Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does Capcom have a hate mail address?

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Default Does Capcom have a hate mail address?

I just got to C. Vipers third hard trial and it's obvious that this trial is going to be impossible without a fight stick. I just want to email them how bullshit of a company they've turned into and that they should pay for the $100+ fight stick since they feel the need to put an impossible to do combo without it.

*edit*

I meant email address. I also got to C. Vipers third hard trial around three hours ago, and yeah, that's how long I've been attempting it using a PS3 controller.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 07-16-2009 at 01:33 AM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They do indeed. The address is whinypointlesscomplaints@capcom.com.
    Kidfenris.com: Never Updated.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The real question is why anyone would play the hard trials in SFIV without an arcade stick.

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Digital Aspergers Syndrome.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Play Capcom's Soccer Shootout (greatest game ever) for a while and you'll never have negative thoughts about Capcom again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Quote Originally Posted by G-Boobie View Post
    Digital Aspergers Syndrome.
    ...lol.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Next time they should just bundle the stick with the game, charge $200 and call it a day.

I agree that it's impossible to play well with the PS3 pad. Not Capcom's fault IMO.

It's also well known that to play at a superior level you need to play with a stick. And that doesn't just apply to SFIV.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Clownzilla

Try playing Killer Instinct 2 with the N64 pad and SF3 won't seem as bad.
    Wherever politics tries to be redemptive, it is promising too much. Where it wishes to do the work of God, it becomes not divine, but demonic.

Pope Benedict XVI

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why is it impossible to do without a joystick?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Because the last part of the combo you have to press down to duck while rolling forward in a fireball motion doing an LP and then another down forward to up motion within a split second and pressing PPP once you move to up. Basically you'll pull off the Ultra before she does the high jump but it'll think you did the high jump.

Something that you'll never use and also something you'll never need to use. Why the fuck even have high jump there except to frusturate people as it does nothing to that specific combo? There are other combos that high jump would be useful if you're good enough to pull it off, but the way they have it in this combo it's pretty much useless and they just want you to pull it off at the same time as using the Ultra.

I've currently gotten all the other trials for over half the other characters finished and from what Nirvana said, I already did alot of the harder ones except for C. Viper and Gen.

And besides, yes you "can" play a game like SF4 at a competitive level. However, even though I'm fairly good, I've never been interested at playing it at a competitive level. Bullshit trials like this are just Capcoms way of getting people who want to get the trophy to spend the $150 on their joystick. The majority of people aren't going to even attempt at a competitive level so something like this shouldn't even be in the fucking game. Even with a fight pad this one seems impossible. I actually tried setting my PS3 controller on a table and then doing the combo by using the analog stick like a joystick which ended up failing.

It's not just SF4 though. That's the main thing though.

*edit*

Anyone have a PS3 joystick I can use to complete these trials easier?
    Last edited by kupomogli; 07-16-2009 at 09:43 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

I'm pretty sure there are plenty of people who were able to do the trial with a PS3/360 controller, so there's really no need to get all pissy over not being able to do a move. Now Green Eye in Lost Planet is something to bitch about, quite possibly one of the most frustrating boss fight I have ever experienced in a game, I've yet to be able to kill him.

Breaking Bad 3x02 - Caballo Sin Nombre

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't know anyone who has the platinum in SF4, mostly because of those stupid trials. Anyone would get frustrated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by exit View Post
    I'm pretty sure there are plenty of people who were able to do the trial with a PS3/360 controller
    I didn't know Jesus Christ was still on earth.

But no. I'm sure there may be people who completed it with a PS360 controller. Plenty though? No.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post

Anyone have a PS3 joystick I can use to complete these trials easier?
    I bought a Logitech PS3 controller for $15 that has a much better d-pad than the DS3/6A. I was able to play through the game on normal without losing a round for the first time.

I stopped using it because a couple weeks later I lucked into a tourney stick. Well worth the investment IMO (both controllers).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Not to be rude, but that really doesn't say much. I beat the game on Very Hard without dying the first time I played arcade mode on a friends 360 before I had the game. That's with the piece of crap 360 controller.

It's not that the PS3 controller is bad as I'd prefer that when playing as I usually only play with a character like Ryu or Sagat which you'll NEVER have to do that even if you could happen to use their fifth hard trials regularly. It's just that attacks like C. Vipers are near impossible unless you have godlike dexterity and mental dexterity when using a controller due to limitations on how the controller is setup in comparison to a fight stick.

Everyone should go finish C. Vipers second hard trial if you haven't and you'll see what I'm talking about when you attempt the third(the second hard trial is hard enough though so that's if everyone can actually finish it.) Hitting up after the LP will do the High Jump. You either have to hit DF DFU with PPP the moment you hit up or DFU DF PPP. The DFU DF PPP is actually easier due to the fact that you know you're going to pull the high jump off, just that the high jump is set off the instant you hit up so you need a joystick to be able to hit df PPP as soon after.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

These trials don't exist for Capcom to make money - no other SF game has even had these kind of challenges/tutorials. It clearly took effort and research to come up with them.

Yes, they are hard with a pad. I'm a pad player, I was never really an arcade kid, but have always wanted to be as fighting games were designed for a stick - hell, take a look at Guile and Vega's super inputs.

You don't need to buy a stick, and if you're not used to using one, you're only going to have more trouble; I have trouble doing basic fighting game motions on one.

In short, they didn't make these so that you would buy a stick, but instead, to show the options their game engine allows. Other Street Fighter ports don't have these additions.

It's really in-depth stuff for a fighting game that's supposed to be marketed for beginners and casual users, which is one thing I find odd about SFIV, but at least it's in there for you. It's not like Prototype or a lot of modern games that say "Runs best on [sponsored hardware]"; if you can do it on pad, then bravo; but Capcom isn't telling you to go buy a stick.

I just finished some hard trials with pad last night. I have friends who have done hard trials using the X360's analog stick. It's possible, and stick might not be the answer to all your problems, especially if you're this quick to get frustrated. When a challenge is really getting me worked up, I shut off the game and play something else.

Not to mention, these challenges are not vital to the game. They're for personal achievement, or colors/taunts. Again, what other Street Fighter game has 10 colors and multiple taunts and winning poses?

As a final note, C. Viper's high jump is useful all over the place, and not just in combos. Example: You can do her Seismic Hammer, have it be blocked, then jump cancel it for safety. The added benefit is that if the move hits, you'll be in prime position to do an air followup.

Yes, the trials are hard.
    NES, SFC, SNES, NDS, PS2, GCN, PC, PS2
    and hopefully more acronyms to come

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Not to be rude, but that really doesn't say much.
    I'm not trying to "say much". Frankly I have better things to brag about than my performance in a video game. The point was that I played better using the controller(s) which in turn I am recommending to you.

The answer to your original query, given you would apparently rather pursue this route than the logical solution every other decent player arrived at 4 months ago....

CAPCOM ENTERTAINMENT INC.
    800 Concar Drive, Suite 300
    San Mateo, CA 94402-2649

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

what I wanna know is, will a 360 stick work on a PC the same way a 360 pad works on a PC? or does somebody make a high quality 6 button stick for PC?
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So what you're saying is that the "Hard Trials" are hard? I'm not sure i see the issue here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

I didn't know Jesus Christ was still on earth.
    I'm sure even Jesus would tell you to stop acting like a little baby. Just because you can't do something doesn't mean it isn't possible, I'm sure you aren't the only one to have problems with this, but I'm damn sure there are plenty of other people who have done it. I highly doubt that this was an evil scheme by Capcom to get everyone's money, so just man up already.

Breaking Bad 3x02 - Caballo Sin Nombre