07-02-2009 at 05:44 AM.