Thread: Thoughts on Stranglehold for 360?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    haasinhampton

Default Thoughts on Stranglehold for 360?

I started playing strangehold yesterday and am really impressed by the game, althoughts it repetitive and pretty easy, the combat is so much fun. Does anyone else have any thoughts on the game?
    Autobots. Roll out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Beat back when it came out, a very solidly-made game. I never got bored, though some of the action got rather repetitive, that's the way these type of games work. Run, shoot, dodge, repeat. What I didn't like were those quick-reaction events, where you stop in one spot and have to take down so many people standing around you. It got old quick. Otherwise, the locations were varied, the gameplay very fun, the story decent, and the boss fights enjoyable. If you liked Max Payne, you'll like Strangehold. John Woo's type of thing is great, and it fits the game well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's a decent game - I enjoy the disc more for the hi-def version of Hard Boiled that's on the PS3 collector's version though.

Insert Coin (Level 0) adam_devry's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Its good the only thing i didnt like was how you can be just standing next to a table no running nothing and you can just slide across it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I beat this game a few months ago multiple times and really enjoyed it. At the time, I kept saying that this game was the closest I'd get to a next/current gen Max Payne, but recently MP3 finally got announced. Anyway, I enjoyed the action, story and slight plot twist. I liked the quick time events except for when playing on the harder difficulties. On those settings you have to damn near be perfect with your shots to clear those areas. The only regret I have is that I never got to play it online. I tried to once and there was four people in the lobby, but before it started the host signed off and the game never started. Oh well.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    haasinhampton

Ya the thing where you stand in one spot is beyond unrealistic, lol. Im also starting to play kane and lynch, kameo, and i might try out oblivion, im a little behind on my 360 games. I have never played max payne in my life, how similar is it to strangehold?
    Autobots. Roll out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by garagesaleking!! View Post
    Ya the thing where you stand in one spot is beyond unrealistic, lol. Im also starting to play kane and lynch, kameo, and i might try out oblivion, im a little behind on my 360 games. I have never played max payne in my life, how similar is it to strangehold?

Max Payne 1 & 2 are both SO much better than Stranglehold, but play almost identically. Just with one of the best stories in action games, far grittier film-noir and, personally, a bit more satisfying

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nesmaster
    PSN
    Nesman

If you enjoy Stranglehold definitely check out Max Payne. I couldn't get into the first one but I've been through the second a few times.

I enjoyed Stranglehold myself, although the game is really easy, even on Hardboiled mode. Well, except for a few of the boss battles...

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Great game. I owned it on the 360 first but then purchased the PS3 Collector's Edition version for 19.99 after I sold the 360 and all my games.

The PS3 version has Hard Boiled that runs at 1080p while I'd assume the collector's edition of the 360 version(which I didn't have,) would run at 480i? The movie is really good although unrealistic, and definitely worth the 19.99 alone, so having the movie and the game both on one disc is very satisfying since it's one of the better next gen Midway games we've received.

Amazing shootemup with the ability to use pretty much everything as cover or some sortof support(like kicking up a table and ducking behind it, jumping across a table, swinging across a chandelier, etc.)

Just like 1 2 P, I've never played the game multiplayer. I'd have someone buy it just so I could play multiplayer, but how good would the multiplayer even be you have to think? It's nothing more than deathmatch pretty much.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Multiplayer sucks ass. I am not a fan of this "tacked on" multiplayer that every game this gen seems to have. Take the five minutes you spent coding the shitty multiplayer (that no one will ever play) and give me another single player level, or something.

Single player is good. I enjoyed it more than Max Payne 2. The graphics were pretty good and the gunplay is a lot of fun. Cheap as shit on Hard Boiled mode, though. The only reason I managed to beat it is because I got one of the bosses stuck behind a pillar or something and he couldn't get out.

I bought it for $60 and was more than pleased with it. For $15 - $30, it's well worth the money for anyone on the fence.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by garagesaleking!! View Post
    I have never played max payne in my life, how similar is it to strangehold?
    Go do yourself a favor and find cheap used copies of Max Payne 1 and 2. You will thank me later. As others have already said, Max Payne 1 and 2 are two of the best story driven shooters of the last gen and you will fully enjoy the entire play thru. The first one is one of my favorite games of all time. I actually had the game for well over a year before I finally got around to play it. I saved it for the proverbial "rainy day" and that was one of the best rainy days I have ever had.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.