I have been collecting SNES games for five or six years now, and in all that time, I have never ran into a pirate cart - until I saw two, (in two totally separate places), last week. I passed up "Dragonball Z 3" for $36.00; I just couldn't see paying that much for the game, even though I am a die-hard SNES collector. However, I found a similar cart, (Dragonball Z 2), later that week for $15.00.

I picked up the cheaper one, and I have to say, the game is actually pretty good. It is a pretty inventive fighter and I think that the split screen/flight mechanics work out well. The first thing that I noticed is that the pirate "American" cart is about half the weight of the regular carts. It just feels like it is going to slip out of your hands. Also, the tell-tale lack of a title on the top of the cart is a dead giveaway.

My main question is how much is the Dragonball Z pirate cart worth? Part of me wants to buy it because I will probably never have another chance to purchase that little piece of history. Then again, $36.00 is really steep for any SNES game, not to mention I could buy the same imported game for less than that (or I could go for hyper dimension, which is supposedly better).

What do you guys think?

You can see pictures of the cart from an old post, mentioned here:
www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98498

The copy I am looking at is in better condition than the one pictured, but I can't help but to be interested, even though the price seems over the top.

Let me know.
-Chris