Thread: Different PS2 Cover types

Insert Coin (Level 0) calistarwind's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Different PS2 Cover types

I have two copies of the exact same game, Fatal Frame III. My question is both of these games seem to have the original covers, they look exactly the same, however one is a thin paper cover and the other is made of a slighty thicker cardboard like paper. Is there a reason the covers would be different, other than cost? Has anyone else seen this before with the same game?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm guessing the cardboard like paper version is the original, while the paper like one is the newer reprint they did of the game a while back for Game Quest Direct. It would go a long with the other cost cutting measures like removing the memory card holder and security / ID top label.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow, i never noticed, or figured that art covers could be the same. I figured going into this topic, you would have a very slightly different artwork variant, but i had no idea you meant the paper used to make it.

Could you post a screen shot with them side by side? Are both artworks perfect in relation to everything back and front?, but not quality of paper of course.

Insert Coin (Level 0) calistarwind's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thank you for the response Dangerboy. I thought it may have something to do with an original vs. a reprint but was not for sure.

Even if I took a picture of the two of them it would be near impossible to tell which was paper and which was the thicker cardboard, they are exactly the same in every way. I posted here because I honestly seen no difference other than the quality of the paper used to print the artwork.

One copy belongs to a friend of mine who is not a collector and told me I could choose the best of the two copies for my collection which is how I spotted the two types. I am really picky so I was staring at the covers for some time.