If you had the money & the time... Would you perhaps be inclined to buy up all the copies you could find of an already rare game, in order to create the illusion that a specific game were actually much rarer than believed?

For example, provided you had the cashflow, would you perhaps buy up every original copy of NWC (NES) you could find, and hoard them? Would this then make any other existing copies rarer? Or increase the value of copies already owned? Likewise, what about sealed copies of games like Chrono Trigger (NTSC U SNES)? Obviously aiming to buy as many copies of NWC as you could is a much easier task as you know exactly how many copies exist, and thus every aquired copy would increase the value of remaining copies owned...

Would anyone be so selfish though? It's a thought which has passed through my mind many a time when watching videogame auctions for rare games such as this, and I think to myself: "If only I had unlimited funds...". I have seen many copies of NWC for sale over the years, and just wondered whether any one person ever considered buying all of them? Especially all of the gold NWC carts, few as they are.

Also, if you were inclinded to do such a thing, and had the funds, would you keep it a secret? Obviously if people caught onto what you were up to then there could be repurcussions amongst the various gaming and collecting communities, so would you perhaps collecct such things in secret and only let on that you owned one copy, when in fact you may actually own multiple copies of a rare game?