Thread: 154 auctions up and running, need visitors!

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default 154 auctions up and running, need visitors!

http://www.bidville.com/search/user_...e=all&sort_by=

note :shock: - most of this stuff has been going to whoever bids on it first, as the site's not a big as ebeg (and most of the users on bidville seem to be annoyingly poor- i get asked for lay-a-ways a few times a week ), so you won't have to worry much about getting sniped, lol...

Great Puma (Level 12) Sylentwulf's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just curious, why would you list there instead of Ebay?
    Rend, slaughter, devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory

DP Users get 8% off at www.ElectricQuarter.com using coupon code Digipress5

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

150+ listing fees?? Isn't Bidville still a FREE site?

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yep it's still FREE

http://www.bidville.com/help/fee_schedule.cfm

@Sylentwulf, Figure up 150+ Listing fees and Final auction Fees, Now imagine if you didn't have to pay ANY of that. Get the picture?

Heck I'm surprised you're not using it in addition to what you already do on ebay. You could probably get away with a direct link from an 'About Me' page. Mention that you combine shipping from both auction sites. Might would be able to cut back on some of your listing fees on ebay. The biggest problem with it right now is lack of trafic though. Expect to have ALOT of auctions ending with no bids.

Really it's not so much an auction as it's an online inventory, or E-store, where you can basically just set a price, usually a sell price, a bit higher than you would do on ebay, then just forget about it. You can set it up to automatically relist, and of course it's totally free. 8)

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hehe another place to look for deals.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

geelw i want some famicom games but sadly i don't have the money unless....... my username on gametz.com is gamergary

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default my posts...GONE!...*sob*...(lol)

:shock: :cry: what the blankety blank gawddamn hell happend to my (35? 44? i forget ) previous posts? AND my avatar vanished!!! blaaaaaaah! the site is POSSESSED, i tell ya! :twisted: :evilbat: ....

(lol) anyway, i don't have a credit card ( ), and i have too many games here- bidville was free when i joined up, and so far i've been pretty pleased. a few folks here have actually bought stuff from me, and i think ebay's reliability factor has dropped a lot over the last year or so. their customer "service" is non-existent at best :x ; i've been ripped off by a few sellers (3 or 4 in 2 years) and gotten NO good results from dealing with them (and the postal service, but that's another tale for another time)...=^P

Great Puma (Level 12) Sylentwulf's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's just a waste of time. NOONE goes to any other auction site besides Ebay (Maybe a 7% share by Yahoo auctions, and a 2-3% share of Amazon) What do you sell 5 out of 150 items? Too much work. Time IS money. If I wanted to spend that much time, I could find other ways to use it to make more money than saving the $.40 you're saving.
    Rend, slaughter, devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory

DP Users get 8% off at www.ElectricQuarter.com using coupon code Digipress5

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default That

That's the exact reason why eBay rules. The fear of 99% of sellers to try anything new. Everyone wants to go to the 'best' places, which isn't that best anymore. In the end, eBay holds the monopoly, and they will progressively march fees upward to take the profit out of stuff selling for less than $25, which probably barely covers their costs.

I think it's too bad. If there were competition, perhaps there would be innovation. eBay does not innovate.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default if you were cute, i'd kiss your feet...

well put, ian- this is freakin' america, man- COMPETITION is where it should be! people were saying the same damn thing about ebay a few years ago: "who's gonna bid on a PICTURE of an item?"; "it's a waste of time!" ebay is too big and fat, and like electronic arts, it has a MASSIVE ego problem from everyone sucking its pipe and singing its praises all the ding dong day when they screw up (which is often), they hide under a long list of "well WE'RE not responsible" b.s. and lots of little people get shafted. what's POPULAR and what's GOOD are two different things (as gamers, that's a fact of life, lol)

i'm not on bidville just because i want to make some extra money, i'm supporting the little guy as well. if enough e-beg worshippers broke off from their mantra reciting and spread their cash elsewhere, maybe the powers that be there would wake up and realize that the internet doesn't revolve around them and their monopolizing ways... not that it'll happen overnight...

oh yeah, check my feedback- i've sold more than five items there, lol!

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

@geelw - I noticed you have a Skygunner press demo...a couple questions...

1) Are those things really worth that much? If so maybe I should sell mine...
    2) Where do you write?
    3) Any reason you aren't including all the documentation that came with it (mine came with an Atlus folder, several print materials, walkthrough, etc.)?

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default lucky dog-san!

well, as mine were handed to me in the plain white sleeves they came in during a conversation with an atlus rep (along with a cool robopon bag), i just took them happily- i did get a one sheet with some links to the press part of the website and some contact info, but i keep that stuff filed away, as i need the contact info for future reference.

:shock: you got a walkthrough?! congratualtions! i had to make it through the darn game without it! it's not that difficult to beat- but i haven't had the chance to play through with the different characters...

we got a dual hearts demo last week- same deal- no documentation, just the whole game on a disc in the same white sleeve. oh, i currently write for www.foulmag.com (go take a peek).

as to the value of the disc, think about it- it's a trade demo produced in much smaller quantity than the actual game (which got a small pressing anyway), and you can't get it in stores or by simply asking for it online. if you were a collector/player, you'd want both versions just for the variation...=^P

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The only time I used the walkthrough was to open up the alternate graphics mode early - I played through the game on my own. Mine came in the mail with the folder 'n stuff. :P

We also got that Dual Hearts demo, but like Skygunner ours also came with the folder and documentation (I think, I'll have to double check).

That's an...interesting...magazine. :wink: I run the PS/Nintendo/Xbox sections (aka the stuff that actually gets updated) of VGF.com myself, and handle distributing reviewables to our staff.

I'm aware that it's pretty rare, but in talking with other collectors regarding similar items I've also been quoted something in the $20's or so. Maybe they were just angling to get it cheap. :twisted:

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default think of it this way...

yeah, they'll buy it from you for that $20-$25 and brag later on what a great deal they got, or worse, you'll see it go up on ebay for double the price (with a buy it now option), and someone will grab it, thinking they're getting a great deal!

to me, these trade demos are great collectables simply because you don't need to mod your system or worry about having a debug unit, AND you get the complete version of the game to boot! it's a great game, which is why i priced it the way i did. now, if it were an army men game (or another one of those 3DO ps2 games, lol)... :wink:

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh I totally agree with that - they are great collectibles. I've kept every one I've gotten since Day 1 (save for those I've sent to our staff to review), and I don't know if I'll ever sell them quite honestly. They're just inherently cool. 8)